Jimm wrote:
vbvabuster wrote:Looks like if they don't hit their minimum number of pre-orders by August 19th the Ecto 1 is cancelled.
Where did you hear this? Matty Collector says the pre-order ends November 5th, and I guess I assumed that was when they'd decide whether or not it'll get produced.

It's on mattycollector's facebook (the bolds are my addition)

"Matty Fans,

Just got back from San Diego Comic Con. We had an AMAZING show showing off the rest of our 2013 line up and huge sneak peaks of our 2014 lines including the subscription figures for Club Eternia, Club Infinite Earth and our Ecto 1 presale.

With that in mind, I wanted to clarify for fans where we are and where we hope to go. A lot of folks have been asking about the meters for the different subs and the Ecto 1 presale. Some asking if they are just “marketing gimmicks” or flash and substance filler. The straight and narrow is they are not. They are 100% indicators of where the subs and the presale currently are. While not updated daily, as they are updated on a semi weekly basis the meters do show the current status and are designed really to be a communication tool for our customers to explain and illustrate where each sub level/presale is.

The bottom line; if we do not hit the minimum for tier 1 for both subs and the minimum for Ecto 1, these lines and items will likely not happen. A lot has changed in the toy industry over the last few years. Factors like labor, raw materials and transportation have skyrocketed and in order to continue bringing collectors high end Mattycollector toy lines we are really at a point of being subscription and presale dependent. This isn’t 2004, or even 2008 anymore!

At this time, both of the 2014 subs and the Ecto 1 presale are quite below our expectations. We want nothing more than to see both clubs and the amazing Ghostbusters vehicle move forward. But we can’t do that if we don’t hit the bottom level of sub holders. This is very similar to “Kickstarter” campaigns. Only for the subs and Ecto 1, due to the logistics of the toy making process, we need to lock in our quota and customer base early before we start spending on tooling and other fixed costs.

Because of this, Aug 19th is the DEADLINE for both subs and hitting the bare minimum on the Ecto 1. While we hope to keep the Ecto 1 presale open longer after Aug 19th to gain additional presales, if we don’t hit the minimum by Aug 19th, the Ecto 1 will also close down.

So now is your time! Glimmer! Aquaman! Two Bad! Superboy! Ecto 1! These meters are not a marketing gimmick, they are our way of offering open honest communication to let our customers know how each sub presale is going. Please help spread the word! We only have a few short weeks to make these great toys happen. I’d hate to wrap things up in 2013, but if the subs and the Ecto 1 don’t hit the minimum we may not be going forward. Remember after all what happened to the Ghostbuster 6” Club and even the Superboy/Miss Martian YJ pack. When the minimum presale is not met, we just can’t go forward.

Aug 19th will be here before we know it! Let’s get out there, spread the word, blog, socialize and let everyone know where to sign up for some of the best collector toys out there!

Scott “Toy Guru” Neitlich"

http://www.facebook.com/notes/mattycoll ... 8799333401
Jimm, Agent Gibbs liked this
Jesus it's always something with this company. How can they be surprised that pre-orders are low given the Hoverboard fiasco? Also given the fact that most people who collected this line have since moved on. And last but not least, having to tack an additional $50 onto the price of the already expensive car to make up for Matty's boner of not making the guys with removable packs from the start. This pre-order hasn't even been going a week and they're already cutting the deadline by three months.
portugueseGB wrote:It's on mattycollector's facebook (the bolds are my addition)
Sounds good, thanks for the info. I only read the bold section so thanks for saving me the time! :)

Seriously, I had no idea about the August 19th deadline. Like I said, if you just check out the product pages on Matty Collector (which I'm guessing is the case for most customers) the only deadline they give is November 5th. It certainly does seem like they're just setting this thing up for failure. I'll be disappointed if it doesn't get made, though.
they moved the pre-order deadline from november to august? lol, eff you mattel, kiss my a$$, that is ridiculous.

it would be nice to see this get made, but if it doesnt I wont lose sleep over it. I pre-ordered one (all I can afford), do they expect us to pre-order several of these each?!

they are setting themselves (and us) up for failure already by cutting the deadline back. silly mattel, you'd expect more mature behavior from the biggest toy company in the world.
Also. This is a way Mattel can gauge interest from the fan base. They probably haven't actually produced anything (except for the re-packaged figures), and they won't have to start until it is confirmed or killed.
AJ Quick wrote:Also. This is a way Mattel can gauge interest from the fan base. They probably haven't actually produced anything (except for the re-packaged figures), and they won't have to start until it is confirmed or killed.

Like AJ said. They didn't move the deadline to August. They seem to have set a midway deadline to gauge the possibility of reaching the goal by november. So that they decide if its safe to start investing in production. And that's what the august date means.

And things are looking bleak.

Well, I've preordered my ecto-1.... (DHL shipping costs were about 40$ lower than USPS, by the way)
The little kid in me is screaming to "buy this thing", the adult in me is saying "No, save your money for more important investments" Honestly I think i'm at 50/50 with the Ecto-1 toy right now. On one side we are finally getting a "detailed" version of the Ecto-1 complete with lights and sounds which is cool in it's own right. But on the other hand it's matty and I have this voice in my head saying they will some how mess this up beyond repair. I give them chance after chance and sure some of the figures have gone back and been re-detailed thanks to fans input. But really the fact we had to nick pick and go nuts over them in order for them to be "fixed" is kinda sad. The price of the damn car as well is stopping me from preordering it. Hell I remember when I got the EGB Ecto-1 that came with the same bells and whistles that matty is promising us for alot less, considering how much they cut corners with their merch. Alittle off topic kinda, but why is Venkman one of the figures available with the car? I mean I know he sells well as a toy, they have so little of his figures left for sale after all...but seriously venkman had nothing to do with buying, repairing, driving, or even cleaning the car. Why the figure release of him? Why not Winston? It would at least make sense to have him and Ray sold with or available to buy as a full unit. Sorry for the rant... i'm done now haha. I am pleased matty is putting their foot forwards with this after the googles in the horrid state they came in and the thrower is looking pretty great too. Who knows maybe they will finally put some decent products out now :)
Ghostbuster-Adem84 wrote:...why is Venkman one of the figures available with the car? I mean I know he sells well as a toy, they have so little of his figures left for sale after all...but seriously venkman had nothing to do with buying, repairing, driving, or even cleaning the car. Why the figure release of him? Why not Winston? It would at least make sense to have him and Ray sold with or available to buy as a full unit...
Pretty sure I know the answer...numbers! Matty only looks at the number of each figure sold. Venkman preformed the best, so according to Matty, Venkman is the figure of choice and gets put up with the Ecto.

One would think that Matty would look into why he sold the best and figure out that he was the only figure that came with a Proton Stream, Stand and Gloved Hands. Quite a few people bought 3 extra Venkmans just so they could upgrade the other 3 'Busters. They would only have to read throught a few posts on their own Ghostbusters Forum to find this info. Sadly, there is some sort if disconnect and they only go by the Ledger Sheets, so we get Venkman and not Winston.
joeghostbuster liked this

Beautiful!! I'm getting this even if finances d[…]

You guys are MUCH better at IDing stuff than I am&[…]

Reboot hose attached. And Still working out a fe[…]

Thanks for making this thread - was able to follow[…]