Hey all! Well.. The trap is a dice tray. I made a few "dice traps" and sent two to cryptozoic. Looks like mataio brought his to gencon. Sorry to confuse some people about possible "new" stuff.. I made it for them to thank them and I figured they could use some pimp props at their demo tables. We are a great community of prop builders so I figured I would spread the love.
I was able to demo out the game with my little brother and two others that I never met before, the game is fairly easy to learn or at least the demo was, and fun as well I was playing Ray, and basically until weonly had Slimer left to bust all I was doing was cleaning slime off the others but it was still a blast, the funny thing to me was my brother who was playing Egon hardly ever missed a shot at a ghost. In any case I can not wait for this game with all the add ons to arrive to my doorstep, now just to find someone to commision for painting these things to really make the game pop even more.

Also I too would be interested in a trap dice tray or 2 or 3 if one was made available for sale.
Some pictures I took at GenCon:
This Post Contains Spoilers
Some experts stop by to give Cryptozoic some pointers :lol:
And the best picture I could get of Mitleid's roller box. One of the two sides of the demo table was using it, but unfortunately I wasn't at that side. So the picture is a little pixelated because it's a zoomed shot. It's a lot cooler in person.
Didn't notice that, must have scanned over it! I wonder how they came up with the name...
The name was created by Tristan Jones for the IDW comics. Check out the trivia for page 22 here:

http://ghostbusters.wikia.com/wiki/IDW_ ... tbusters_4

Edit: Found more info. The name is a play on Ryan French, the guy they modeled the Rookie after in the realistic (non-Wii) versions of the game. http://ghostbusters.wikia.com/wiki/Rookie
Jimm wrote:The name was created by Tristan Jones for the IDW comics. Check out the trivia for page 22 here:

http://ghostbusters.wikia.com/wiki/IDW_ ... tbusters_4

Edit: Found more info. The name is a play on Ryan French, the guy they modeled the Rookie after in the realistic (non-Wii) versions of the game. http://ghostbusters.wikia.com/wiki/Rookie
I can dig that. :)
Fritz wrote:Some pictures I took at GenCon:
Hey Fritz!

Guess I missed your post on these. Having been up close and personal to the Board Game, are the Figures roughly in scale with 28mm?

I ordered a set of "Greys" to paint, how was the detail on them as they look a little soft in your pictures?
CaptCyan wrote:Hey Fritz!

Guess I missed your post on these. Having been up close and personal to the Board Game, are the Figures roughly in scale with 28mm?

I ordered a set of "Greys" to paint, how was the detail on them as they look a little soft in your pictures?
I'm not completely sure, as I didn't have any 28mm figures there, but I think they look a little bigger. As for detail, well, I think they are a little "soft" compare to the metal 28mm figures. Take all of that with some big grains of salt though.
CaptCyan liked this
Just retail version with upgraded components (big puft, ecto mini, etc ) I think this is cryptozoics first miniatures board game. They needed to keep it self sufficient and standalone so stores would be more likely to make room for it on the shelf. However, they have hinted at another potential campaign and new content..
Cryptozoic is offering retailers an exclusive kit in support of a Halloween launch party for Ghostbusters: The Board Game. The kit includes promotional card packs and an exclusive scenario game card. The launch party event for retail stores will coincide with retail release of the game. The kit includes 25 exclusive patches, 25 limited edition trading card packs, and promotional materials to showcase the launch party. The patches and cards are incentives for all attendees, and 6 copies of an exclusive scenario game card are available to give to customers who purchase a copy of the game. The kits are exclusive to brick-and-mortar retailers, who may purchase the kit when they purchase 6 copies of the game from their distributors.
Crytopzoic cleared up some things in light of the retailer kit news
1. Ghostbusters: The Board Game Kickstarter Backers will receive your games first before retail sales or launch party.

2. The October 30th launch party date is not confirmed, the date may move into November based on delivery timing of the games.

3. Most importantly: ANY retail game store can host a launch party. If you want to see a launch party hosted at your local store, tell your retailer to order the kit from their distributor. The program is open to any retailer who orders games; however, there are limited quantities of kits available.
So it sounds like Kickstarter Backers may start getting their orders after mid-October.

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]

And, lastly, for now, the video that prompted me t[…]

At some point, probably just better off opening up[…]

Spengler/84 wand Gun Track

So...I had more than a little problem with dis[…]