Got mine from Mattel today. Ordered it Friday morning and it came to my door this morning. 4 days it took to get here. Can't complain. Gun works awesome. It does act like my pke meter tho as soon as the first switch is flipped on the tip extends then goes back to normal but still an awesome purchase.
venkman30 wrote:Got mine from Mattel today. Ordered it Friday morning and it came to my door this morning. 4 days it took to get here. Can't complain. Gun works awesome. It does act like my pke meter tho as soon as the first switch is flipped on the tip extends then goes back to normal but still an awesome purchase.
Who shipped it and where do you live?
venkman30 wrote:Dhl and I live in Ontario Canada. This is my second purchase from matty and I have no complaints. My experience with Mattel has been great so far.
+1. First purchase from them shipped via DHL to Western Canada; no issues. Ordered December 20th and basically shipped the same day; arrived on the 24th. :-D
I feel the comments on a lack of a fluctuating bar graph are a bit nitpickty; the bar does fluctuate when you stop firing. In low beam mode it goes all the way up, then all the way down, then back up to half. Same for full stream, just full at start.
It is a bit lackluster, but meh, better than not at all. Though, I do think they shoulda used the pulsate effect on the bar graph for firing in general, rather than just the "crossing the streams" effect. Then again, wouldn't be as fancy a feature to "cross the streams" if all it did was vibrate faster and shoot white colored lights only =x

But, yes, for the price its pretty neat, close, but not 100% accurate, decent amount of features. Trap is still better, but still a fun toy prop
my nephew LOVED his matty proton gun! I actually bought it for myself but decided last minute (when it arrived yesterday) to give it to him for Christmas, and Im glad I did. its really fun, although the barrel extension is a little tricky, I havent quite figured out the correct button pushing sequence, it kind of switches back and forth, as sometimes the barrel only goes half way when it retracts, unless maybe its just a faulty motor
Great news, my Matty Collector Neutrino (Nutrona) Wand came today! It was delivered by my mailman. Saw him drop it off as I was getting back.

So, Mattel, partial refund? Yeah right.

Safe to assume that with the volume of packages both Fed Ex and UPS have had this month, UPS worked with USPS (as they can and do) to get packages delivered.

Coincidentally or not I did call "Go Matty" yesterday about the tracking, at the time I made a bit of progress and was suppose to receive (still could I suppose) an email from Digital River's tech support with the actual tracking. I also have a ticket number.

Thanks to everyone here for the latest Mattel support group and allow me to complain. If you know me even a little bit, I'm not really one to complain. Either way, I understand life's priorities.

I have played with it. I'll be taking my own pictures and writing about it for Ectocontainment.
I got the Matty wand yesterday. Nice toy. Is it just me. But I was expecting more heavy, metallic feel to it. Maybe I am spoiled with having an all aluminum wand for my pack. The Matty wand feels like a toy. So I gave it to one of my boys, just like I gave the ecto googles to my eldest son. So far, I have loved the PKE and trap (after some modifications). But the googles were a disappointment and I am so-so on the wand. I would love to see someone take all the electronics out of the wand and install them in an aluminum wand.
Ectojeff88 wrote:it's the best I can do since I don't have the time, money, or construction knowledge/tools to build one myself
This is why I want one (and pray they make a pack to go with it).

Short of winning the lottery (not only for the money, but the ability to not need a 40+ hr a week job, to free up the time), this might be the only way I can get a pack/thrower. *shrugs* <:-/
goldenhawk wrote:I got the Matty wand yesterday. Nice toy. Is it just me. But I was expecting more heavy, metallic feel to it. Maybe I am spoiled with having an all aluminum wand for my pack.
I would say so. The matty gun isn't far off from my resin scratchbuilt gun.

Not really fair to compare a $130 mass produced plastic replica to a handmade aluminum prop.

This a great value piece considering most decent light kits alone cost what this thing did. Never priced an aluminum gun but I doubt you can get just the main pieces for what this costs.
Truth be told, I got this to use in a pack build for Halloween 2014 (I actually have the day off for a change; first time in over 5 years!) My nephew will be old enough to trick or treat and I'll be taking him around; It's going to be fun...10 months from now! That being said, there is always the option to upgrade at a later date.

