Just watched the review by pixal dan (video is even featured on mattys website) well it was a good review showing the features and what exactly you are getting. I think pixal dan is on their payroll...or at least getting toy kick backs.
ecto88mph wrote:Just watched the review by pixal dan (video is even featured on mattys website) well it was a good review showing the features and what exactly you are getting. I think pixal dan is on their payroll...or at least getting toy kick backs.
Yes. He definitely gets samples before the release.

Ghostbusters Fans used to get them as well, but we all know how much Mattel actually cares about Ghostbusters Fans.
Not404Error liked this
ecto88mph wrote:I hope some last until friday/payday (wishful thinking). Nothing is more frustraiting then wanting something that is limited avaliablity and being broke. Sucks that it was released in December by far the most expensive month of the year for me.
I hear ya. I just bit the bullet, and overdrafted my bank account. Better than taking a chance on missing it.
Even with Mattel's mostly control with the "supply and demand" on these items and having no guarantee these will be for sale again (with only wishful thinking Mattel may make a pack next year) from the source I bit reluctantly ordered the Neutrino (Nutrona) Wand this morning. Once I have it, still better then paying second hand and possibly out of control eBay prices.

For anyone in Jersey ordering one of these, I paid a few dollars more for UPS Ground, ($16.15) I think USPS was $13 something and $10.23 for our 7% sales tax. The total was $156.38.

Although I'm seeing these "prop toys" as more toys then props for what it can do, its not a bad price. After viewing both AJ's and Dan's reviews I'm looking forward to receiving mine. 8)
By Spengs
I was wondering for anyone who ordered a Neutrino Wand from the matty collector site yesterday, did they begin shipping out today? I would guess by the time I wake up tomorrow in Jersey, I may receive a shipping email. I'm not 100% sure.

I remember when I ordered the Ecto Goggles from them, that's what happened. At that time, I did order on the 15 and not a day later. I also chose USPS then. Where this time I waited a day after all the early access and chose UPS Ground.
As I figured and hope would be the case Matty sent me a shipping email overnight. UPS Ground tracking shows a label was created. It hasn't been updated yet with delivery date. Hopefully by the time I wake up tomorrow the system will have updated.
Ok guys my 2 throwers just showed up. I have to say that after seeing the prototype at sdcc this year that I am not let down, but I'm also not really excited about the final product.

We all know that the hat lights are wrong, the clippard is the wrong model, etc and that was stuff we have known since SDCC, but for me the cross the steams feature is the biggest let down. The feature is triggered by a similar window on the front grip as the one on the banjo ear. When you are firing 2 throwers at the same time you bring them together and one wand's stream LEDs turn white and the other shakes more than normal. There is no noticeable sound change but that could be due to the overwhelming rattle of the vibration motor.

All in all though, as a straight up toy I think its a winner. As a prop replica, which the box states that it is, it fails miserably. The playability is cool. My 6 year old loved it as I'm sure all kids would, but when it comes to us big kids there is going to be major let down.

To sum it all up. I would compare this to the trap. In my eyes the trap looks and feels like a plastic toy and not a prop or costume piece. I feel the exact same about this. It will look good on a shelf and I won't be scared to let people handle it like I would be with my super heavy aluminum thrower. If you look at it for what it is you won't be disappointed, but if you are expecting something comparable to what the builders here put together you are sure to be.
Spengs wrote:I was wondering for anyone who ordered a Neutrino Wand from the matty collector site yesterday, did they begin shipping out today? I would guess by the time I wake up tomorrow in Jersey, I may receive a shipping email. I'm not 100% sure.

I remember when I ordered the Ecto Goggles from them, that's what happened. At that time, I did order on the 15 and not a day later. I also chose USPS then. Where this time I waited a day after all the early access and chose UPS Ground.
Yes mine shipped out on Tuesday and should be here tomorrow they said.
Ordered Monday non EST. Got a DHL shipping notice Tuesday. Surprisingly arrived Wed. I am surprised at hos fast it was.

Customs was $26CDN. Total was $176CDN

As a toy it is great and fun to play with. As a prop replica of course there are inaccuracies but for the price I think it is a deal for all the stuff it does.

I have no problem carrying this around when in costume as most people will not notice the inaccuracies and will be impressed by the lights and sounds. I am sure it would be at least double the cost to try and replicate the features using kits.

The Trap, goggles, PKE meter and wand is a quick way to complete a costume and allows one time to make more accurate items if they want.

I am surprised to see the wand and goggles still for sale.
I'm glad to hear people have and starting to receive their Nutrona Wands. It's barely been 24 hours since mine shipped using UPS Ground. Tracking information is still at the label created stage. I'm not blaming UPS, having experience with Mattel (as most of us do) and how the tracking really only updated sometime after I already had my Ecto Goggles, its hard to be patient.
Hey everyone. If you haven't ordered one and are on the fence, I've put together I video review of the wand. I feel that I was fair to the toy and showed off everything that needed to be covered. I hope you guys enjoy it.
Kingpin liked this
Hoot wrote:Link broken to your review Joe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8JaTfT ... ata_player

There's the long link just in case ;-)
I watched the entire review. Great review, I personally agree with your point "I don't know why someone who spend a lot of money on their pack and then use a toy as the gun." (To paraphrase) I understand it will be an easy pass for those who aren't deep into the GB prop culture, but I hope this doesn't hinder people from building amazing throwers. As a guy who had the Kenner pack, I woukdvebkilled for this as a toy, and in the toy respect I'd love to get one for when I have kids.
JoeLuna33 liked this
Problems with DHL you say? How's this for problems?

Leaves Ontario, CA to LA to Cincinnati to Calgary. Then goes all the way BACK to Ontario, CA, then LA, then Cincinnati and then again to Calgary. What?!

I called DHL yesterday, their site says they are open until 2200 PDT and I called at 1800 MST, still enough time. Message says they are closed, call this other number. I call that number and reach Lumis (??) and they can't help me because it's a DHL tracking number. Called DHL this morning and asked what is the deal with their open time on their site and got the usual "we'll look into that" answer. Asked about the round trip it made and after waiting on hold for 10 minutes, they say they don't know. Amazingly it did get delivered tonight without having to cross the boarder again. I ordered a few things from Matty, paid $50 for shipping and an additional $35 for duties. Sheesh!

Question for the Americans. Does yours say "Canadian" under the front grip or did Matty make a second version for Canadians? See the attached photo for what I mean. Image
Its interesting. I want to pick one up but I'm going to have to wait I think, but seeing as how its still on sale a week later. I don't think its selling that well and I think we might see it return in a month or two.
My "Neutrino" wand showed up yesterday. I gotta tell you guys, its weird to be somewhere in the middle of a build, and to suddenly have a completed version just show up.

Yes, it feels like a toy, and its not perfect, but it sure beats running around with an empty thrower body for the time being!

Overall, good purchase.

Also, mine has the Canadian compliance on the front grip as well.

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]

And, lastly, for now, the video that prompted me t[…]

At some point, probably just better off opening up[…]