Attendees at San Diego Comic Con 2013 (July 18th - 21st) will be able to see the latest stage of development of Mattycollector's next licenced prop replica, the Ecto Goggles.

In the mean time, Mattel has released a quick preview video with a quick overview of the Goggles... as well as some (rather poorly made) demonstrations of what you'll see through the lenses whilst worn:

The Ecto Goggles go on sale on MattyCollector.com in August with a pricetag of $130.
*stumbles over words*
"uhm"
*almost drops product*
"NO. NOPE. KEEP ROLLING, KEEP ROLLING. WE DON'T HAVE TIME TO DO ANOTHER TAKE."

I was sort of on board until I saw the animations. I pray to god those aren't final. I could animate better proton streams with my hands tied behind my back.
TheRockman, Sutton621, Zack liked this
I'm still getting two of them. I'm not really bothered by the animations, I think that it works with the pke the way it does is neat. I wish I could figure out how to do that and put that into other projects. Honestly, I'm really less likely to use any of its features but that's mostly because I don't really use my other matty gb stuff's electronics; they are just displayed with out batteries on a shelf.

I don't give a shit about the library ghost and I don't like his tone though.
Sutton621 liked this
So... the 'exclusive' animation you get when combined with the PKE meter is a ghost from a scene in the movie BEFORE the goggles are even built?

Double-you. Tee. Eff. Question mark.

What an asinine choice of ghost.

And I really dislike how fragile that plug-in looks on the bottom of the PKE meter.

Alex
Sutton621 liked this
His briefing is pretty sub-par, given his remark that making the PKE Meter "get louder" is what affects the internal animation.

I'm reasonably confident the animations in the video won't be what we'll see on-screen. We'll hear a pretty definitive report on that though by the time the convention rolls around.
Alex Newborn wrote:So... the 'exclusive' animation you get when combined with the PKE meter is a ghost from a scene in the movie BEFORE the goggles are even built?

Double-you. Tee. Eff. Question mark.

What an asinine choice of ghost.

And I really dislike how fragile that plug-in looks on the bottom of the PKE meter.

Alex
You're forgetting about the video game, where you spend the better part of a level tracking the library ghost with the Ecto Goggles.
cowbybill liked this
slightly adjustable scrap...uh strap!!!

funny to see the PKE Meter as a regular item back in the Mattycollector store. So more for all those "Almost Gone!" "Sold Out!" now people who didn't have it will have more incentive to buy that now I guess though I assume most people getting this have the PKE already.
I think that this'll be the last Ghostbusters prop that Mattel produces. I'll be very surprised if they ever announce a fourth product.

I've they ever do release the proton pack (which I highly doubt do to its size) I think they may release the proton thrower separately to the actual pack itself.
I'm currently rocking some modified welding goggles from 2002. This latest offering would be an upgrade for my equipment. They got the color right, as per fan demands. As for the shape and size of the lens, I've got be honest... that just doesn't leap out at me. I'd consider the purchase.

I can't say that I care too much about the animations as a feature -- I want my gear to look cool to onlookers, but I don't want to encourage them to wear it to see what's happening.

As for the quality of the animations... those could just as easily be hastily created mockups. That the video appears to have been shot on the other side of an office cubicle and didn't involve enough takes to remove slip-ups indicates that this production was a rush-job. It happens.

Then again, given how big the image will appear in front of your eye, those COULD be final graphics. I doubt that they'll get too sophisticated with regard to the internal display at this pricepoint.

One thing that makes me think twice about purchasing these (and I'm sure this sentiment has already been shared) is that I can probably build my own for less than what these are going for. That would give me the opportunity to play with external lighting a little more and be able to say "yes, I built them myself" when asked at a convention.

Also -- stickers that are "customizable"? That just sounds like "it'd be cheaper to let the consumer do this part".

Between fan disdain, the rush feel of the video and the some assembly required decals, this definitely feels like the end of the product line.
Vee liked this
Google is a beautiful thing....honestly building a pair yourself will yield a more screen accurate pair of goggles. I searched for maybe 2 days and found some goggle frames for a reasonable price....outside of that if you take the easy approach, nick a tron sells some great looking resin cast side knobs and lenses...MMM makes a great set of goggle plates. I have maybe 110 bucks invested on my goggles. The 130 they are asking isnt worth it unless you just want the gimmicky seeing ghosts thing with your PKE meter....and even then you have to plug something into your meter for the two devices to sync....

Matty should just run another line of ghost traps and leave it at that.
Ernest Reid liked this
Nonagon wrote:*stumbles over words*
"uhm"
*almost drops product*
"NO. NOPE. KEEP ROLLING, KEEP ROLLING. WE DON'T HAVE TIME TO DO ANOTHER TAKE.".

"They call me 'One Take Scott'! I'm not good enough to do it successfully in one take, but that's all they pays me for, so that's all I does!"
Carpeteria liked this
Easy pass for me. At $130 I'd have to be 100% sold on the look being accurate and the animations would have to be of something besides their own toys. Now if they dropped out the electronics and just sold the goggles for $60, I'd have to reconsider.

Eh...who are we kidding. Matty Collector has seen the last dollar they'll even get from me.
groschopf wrote:Also -- stickers that are "customizable"? That just sounds like "it'd be cheaper to let the consumer do this part".
Another flub, he intended to suggest that the Goggles were customisable as to what labels could be applied to them, not that the labels themselves were customisable.
Kingpin wrote:Another flub, he intended to suggest that the Goggles were customisable as to what labels could be applied to them, not that the labels themselves were customisable.
Nah, that's not a flub. The Labels they are packing in with the Goggles are blank, you can write whatever you want on them with a Magic Marker, so they are "customizable". :lol:

Sad thing is, if they had come up with that before I did, that's what we'd all be getting.
130....hahahahahahahaha!

Trying to recover some money they lost on the sale of the hoverboards?

I would have been on board paying 80 bucks for these, but 130? No.

This will be the first GB product from matty that i do not buy. Ah well.

For the legacy shell, what aspects are damage that[…]

Greetings

Welcome aboard, Samson! :)

At the moment my interest would be what sorts fo[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

I know very little about Five Nights at Freddy's […]