mrmichaelt wrote:Ellen Gold preview and Crypto will be at Gen Con August 4-7 in Indianapolis in Booth #501. Mataio Wilson will be there and a prototype of GB:TBG II will be there to try out.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cz ... ts/1642539
I hope to get some pictures, like I did for the original game last year
mrmichaelt, Alphagaia liked this
Fritz wrote:
mrmichaelt wrote:Ellen Gold preview and Crypto will be at Gen Con August 4-7 in Indianapolis in Booth #501. Mataio Wilson will be there and a prototype of GB:TBG II will be there to try out.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cz ... ts/1642539
I hope to get some pictures, like I did for the original game last year
Well, here's what I got. The demo game wasn't as "finished" as last year's--the minis were replaced with paper token "stand-ins". Probably the best picture I got was a close up of the new Egon Spengler character card:

Egon in a Slime Blower still just doesn't look right to me :lol:
mrmichaelt liked this
Fritz wrote:Well, here's what I got. The demo game wasn't as "finished" as last year's--the minis were replaced with paper token "stand-ins". Probably the best picture I got was a close up of the new Egon Spengler character card
Great pics, Fritz. Did you get a chance to talk to Mataio or any of the other Cryptos?
mrmichaelt wrote:
Fritz wrote:Well, here's what I got. The demo game wasn't as "finished" as last year's--the minis were replaced with paper token "stand-ins". Probably the best picture I got was a close up of the new Egon Spengler character card
Great pics, Fritz. Did you get a chance to talk to Mataio or any of the other Cryptos?
Mataio a little bit, but not extensively--he was running the demo and thus very busy.
It seems the GB boardgames that got bought alongside the new game are lost in the mail or something. That sucks.

They mention it in the latest Update they are looking into it to see what went wrong, but at least I learned two things from this:

- we are getting the original boardgame before the second one is shipped
-it's affected only the fans ordering it from Europe.
Boy I hope they give his model and art another pass. I can almost forgive the derp-y looking face sculpt, if they can just make his pack and pistol accurate looking.
I doubt they will do anything. I've been commenting and just getting ignored by them. If more of us speak up maybe they'll do something but that is just a horrible screw up.
Having played the original boardgame a few times now: and I'm sorry to say so far it seems not very challenging and I'm even a bit disappointed by the gameplay. It does not feel very deep.

Is it true for every scenario the ghost do nothing unless attacked? They just stand there? The only ghost so far doing something are the bosses. What's stopping me from just closing the gates and ignoring the ghosts? I have ample time doing so.
Yes and no. The basic scenarios are pretty easy in that regard but as you get into the other, more advanced scenarios new mechanics start to come up that will make certain ghosts more or less active.
Alphagaia liked this
Yeah, certain scenarios are designed to just teach you the basics of the game. That said, there are a couple... broken scenarios, but I'm not sure if they were included with the base game. If you run into one using the terror dogs, GOOD LUCK. From what I've gathered, that one is next to impossible without bending the rules. Also, pay attention the the ghost cards and read them before you play as some do attack after each turn or round. Class 1 and 2 ghosts are pretty tame. 3 and up start to really get interesting.

Also... fear failed rolls. I've had a few games where I rolled nothing but 1s the entire time. Great if you're Egon and get XP for that... terrible if you're Ray and actually NEED to get XP by trapping ghosts =_=
Alphagaia liked this
Yeah, I've read the math breakdown on winning the Terror Dog scenario and it literally requires rolling perfectly for the first 5-6 rounds just to set things up for a win.
Oh, are your dice cursed too? My CZE glow in the dark dice all seem to favor 1's, it's frustrating to say the least. There's also things like in Idulnas Scenario #2, where all ghosts on the map are moving towards the Ecto in the center and you have to protect things, while simultaneously shutting gates and taking out the named Ghost. So I would argue that there's a fair amount of variety with the scenarios, but obviously your variety is limited if you don't have the Kickstarter edition.
Heh, I have the glow in the dark versions too... and I'm convinced out of the 8 dice, only 3 are balanced :D The thing I'm looking forward to most from the new game is the dice tower. lol

Alpha, if you think you need to spice things up a bit, I have a few Impossible mode versions of a few of the ghosts. I could give you the additional info on those if you think it'll add more of a challenge for your games (they're typically the same as the standard versions with a twist).
Alphagaia liked this
Yeah! That and the art sold me on the dice tower addon.

Alphagia, there's also Cryptozoic's forum, and a semi-official Facebook group that both have custom content. It's player written, so of course how well designed it is can be hit-or-miss, but it's extra content!
Alphagaia liked this
Thanks for the support and tips guys.

I'm a bit miffed the standalone game is so low on challenging/varying content (and the ghosts could have been better color coded) but because of the possiblities of custom content I decided to give this game the benefit of the doubt. The second boardgame should add more variety as well.
Meanwhile, I shall check out the extra content and hope my game experience improves because of it!
They posted an update today saying if you haven't gotten them to send them a message or open a ticket on their page or something like that.

They finally responded to me about Roland and they are looking into it. I doubt that will come of anything unless more people speak up with their dissatisfaction so I recommend people be more vocal on their comments on Kickstarter.

They also just update a preview of Kylie. No pack on her it looks like. I'm really loosing all hope they know what they are doing over there.
Woah. Like, Holy crap. Am I the only one who felt like Kylie's kinda OP after reading through her abilities? Especially compared to like Garrett whose abilities are all just move moar, she gets to deposit without the Ecto, rifle through the Event deck, Name an Equipment type and take the next FOUR equipment cards of that type, And a +2 against resistance rolls to top it all off. C'mon guys, I love the character too but that's a LOT of stuff she covers.

Jay: I'm kinda hoping it's on her back like she's drawn in the cartoon but I'm not holding my breath :/

And, lastly, for now, the video that prompted me t[…]

At some point, probably just better off opening up[…]

Spengler/84 wand Gun Track

So...I had more than a little problem with dis[…]

Preview for #2 on DH's page. https://www.darkhors[…]