I like it; it looks and feels the part! The light weight doesn't bother me (I honestly didn't notice) and it's sturdy enough (although I wouldn't club baby seals with it!). The plastic switches threw me off, but overall the pros outweigh the cons. Definitely one of my better impulse buys! 5 year old me would have died for one!
Received mine yesterday. The motor want push the barrel all the way causing the intensify button to not work. Haven't read about there return policy but I will be sending it back for a new one (if available) I had very high hopes after reading all reviews and comments. It was delivered 2 days late, not in time for Christmas, and then to find out about the motor problem just crushes me. Anyone else having the same issue with the barrel?
rlayman22 wrote:Received mine yesterday. The motor want push the barrel all the way causing the intensify button to not work. Haven't read about there return policy but I will be sending it back for a new one (if available) I had very high hopes after reading all reviews and comments. It was delivered 2 days late, not in time for Christmas, and then to find out about the motor problem just crushes me. Anyone else having the same issue with the barrel?
Have you tried fresh batteries? I know that sounds dumb, but people had similar problems with the trap and that tended to fix it (if memory serves).
Just received this piece of magic. I've wanted one of these ever since I was 5 and saw one of my favorite movies ever with Venkman and crew blasting away at ghosts. I'm continuously impressed with this thing because it has everything I could want. At first, I didn't like that you had to do a 4 step boot up, but I've since learned that you can skip a few steps by leaving the buttons activated and take 3 instead. It looks more authentic then as well because ALL the lights turn on at once with that sweet "ca-thunk" of the activation sound. I also love that there are blue/purple LEDs in there as well. Those specific colors seem to rotate around the barrel giving it the electricity effect that goes around the main yellow/orange stream in the movie.

I also wanted to note that Matty really is looking ahead to a pack because I was able to plug in my headphones in the the back of the handle. It's essentially a 1/8th inch jack that theoretically would send all the guns sounds into a larger pack with a big speaker and some sound that would really kick. When I plugged it in however, I heard no sound through my headphones, so it would need a specific kind of 1/8th plug. It still fit in there snugly, felt exactly like it I was plugging it into an iPhone or something.

At any rate, I'm sure it's a cheap part, but to go through the trouble of engineering that kind of forward-comparability, I can only hope that a sweet Proton Pack awaits. If they can do a Castle Greyskull, I'm sure they can do one of those. All in all an excellent replica loaded with fun and completely movie accurate sounds.
rlayman22 wrote:Received mine yesterday. The motor want push the barrel all the way causing the intensify button to not work. Haven't read about there return policy but I will be sending it back for a new one (if available) I had very high hopes after reading all reviews and comments. It was delivered 2 days late, not in time for Christmas, and then to find out about the motor problem just crushes me. Anyone else having the same issue with the barrel?
Nope. As stated make sure you are using fresh batteries of the same brand and all that.
Haven't noticed that with mine, feels like i've "fired" it for more then 20 seconds at a time. I may have to test it. If it's not a defect, could be to prevent the motor from somehow breaking. Just a theory...of the worse kind. :-P
venkman30 wrote:So I was just playing around with my new proton gun and found out you can only fire it for roughly 20 seconds befor it stops shooting. Anyone else notice this with theirs?
Yea, I have two and they both shut off after 20 seconds. I timed it and it was more like 22-23 seconds.

Also, I just posted a video of the cross the streams effect in the Collectibles forum. I wanted to make sure you guys in this thread had a chance to see it as well. As I was saying in that thread, I thought the effect was just the barrel lighting up white but to my amazement, the bar graph effect changes as well.

Take a look;
Last edited by Kingpin on December 30th, 2013, 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Added youtube code
ProtonPack83 liked this
below_radar_00 wrote:
venkman30 wrote:So I was just playing around with my new proton gun and found out you can only fire it for roughly 20 seconds befor it stops shooting. Anyone else notice this with theirs?
Yea, I have two and they both shut off after 20 seconds. I timed it and it was more like 22-23 seconds.

Also, I just posted a video of the cross the streams effect in the Collectibles forum. I wanted to make sure you guys in this thread had a chance to see it as well. As I was saying in that thread, I thought the effect was just the barrel lighting up white but to my amazement, the bar graph effect changes as well.

Thanks for showing this, I was definitely curious as to how it would look. Pretty cool, but these lights seem to look different in all videos and lighting. It's hard to see what color they turn without seeing it in person.
These are going to be available again from GBFans starting now for the International fans:

http://www.gbfans.com/shop/mattel-neutrino-wand/

I'll keep them up for as long as they are available on MattyCollector.
SychoBC wrote:Has anyone who ordered from Matty not received their gun yet? I ordered on the 18th and I still haven't gotten it yet.
I orderd on the 20th at around 9 am. I did recieve a update on the cornerstone tracker. It says that it was transfered to USPS here in town. I even looked up the address attached and it is a post office very close to where I live. Oddly enough the USPS tracker still shows it in Indiana in the possession of cornerstone logistics. But hey at least it now says Minneapolis on the tracker!

I am hoping that it comes today!
I never got any emails (not even an initial order confirmation on the 21st), but mine shipped and has been sitting in Sparks NV for the past five days.

I've ordered one of these for a friend to use off […]

GB News is calling the Pink Camo Tint the last m[…]

Sugarland Express.Very early Spielberg movie,it's […]

Also probably different release dates. USA[…]