I'm cringing so hard oh god. That is the most contrived promotional video I've ever seen. Her nails are really buggin' me out.
I can't imagine what those "Big Ghostbusters announcements" will be. Blegh.
Holy crap that video was horrid! The 2 "nerds" had the most punchable personas I've laid eyes on in a while. I have to say that I'm confused about that this "big" announcement could be considering the figure line is dead and the goggles are crap. A gigameter would be cool but if they release a proton pack, it will be the largest disappointing hunk of plastic ever.
DarkSpectre wrote:if they release a proton pack, it will be the largest disappointing hunk of plastic ever.
Assuming the figure line truly is dead and based on the claim that it's going to be a "big" product, I'm guessing proton pack. If that's the case, it will be better categorized as a "toy" than a "prop replica."

I think Mattel knows the online Ghostbusters fan community is pretty fed up with the company, and they know that the community is already making packs that surpass the quality of whatever they could make and sell. So to me, it makes sense that they would make a toy-quality pack available for those unwilling or unable to put in the time and effort to make their own.

For the countless talented people here, yeah, it would probably be a disappointing hunk of plastic. But I don't think the talented people here are the target market for their prop toys anymore.
if it is a proton pack, and the 'accuracy' is there (close to the quality of the trap, as opposed to the goggles), and its relatively cheap, with sound and lights, I would buy one. I know its much better to build one. but I never have the time or patience or work space to achieve such a feat. plus it would make an awesome christmas present for my nephew, since he is always asking me to build him one that 'looks like the ones in the movies, with lights and sounds'....
Rodimus wrote:My bet is on a neutrona wand, not a full proton pack.
It's a bit hard to imagine something like a whole proton pack being done as an assembly line toy, without the price going up astronomically. But I would like to be proven wrong.

The idea of a proton gun makes more sense to me too. Well, enough with the speculation, I'll wait and see.
A full pack would be a HUGE undertaking for Matty. Think of all the variables like the hoses, the fittings like the clippard, crank knob, resistors as well as the entire alice frame with straps, not to mention the electronics involved. Plus something else to consider, if they are pushing the goggles at $130, a pack would have to be well over 500 bucks and even then it would be a mass produced, corners cut toy. I agree with Zack that a Gozer Diorama would be outstanding as well as a gigameter.

I guess we'll see after this week.
I'd much prefer something for the 6-inch figure line instead of another prop. Gozer and the Terror Dogs would be cool. Maybe a Stay Puft that's the correct scale. That would only be like 6 feet, right? ;) But, I'm guessing they really are done with the figure line.

I don't understand you guys who are saying you don't think Mattel could make a proton pack. It's a simple five-step process.

1. Make a cardboard mockup and a lot of promises.
2. Take pre-orders.
3. Cut corners (reduce the size, remove the most appealing features, etc.).
4. ???
5. Profit.
Jimm wrote:
I don't understand you guys who are saying you don't think Mattel could make a proton pack. It's a simple five-step process.

2. Take pre-orders.
4. ???
5. Profit.
Ha, good point :cool: I guess 4 could be hire annoying nerd sterotypes to pimp product. and you could add a 6 being that they blame the fans for not supporting the line.
Jimm wrote:I'd much prefer something for the 6-inch figure line instead of another prop. Gozer and the Terror Dogs would be cool. Maybe a Stay Puft that's the correct scale. That would only be like 6 feet, right? ;) But, I'm guessing they really are done with the figure line.

2. Take pre-orders.
4. ???
5. Profit.
Step 4 would be Scott saying "This is sooooo not final"
Pretty toy. Too expensive to give to a kid and too fake to display as a replica. Not sure if I see the point. The PKE was very good, the trap was decent, the goggles look horrid and the thrower doesn't know what it's trying to be. :whatever:
ChapterMasterTu'Shan wrote:It's recognizable, but for that price tag, you could do way better.
I don't think I've ever seen a wand with lights and sounds for less than $130. Or a more accurate one for $130.

That's because I don't think I've ever seen a wand for $130, haha.

There's also something else coming too that's being covered up by a sheet right now.
joeghostbuster liked this

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]

I love that. I actually think a better version of […]

Afterlife Ecto Goggles Build

Thank you for posting this information. This is a[…]