Sony has just released this official trailer for the new Ghostbusters Blu-ray release! The trailer confirms that alternative takes and deleted scenes (including those from Ghostbusters 2) will be included in the set!

You can pre-order your Ghostbusters Blu-ray directly from Ghostbusters Fans.

http://www.gbfans.com/shop/blu-ray/
Disappointed Reitman and Aykroyd didn't just do a commentary for GB II instead sitting down to chat about it. Hopefully they wont just reminisce for five minutes and belittle it. What little we see looks promising and thank goodness we get Louis' Slimer hunting scene! Always had a feeling they would dig that up from the archives. Only thing better than that would be Ray's possessed Ecto-1A driving scene.

Anyone know if this is strictly a Blu-ray only release and not a dual DVD release?
Dan AKA wrote:It looks like they had more of that slimer and Louis scene done than I thought! Very exciting!
The GB2 Cinefex article mentions that all of the Slimer FX scenes were completed. Fingers crossed they're all on the BR!
DocLathropBrown wrote:The Louis/Slimer scene looked unpolished.

The effects may be done, but the final blending/polish looks undone.
I was thinking the same. Especially compared to the other shots. The glow isn't there and the color timing looks off. I can't wait to see the shot, though. I even think seeing a rough version is even more interesting than the finished, polished shot.

Finally I can retire my 1999 DVD Editions. I refused to buy the 1st film on Blu Ray until the 2nd film was released as well, I knew that when the 2nd one was released the 1st one would get a new edition. So this was worth the wait, I've got the Digibook on Pre Order on Amazon. It would be nice if an Ultra Violet copy of the films would be included as well.
AJ Quick wrote:
JA Slow wrote:Anyone know if this is strictly a Blu-ray only release and not a dual DVD release?
I don't think they're going to do any more DVD releases of Ghostbusters.

While i acknowledge you are def more in the know than I.... never underestimate Hollywood's ability to try to bleed every last cent out the public.. I may not know as much as you,, but I know human greed pretty damn well lol
so alternate takes means the TV edits?

also what about the criterion scenes?
Another reason I've held onto my 1999 Editions is that the newer editions of the films don't include the Theatrical Trailers. If the Blu Rays don't include the Trailers, then I'll probably still hold onto my 1999 Editions if only for that reason.

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]