Dan AKA wrote:
Zack wrote:I know they said that's what "Sony" said it was but yeah they don't really know what they're talking about.
The green used for the Ecto-Goggles is also the "correct" color according to "Sony."

I imagine the only green colored thing they are worried about is money
Fifthrider, Zack liked this
LOL @ Scott "rockin out" to GB theme.

I missed this entire announcement until just now. Woops. If they never make a pack to go with the wand, well, that will be annoying. I don't know why I keep buying these giant, space-consuming "prop replicas", but I do know that I will continue doing so. These goggles better be pretty awesome, though, if they are only a couple Hamilton's cheaper than a wand.
I don't know how they could make such a glaring error. Completely uncalled for. If they even remotely watched any part of the film and looked at any picture of any proton wand, I've never seen ANYONE have a green tube on the end, anybody could tell you it's red.

for f**ks sake...all the 6 inch and 12 inch figures with proton packs have red wires there so seriously, what is their excuse?

EDIT: Just saw where Brad said the same thing above.
MagicMan666 wrote:According to ToyGuru the wand will have the green wire at the front. It's to late to change it now and he claims it is this colour on the prop they looked at when they visited Sony.
I'm left flabbergasted by the people doing the research for the various articles released by MattyCollector... The diecast Ectomobiles, the equipment on the figures, the Proton Gun... how are they making such glaring mistakes that any one of us can see a mile off?

It's like they consider every other source they can lay their hands on... but not the definitive one: the actual movies. Do they not have a DVD player at Matty?
Definitely baffling how Matty could go with a green wire from the one model they supposedly acquired from Sony, when all other wands on screen and other products are all red. Someone needs to get a mole in there to find out what really goes on in their R&D.

However I was just thinking the same thing- some carefully applied paint could fix it.
Or it might be possible that the wire itself could be replaced.
MagicMan666 wrote:According to ToyGuru the wand will have the green wire at the front. It's to late to change it now and he claims it is this colour on the prop they looked at when they visited Sony.
I guess they decided that the hardcore fans will change the tubing themselves (saving Matty the labor and cost), and the casual fans won't care.

Since the wand is clearly modeled off a Semi-Hero thrower, maybe the one they examined at Sony was the broken one in the lobby which is missing the entire front barrel assembly; they may have just assumed that all of the tubing was green. Still, there's no excuse...
Demon Vice Commander wrote:I guess they decided that the hardcore fans will change the tubing themselves (saving Matty the labor and cost), and the casual fans won't care.

Since the wand is clearly modeled off a Semi-Hero thrower, maybe the one they examined at Sony was the broken one in the lobby which is missing the entire front barrel assembly; they may have just assumed that all of the tubing was green. Still, there's no excuse...
I started to consider the same thing about the prop missing the front assembly, but no, no excuses. Not only is this information readily available with minor research (Google! You don't have to see an actual prop! Maybe put the DVD in!) -- but they did it the right way on all the other toys they released.

They'll save a small amount per unit by using one color tube twice instead of using two different colors. They also likely know diehard fans will buy it anyway and swap the tube, so it's a no-brainer for them. They're not going to say that to potential customers. They're going to use some sort of design excuse (ie: "Yeah, the goggles are the right color!" "No, the hoverboard couldn't have foil decals." "Uh, King Hsss's shoulders were supposed to be assembled backwards, please buy more He-Man figures?")
That is a disgrace that they are using that asa copout.

It almost feels like when they do something wrong, they say that the model they looked at was like this witout showing the source they looked at to back it up....Look at the ecto-goggles...Nobody has ever seen a shade of green like that and grey knobs and they did it, now this...

Why should fans have to pay top dollar for a collector price and then "deface" the collectors item to make it more accurate.

I'm not even going to say that I won't get it, because I said the same about the Goggles and ended up getting them. I wont be using the goggles with my gear and if I get the thrower I won't be repalcing it either.
Glenn Frederick liked this
I can only suppose that, like AKluthe said 2 posts above, that using green tubing was cheaper or the team doing this (Epic creations?) wasn't the same working on the figures.

But like many have asked: why didn't they think of seeing the MOVIE prop they're replicating by watching the MOVIE as well?
It disappoints me that back when they developed the PKE Meter, they had a member of staff who was dedicated to ensuring that (minor issues aside) the Meter was as good a representation of the original prop as could be achieved and still be cost effective.

Out of all the stuff they've produced, the PKE Meter was the best in terms of overall accuracy and quality... and how quickly their attention to things devolved after they'd finished work on that prop replica.
I dread that they do actually "hypothetically" develop a proton pack....God knows what kinda corners they're going to cut on that one...

My guess is they'll develp the Hello Kitty pack and claim that this is what Sony give them....
Lol, if you think he's actually not lying to you you're naive.

It's all a display of excitement and honesty that is put on to hide lies and deceit. Of course there is no prop with a green wire. There's also no prop with such incredibly off and invented dimensions.

People still don't understand that there is no excuse for inventing dimensions on a prop replica when the real dimensions are known (by us and by Universal). "We know it's exactly x inches long because we researched it". No it's not, you didn't research anything as you couldn't stand spending $200 on researching. Hell even asking anyone here for free.

Such a lack of effort, such laziness in work ethic is stomach turning. This thing is just a fantasy plastic inaccurate toy, like the trap is.

