Im also curious as to who would "own" this car once everything is completed.
By AJ Quick
Good question.

Ultimately that will be up to Sony to decide. They may offer an option to keep ownership of the vehicle as long as we all pay for the restoration.

My hope is that it can be placed under the ownership of Ghostbusters Fans for the sole reason that it be safe from sale / destruction down the road. Lots of people have come out of the woodwork to buy the car, and so far all have been turned down.
brad84 liked this
To be clear.

I would fully support a scenario where Sony maintains ownership as long as several things are done. They include, but are not limited to: Sony storing the car, and putting it on public display in a enclosed building. Sony paying for travel expenses to show the car off at big comic conventions the year following restoration. Sony footing some of the bill for restoration (perhaps matching fan's contributions). Sony working closely with GBFans to document the car and restoration process.

The MAIN goal is to have the car restored and offered for public viewing in a safe environment.
brad84, Matt Campbell liked this
By tilallr1
I think this is a terrific idea, thus I have signed the petition as well. Nice to see over 3000 signatures.

I wonder, if Sony says no to this, whether we should just Kickstart an accurate reproduction ourselves. The Ecto-1A needs to be preserved one way or another. If not of its original body than a close facsimile would be better than nothing.

The hardest part would be to find the vehicle of course.

By ZedR
Forgive me if this has been answered.

Has anyone talked with Sony? If so, who? Have they said anything one way or the other? Have they put a price tag on the car if so? I'd be in for a size able contribution if this is greenlit. You all know I have a passion for collecting original Ghostbusters items.

Hell, if they put a price on it I might just buy it myself!

Yourprops.com/user/zedr
I know the car you have a picture of there as well as the recent owner of it...it's all original and should never ever be pursued to make an Ecto-1 or Ecto-1a...the current owner would never sell it for that purpose.

It's sad how Sony disregards these. I too would buy the Ecto-1a if I could and have the masterminds working on my current project work on that...I just have an uneasy feeling that Sony will not sell that car to anyone even though they have no good reason not to.
By tilallr1
SabaSka109 wrote:I know the car you have a picture of there as well as the recent owner of it...it's all original and should never ever be pursued to make an Ecto-1 or Ecto-1a...the current owner would never sell it for that purpose.

It's sad how Sony disregards these. I too would buy the Ecto-1a if I could and have the masterminds working on my current project work on that...I just have an uneasy feeling that Sony will not sell that car to anyone even though they have no good reason not to.
Wow, I just grabbed that image off of google, but dude thats cool that the owner wants to preserve the vehicle. I am sure there is another lying around somewhere. Any idea how much these go for?

It's kinda tragic looking at what Sony has done with it, when there are literally thousands of us who would pay to see it restored.

Lets hope for the best, but we should also plan for the worst. Especially if they plan to scrap her.
By nstevic01
From what I have heard in discussions is that Sony has shot down all offers to purchase the vehicle in the past. I can only assume it is a liability issue and they would rather let it rot than to sell it to someone who could potentially sue due to an undisclosed rust spot, chassis rot or something retarded like that. I'm guessing this is what the petition is for, to get Sony to at least bring the car back to life and have it on display for the fans to see.
By AJ Quick
nstevic01 wrote:From what I have heard in discussions is that Sony has shot down all offers to purchase the vehicle in the past. I can only assume it is a liability issue and they would rather let it rot than to sell it to someone who could potentially sue due to an undisclosed rust spot, chassis rot or something retarded like that. I'm guessing this is what the petition is for, to get Sony to at least bring the car back to life and have it on display for the fans to see.
That's the reason the car would be sold 'as scrap'.
Ectojeff88 wrote:How many signatures are you looking for before presenting the proposition to Sony?
With all the attention it's getting I wonder if someone there already knows about it.
I'd like to see 10,000 signatures minimum (though more is better!)
Wouldn't simply selling the car "as is" cover Sony legally vs such frivolous claims as what's been stated above? Selling something as is or as scrap is too simple a solution to resort too when the alternative is just letting it rot on some back lot somewhere and not making money off the asset. Something else has to be at play here....
Boomerjinks wrote:Dan just blew the perfect opportunity to learn about, and promote the restoration.

Steamed right past it so he could promote the non-existent GB3 effort.
I think it must be his Ghostbuster 2 remorse. He has blocked it out or something. Ecto-1A ... what is that? LOL

But he mentioned getting a new car for the 3rd one ... which of course makes sense .... makes you wonder what it will look like.
The way the guy asking the question made it sound like he was talking about the "original car" which was restored. Dan might have missed the "A" part.
Hey AJ, thank you for doing this!
You are risking, a lot, if not everything in your efforts.
I will be make a donation on the sites a soon as I can. Thanks again!!!
Hey AJ,

Looks like VB is more than happy to help out ;)

"So the GBFANS are petitioning to have the ECTO-1A from GHOSBUSTERS-II restored? Wouldn't it be great if BOB'S PROP SHOP were the guys to do it?

We will be contacting Sony soon with our proposal.

We will restore the car, FOR FREE.

Yep.

I'll have my people talk to their people.

Let's do this!!!!"

I couldn't think of a more frightening fate for the 1A. At that point I'd almost rather see it scrapped then put into VB's hands. What kills me is that people are actually bringing his name up in other parts of Facebook in regards to this petition.

Ugh...
travisccook, AJ Quick, Boomerjinks and 1 others liked this
This content received too many dislikes. Click SHOW to view
People may have issues with Bob, bit let's be honest he does have the knowledge and it would be better than leaving it to die. I'm just saying. If he gets it at least we know it will get rebuilt. Cause Sony won't.
I got to give him some small credit he recently made an Ecto from an old style car wasn't too shabby. I know he done some shady stuff but whatever it takes to get that car out of junkyard back lot hell.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-aOPfW ... ata_player this the car he did. Like I said he may be the douche everyone says I'm not arguing but whatever it takes to get it away from Sony. Even with the petition from what I seen on Facebook all it did was panick them into moving it somewhere else. They won't restore it unless there is something in it for them.
Yawn your boring. My POINT is any conflict will only result in giving Sony more lame excuses to keep there car in shambles. Obviously if there is friction they will avoid the issue even more than they already are.
joegianco liked this

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]