The Delorean in the UK was about £35 if I remember right. The ecto will have a couple of extra figures and we a bit taller so I reckon it will be £40-£50.

I don't see them making the firehouse, this will likely be a one off item unless it sells really well like the Minecraft lego did (an early Cuusso project)

Lego do a range of buildings know as the modular series. Nice retailed old style buildings. These range from £100 - £150. Something like that would suit it well. Of course there is the licensing fee. The new simpsons house is £180. Of course all of those come with figures and some of them include veihcles.

There was the Batman Arkham Asylum, which was £130. Didn't have much to the actual building really. Was just the front of the building with some stuff going on behind it, but did include a van. Maybe that could be a cheaper option. But again, I don't see it happening sadly.

I do hope they make it so you can change between the two different version, like they did with the Delorean. It makes good business sense as for the minimal cost of a few extra brick and stickers, some people will end up buying extra sets, which is probably why they did it with the BTTF set.

I am very excited about this, bit of a Lego collector and this is the set i've always wanted!!!
By SPJ
dafoerder wrote:Can someone explain the lego cusco thing . Is it only u.s. or is it sold worldwide like the other lego stuff. Is it sold in regular stores or only via internet?

Good question. I dunno. Thoughts anyone?
By AJ Quick
dafoerder wrote:Can someone explain the lego cusco thing . Is it only u.s. or is it sold worldwide like the other lego stuff. Is it sold in regular stores or only via internet?
The projects that are selected are typically sold through special retailers only. They typically don't get picked up by major Brick and Mortar retailers like Target or Wal-Mart, unless extremely popular.

There is a VERY good possibility that GBFans will be one of the retailers carrying the LEGO set.
There should be retailers on both sides of the pond who'll pick these up, I can say I've held one of these sets in my hands and it was at a smaller-scale retailer than, say, Toys-R-Us (that isn't a guarantee that TRU would carry it, but you can always check).
By MagicMan666
It's a site where people submit ideas for Lego sets. These ideas are then voted on by other members of the website (like Kickstarter I guess) Once a project reaches 10,000 votes it goes in to the next review, which happens 3 times a year.

Lego then look at the project and decide if it is something they want to make. Several things can stop them making a set. A Shaun of the Dead set was one of the first to get voted to the top but it was to adult for them to make. another reason is if new molded parts a required, a definate no and the reason one of the Zelda sets was knocked back. Also licensing can be a problem.

One rule is that you can't submit an ideas as a series anymore, only one of projects. Minecraft got an extra set as it sold extremely well so there is always a chance of other stuff happening with Ghostbusters.

With regards to where they get sold, I can only speak for UK but Lego Shops always stock them and of course the Lego website. There are plenty of their shops around. I have not seen them anywhere else other than on ebay where people tend to charge loads more.
I hope we can get additional sets, but the only way that will even have a chance is if the ecto sells phenomenally. I agree it should be similar to the deloreon in that you can switch between ecto-1 and 1a, wouldn't be that difficult, different bumper, roof rack, and license plate? I'm a pretty avid Lego fan/builder and one of the things I know about the cuusoo projects and Lego in general is that they try and avoid new piece molds at all costs, which is why I'm anxious to see whether or not they bite the bullet and make packs/wands. If not we always have the stellar BrickForge one's by board member Armothe.
Any news on the release of this yet? Wasn't it supposed to be released around May/June?
LEGO June PDF Calendar!!! Just click it, and it should download... June 1st!!! =D

Any word on pre-orders to be up here, AJ?
I like the car as it was submitted. Loved the chrome pieces.
Anybody have an idea where to pre-order this/purchase it? It's scheduled to release June 1st, and it's already almost the end of the month... Tried to Google it, but no luck... Mostly news clips and reviews...
pyhasanon wrote:Anybody have an idea where to pre-order this/purchase it? It's scheduled to release June 1st, and it's already almost the end of the month... Tried to Google it, but no luck... Mostly news clips and reviews...
Well the obvious answer would be http://shop.lego.com;) Lego don't do pre-ordering though, we'll just have to wait a couple of weeks more.
Lucky for me I walk right past a Lego store on my way to work, so I will be grabbing a pair of Ectos ASAP.
Popped into a Lego store over here in the UK today and they said they don;t have an exact date but it's due July/August time, so looks like America is getting it couple of months ahead. Strange as the Delorean hits both countries at pretty much the same time. Hoping the sales guy was wrong.
MagicMan666 wrote:Popped into a Lego store over here in the UK today and they said they don;t have an exact date but it's due July/August time, so looks like America is getting it couple of months ahead. Strange as the Delorean hits both countries at pretty much the same time. Hoping the sales guy was wrong.
That doesn't sound right. I popped into my local Toys-UK last Wednesday and they said they had about 40+ of them in the stock room waiting to go on display, and that their intended display date would be June 1st.

I think the folks at that Lego store aren't clued in very well.
Lego tend to keep things secret until they officially announce them. I've often asked staff when a set will be released, to be told "I'm not sure, next month I think", then walked past the next day to see it on display in the window. I've also been told a set will be available "next week", then not seen it for three weeks.
It's anoying because you know they have them sitting in the stock room out back, but they aren't allowed to sell them yet.

Now that we at SAGB have actually got through our […]

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal el[…]

I have not heard of this. On the Matty PKE, if the[…]

Hard to tell if it’s an actual black fligh[…]