High gloss cheap black plastic? If only the dimensions and shine were right it would all be fine.

Scott Neitlich, (Matty) knows nothing about craftsmanship, quality or work ethics. You just keep reading out your que cards while looking off camera Mr. Matty Marketing Manager, in fake excitement holding your foam car model that you couln't even be bothered to inkjet print out a roof or bonnet for.

Trying to get people excited like little children and con them out of their money to sell your inferior plastic junk.

I just see you begging.
Vee liked this
Kingpin wrote:
Dan AKA wrote:Ben - Why are you upset that they used your artwork? I mean, sure, you don't really get mentioned or anything but the community (at least those who care) will know that it's YOUR art on an official Ghostbusters item, I think it's pretty cool. Let them be lazy, it immortalizes you.
It's the principal of the matter, if they'd asked me in advance if they could use it there's a good chance I probably would've said "yes", but they didn't.

You can so easily prove that they stole your IP. Call a lawyer, you can easily make $1000-$5000 out of this IP theft.

If the lawyer is good this could set a precedent for companies trampling on basic property rights through carelessness or arrogance.

Serves such a lazy, low-quality trashcan operation like Matty right.

Call a lawyer, he'll talk you through it, you won't spend anything as you are the victim.

Edit: as for people from Europe who want to purchase these. Why don't you just use a freight forwarder like Myus. They give you an address in the us where the shop can ship to, then they ship it to your European address. Done.
gold333 wrote:People still don't understand that there is no excuse for inventing dimensions on a prop replica when the real dimensions are known (by us and by Universal).
Universal?
gold333 wrote:You can so easily prove that they stole your IP. Call a lawyer, you can easily make $1000-$5000 out of this IP theft.

If the lawyer is good this could set a precedent for companies trampling on basic property rights through carelessness or arrogance.

Serves such a lazy, low-quality trashcan operation like Matty right.

Call a lawyer, he'll talk you through it, you won't spend anything as you are the victim.

Edit: as for people from Europe who want to purchase these. Why don't you just use a freight forwarder like Myus. They give you an address in the us where the shop can ship to, then they ship it to your European address. Done.
If it'd been a completely 100% original creation then I would likely be going down that route, but a design inspired by a copyrighted concept (Ecto Goggles) based on another copyrighted design (original night vision goggle label) leaves would leave me with little legal grounds. I don't have a case that I'd win.
Thank god-
Ghostbusters Fans,

We checked on the wiring color for the Neutrino Wand and here’s the deal: The wiring for our upcoming Epic Creations model was designed in green to be accurate to the film prop we have on loan from Sony. As it turns out, some props had red wires and others green, and both were used. At fan request, we’re changing the front wire to red and the back will stay green.

Please note that as far as we know, the ability for this toy to capture ghosts is 100% unrelated to the color of the wire. However, it is Ghostbusters and, well, stranger things have happened…

--Matty
Last edited by Kingpin on August 26th, 2013, 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Added quote code
Alan Hawkins liked this
What might have happend was the red wire fell off over the years and was replaced by a green one. This was the case with one of the original packs.
Aaah, interesting to know, I myself had been wondering if that was somehow possible.

Some people here claimed it was some sort of cost-cutting measure, but that's obviously nonsense. Compared to the cost of the rest of the components, the colour of a wire is completely negligible. Maybe the colour of the entire prop (ecto goggles!), but not one little wire. Especially when it is a basic primary colour like red. I'm sure there is no shortage of red wires in the world.

Matty already had produced various small proton packs for their figures, they must have been aware of the fact that the wire was typically red. So they only reason they would do it in green was if they were given evidence or info of some sort that it is supposed to be green. I also didn't think it boded well when they said that Sony loaned them an original proton pack, as after the 30 years there's no guarantee that the prop would be in good condition. (Hell, the PKE meter got holes drilled in it and showed up in some other movies and music videos and other odd stuff.)

There's also the fact that as far as I'm aware only one of the proton packs had a working bar graph, and all the others just had a solid yellow bar, so a pack on loan from Sony wouldn't tell you what the bar graph is supposed to do. I'm hoping they've made it do some interesting things for different settings. (I liked how for the ghost trap they included an accurate "prop" mode as well as another mode which took some liberties and added extra lights and sounds.) From Mattys preview video it looks like the graph doesn't do anything interesting while firing, just solid yellow, but it did fall after firing.
Why can't they just come out and say, "We were wrong."? I'm not sure I've ever seen a NEUTRONA wand with a green wire on the barrel in either film. I'm pretty sure I've never even seen a fan-made one with a green wire there, for that matter. Also, I don't appreciate the under-handed comment at the end of their statement about "the color or the wire" and "the ability of this toy to capture ghosts." I believe we have a right to be vocal about things like this since we're paying over $100 per unit. I'm sure the markup on these is pretty hefty anyway. I've been in Matty's corner longer than a lot of people, but I feel really disrespected.
ProtonCharger, Kingpin liked this
Ghostbusters Day 2024

Even if Frozen Empire somehow made a billion dol[…]

To repost what I said in the other thread: I don'[…]

GBFANS Ghostlabs light kit

Hey everybody, this is my first post so let me kno[…]

I've ordered one of these for a friend to use off […]