Rodimus wrote:
Jolly RogerVF84 wrote:
I used the "Revell 90" color for more weathering. Now it looks fine :)
can u pick it up at any hobby shop? i really wanna change it.
As a rule, Revell paints aren't available in the United States, only in Europe.

I believe Revell #90 is also #32190, Metallic Silver. Testor's Model Master Silver (#2914), Humbrol Silver (#11), and Tamiya Chrome Silver (X11) are the best counterparts more commonly available here in the States.

There's a handy paint conversion chart available here:
http://www.paint4models.com/index.html
Ecto-1 fan liked this
Jolly RogerVF84 wrote:Oh really Revell colors aren't available in the States?

Yeah, maybe use Testors, Humbrol or Tamiya instead. I also use Humbrol and Tamiya for my models.
I don't know all the reasons, but here's what I found on Revell's web site:

http://www.revell.com/support/paint-guide.html
In every Revell of Germany kit painting directions are provided for the building of the model. These directions reference the line of hobby paints sold by Revell of Germany in Europe. However, these paints are not imported into North America and are not available. So in an effort to help model builders in North America, the chart below provides comparable paints more readily available. It lists the 3 most popular brands found in local stores. While many have a different name than the Revell Germany color, the actual colors have been matched as closely as possible. Please note the RAL number references the Official German Military Color system similar to the USA Federal Standards guide used by the American military.
Krenzy wrote:I don't believe you'll be able to activate the Cross the Streams feature with one gun and a mirror, as it appears there's a transmitter and a receiver (one in the grip, one in the gun ear). If it's an IR transmission I'd like someone with one to test out using a TV remote control aimed at the front grip to see if it triggers it.
Surprise surprise, I've just been able to activate the cross the streams effects in front of a mirror. The lights flashed white and the yellow leds moved in a new pattern (from center of the meter, one light up another down and back to the center again, I believe). I noticed no great difference in shaking. The wand then stopped firing by itself.

I had the wand on the high setting, very close to the mirror, and I rotated the wand fast while "shooting" so that each "emitter" faced the mirror. It worked..... BUT I have since been trying to do it again and been unable to replicate it.

It can be done... but I don't know why.

*EDIT*

I've been able to replicate it twice. It does not always work.
ProtonPack83 liked this
Jolly RogerVF84 wrote:In the front of the wand are two LEDs I guess and a hole at the very end of the handle. Are these things for a "future" proton pack or for the cross the stream thing?

I watched the official vid about this thing and the guy said the plug back there definitely is for a proton pack if or, hopefully, they release one.
Jolly RogerVF84 wrote:That would be great, if they release packs in the future to use the plug then. :D

The only thing I am waiting for right now is a non Ghostbusters replica: the Flux Capacitor. ;)
Trust me, I've been praying for a Proton pack release myself. Until then, I'm making plans to build one.
I don't know how to build one, I am just happy that I can glue 1:72 scale jets together. lol

But I guess, because of the size and the technique, it will become expensive. Or it comes in pieces, that one can put the parts together, so it should be cheaper for everybody. ;)
Jolly RogerVF84 wrote:I don't know how to build one, I am just happy that I can glue 1:72 scale jets together. lol

But I guess, because of the size and the technique, it will become expensive. Or it comes in pieces, that one can put the parts together, so it should be cheaper for everybody. ;)

watched a few vids about it, it comes fully assembled.
kurisu7885 wrote:
Jolly RogerVF84 wrote:In the front of the wand are two LEDs I guess and a hole at the very end of the handle. Are these things for a "future" proton pack or for the cross the stream thing?

I watched the official vid about this thing and the guy said the plug back there definitely is for a proton pack if or, hopefully, they release one.
Yeah I'm curious about those as well. It seemed odd to me that some clear covers were put over them and I see the second light. I hope that's a good indication it's indeed for Proton Pack worthy features. Nothing would drum up more excitement than if they made this thing backwards compatible in such a way that it actually had a hidden feature only activated by the Proton Pack being plugged in.

Either way, no one answered you on if it was for the cross the streams. Does anyone actually know?
ProtonPack83 wrote:
Yeah I'm curious about those as well. It seemed odd to me that some clear covers were put over them and I see the second light. I hope that's a good indication it's indeed for Proton Pack worthy features. Nothing would drum up more excitement than if they made this thing backwards compatible in such a way that it actually had a hidden feature only activated by the Proton Pack being plugged in.

Either way, no one answered you on if it was for the cross the streams. Does anyone actually know?
If you mean that little window near the tip, yeha, it' a sensor for when you "cross" with another wand.
kurisu7885 wrote:
ProtonPack83 wrote:

If you mean that little window near the tip, yeha, it' a sensor for when you "cross" with another wand.
Aha, I gotcha, that makes perfect sense. Does it ever light up? I know the vibrating mechanism really goes wild and it incites a slightly different color and light sequence within the wand tip, but I was just curious if those sensors lit up themselves or if they are simply just sensors. Thanks for the info!
ProtonPack83 wrote:
Aha, I gotcha, that makes perfect sense. Does it ever light up? I know the vibrating mechanism really goes wild and it incites a slightly different color and light sequence within the wand tip, but I was just curious if those sensors lit up themselves or if they are simply just sensors. Thanks for the info!
Most likely not, since it's the same kind of sensor as in a TV remote, and those don't light up.
ProtonPack83 wrote:
kurisu7885 wrote:[Either way, no one answered you on if it was for the cross the streams. Does anyone actually know?
Someone already replied to it that these are the ir sensors for the crossing the stream feature. :)

Sadly I have only one neutrino wand and none of my friends collect movie prop replicas. So I will never see that feature in real.

Last weekend was a Fedcon here in Dusseldorf, Germany. Never knew there was one, the biggest in Europe. But I guess, I will never see Ghostbusters fans there, only science fiction like Star Trek, Star Wars..... I am also a fan of these btw. ;)
Jolly RogerVF84 wrote:
Someone already replied to it that these are the ir sensors for the crossing the stream feature. :)

Sadly I have only one neutrino wand and none of my friends collect movie prop replicas. So I will never see that feature in real.

Last weekend was a Fedcon here in Dusseldorf, Germany. Never knew there was one, the biggest in Europe. But I guess, I will never see Ghostbusters fans there, only science fiction like Star Trek, Star Wars..... I am also a fan of these btw. ;)
Same issues here, the wands are expensive and I don't know anyone else in my area who owns one, much less anyone who uses it on a pack. Definitely an expensive feature to see.
I know that the plug at the end of the handle is supposedly meant to help it plug into a proton pack in the future, but I know people have been working these into their own builds. That's what I plan to do when I get mine, but I was just wondering if anyone has any pointers on how to do something like that?
No worries as these thing take time.

I could not afford a vacform or fiberglass shell so I had to scratch build my own pack. I think stuff like 3D printing is actually making it easier to make your own Pack. I was lucky to get one of the Matty Wands when they came out and I now have it attached to my pack. I wired up the sounds from the wand to an amplifier in my pack for louder sounds.

I am not familiar with Viking Props or any other suppliers out there so I had to do a bit of googling. Their past product supplied to people do not seem to be of the best quality. Hopefully yours is better.

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]