joeghostbuster wrote:Cryptozoic rolling out some new merch! the sculpts look awesome (though the busters themselves are hard to see at this angle), it will probably be a blind pack type deal like every vinyl mini figure these days

Hey Joe!

A few shots I took of the Display during my NYComicCon visit.

joeghostbuster liked this
SlimeGuy wrote:Thanks Capt! I'm cleaning up my drool at the moment. Soon you'll have a whole new group of Rookie-Painters to mentor. Excited? ;)
Damn skippy I am.

I'm gearing up to do a tutorial on painting the Crooked Dice 28mm "Paranormal Exterminators" here:

http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... 37&t=37734

I purchased a set of the Crypto "Greys" to paint up, so I might as well tag them to the Tutorial as well.
Busterchris wrote:Sorry for the noob question but I assume that the grey figures and the White staypuft can be/are meant to be painted by us?
Not a bad question.

The "Greys" were made by Cryptozoic specifically for those who wished to make a painted set without having to touch the Multi Colored Game Pawns. They're made from the same material so you could paint the whole set if you wanted.
SlimeGuy wrote:Thanks Capt! I'm cleaning up my drool at the moment. Soon you'll have a whole new group of Rookie-Painters to mentor. Excited? ;)

I agree! I am definitely going to be looking for tips and tricks and following your tutorials! Your minis always look fantastic!!
Skyknight wrote:Ghosts look great, but some of the Busters not!
I think Ray's face looks like Mr. Potatohead!
Why did they do that to him?
That's a bit harsh.

Unfortunately at the scale of the game pieces, some concessions have to be made.
JayTigran liked this
Kingpin wrote:
Skyknight wrote:Ghosts look great, but some of the Busters not!
I think Ray's face looks like Mr. Potatohead!
Why did they do that to him?
That's a bit harsh.

Unfortunately at the scale of the game pieces, some concessions have to be made.
Harsh? I just say how it is. Look at this picture:
His face has no details at all. You only know it's him, because he's wearing the googles. It looks like a potato with googles!

And I don't think it's a matter of scale because you can clearly see more details on Venkman's face:
On this, everybody who knows Ghostbusters can tell it's Pete V.
How could they make two figs of the exact same scale with that much difference in details?
If all GB looked as detailed and recognizable as Venkman, I wouldn't have a problem with it!
First off, calm down.

second off, calm down.

Third off... in person, it looks fine. I saw these in person at NYCC and they look great. What we have here is an issue of lighting and that yellow they used for the plastic. The details are getting washed out in the picture.
zeta otaku wrote:First off, calm down.

second off, calm down.

Third off... in person, it looks fine. I saw these in person at NYCC and they look great. What we have here is an issue of lighting and that yellow they used for the plastic. The details are getting washed out in the picture.
Yeah, I saw them in person at GenCon, and I gotta agree with zeta otaku. They look great.
JayTigran liked this
Shipping update!
Shh. Do you smell something?

The boat has finally made its way across the ocean and has docked today! Yay! (Cheech Marin may or may not have been involved... Okay, he wasn't.)

Customs still needs to be cleared but we are estimating the games to arrive at our fulfillment partner, Ship Naked, by 10/23. Once the games arrive the fulfillment center will begin fulfilling orders and nakedly shipping them out the last week of October. Due to the large variety of packages, it may take some time to send out all games, but both Ship Naked and Cryptozoic are confident that shipping will begin in October. Ship Naked will be sending emails with information regarding your individual packages and tracking numbers, if applicable. Couriers will vary by region depending on accessibility and other factors. We anticipate backers will begin to receive packages in the beginning of November.

We have given a release date for the retail version to be November 11th. We expect backers to have their games before then and wanted to be sure that you were the first to know.

Get ready to strap on those proton packs, the games are so close Ray can feel it!

-Sara
So backers will should get their copie(s) last week of October/early November and mainstream retail release is November 11.
Skyknight wrote:I think I won't believe it before I can see it in person!
But I'll try to get one anyway, so if someone has extras and wants to get rid of one let me know.(but I'm not going to pay ebay prices)
Or... now bare with me here, just wait for people to get the game and take better pictures.
I'm really tempted to preorder the retail version from a german game store and search for the exclusive figs on ebay later. That might be cheaper than the overpriced complete sets that will appear on ebay sooner or later, but also comes with the high risk that I won't find all the things I want or not find anything at all, because of ppl only selling complete sets and not single figures or small figure sets.

But I figured I might find at least some primered "New Ghostbusters + Rookie" and the "Baddie Packs" as those were available as add ons and I think many ppl got 2-3 of those with intentions to sell them later.
Anyone thinks this is a viable option for someone who just wants to have all playable characters and more bosses?
Shipping update.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cz ... ts/1399452

1) Ship Naked is planning to begin shipping as early as this coming week

2) They will provide Cryptozoic weekly updates

3) You will receive a shipping notification when your package is picked up by the folks who will be delivering it to you. Shipment notifications will be arriving to the email you provided when you completed the survey

And a neat FYI
Just so you know, there are 1040 DIFFERENT builds for this campaign. That means there are 1040 different ways Ghostbusters: The Board Game was ordered. There are a lot of different pieces to this campaign, and Ship Naked has been doing a great job organizing everything all while making sure product isn’t damaged.
That's a lot of builds.
zeta otaku liked this
Cryptozoic posted a recap of a special event from last week on October 28. They randomly selected a backer and flew him to company headquarters all expenses paid. Jeff Briggs was picked up in Ecto-1 and taken to headquarters where he got a tour, got to open his copy, played the game, and ate Chinese takeout.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cz ... ts/1402352
German store Fantasywelt.de! Was on preorder status when I ordered last friday, but did not expect to get it before Nov 11.
Surprisingly they sent me a tracking number yesterday evening and it arrived today around noon!

Oh, another thing - this was made mostly out of sc[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

Is anybody making Slime Blowers that would fit the[…]

Beautiful!! I'm getting this even if finances don[…]

Super helpful thanks. I will read properly when […]