Just unveiled at San Diego Comic Con! Diamond Select Toys has previewed more figures from their Ghostbusters "Select" figure line. Seven new figures were shown to join the three that were previously shown at Toy Fair. The new figures are:

-Gozer the Gozerian
-Zuul / Dana Barrett
-Janine Melnitz
-Peter Venkman
-Walter Peck
-Terror Dog
-Slimer (not pictured)

These figures join Ray Stantz, Winston Zeddemore and Louis Tully from Series 1, available here. There will be twelve figures in the set, so we're still waiting to hear on the remaining two! This marks the first time there has been a movie style Janine Melnitz figure, and only the second time a Gozer the Gozerian figure has been produced.

Photos by Ghostbusters of Southern California.
Kingpin liked this
joeghostbuster wrote:2 figures left, one of them is obviously Egon... wonder who the 12th is ?
My first thought was "the other Terror Dog," but it looks like the one figure has interchangeable horns, so that works for me.

I'm hoping for the library ghost, I think.

EDIT: Looks like the Slimer figure (not just the pizza cutter) is partially visible in a couple pictures: here and here.
I'm so pumped for these figures! They look fantastic. I really can't wait to see the diorama too.

Looks like the figures are:
- Ray
- Peter
- Winston
- Egon
- Janine
- Zuul/Dana Barrett
- Vinz Clortho/Louis Tully
- Walter Peck
- Slimer
- Gozer
- Terror Dog (either as one figure with interchangeable horns, in which case there is one more unreleased figure... or as separate figures, and that's the whole line-up)

Kinda weird that they don't have an Egon out for display. The Slimer looks good in the other photos I've seen though. He comes with 3 different heads you can change out.
They all look good in my opinion. Oddly I'm most excited about Slimer I love the interchangeable heads. I know after a while we will start seeing a lot of Pecks and Janine sitting on the shelves collecting dusk, causal fans won't buy those for the most part. I'm really looking forward to seeing these in person.
I think if we get some good set pieces with Peck and Janine, fans will pick them up. The nice thing about DST figures is that they typically come with a bunch of accessories. When all is said and done we could have a nice diorama in the firehouse involving Peck, Janine, and Louis.
I must be crazy and out of my mind. Completely unbiased b/c I don't appreciate Mattel's ways, but - they're likenesses, to me, are still better on all the busters. Again, to me, Winston doesn't look like Ernie and Peter doesn't look like Bill, nor on the Hollywood Collectible version either. Like I said, I must be crazy and out of my mind to most of you, but for me Matty still has the best likeness on the busters. I dig what DST is doing and I wish all fellow collectors nothing but happiness on their DST purchases.
BigTime72 wrote:I think if we get some good set pieces with Peck and Janine, fans will pick them up. The nice thing about DST figures is that they typically come with a bunch of accessories. When all is said and done we could have a nice diorama in the firehouse involving Peck, Janine, and Louis.
That may be true, outside minimizes I've not collected, so thats a cool little nugget i wasn't aware of and am now looking forward to these accessories.

I think Mattel had some very good likeness, some better than others, I feel most will agree the DST Ray looks better than the Matty Collector version. I feel Matty's Zuul is better that the ones that was revealed by DST yesterday. Still haven't seen a super closeup on Janine so I'm holding off option fully till then.
slaysghosts wrote:I must be crazy and out of my mind. Completely unbiased b/c I don't appreciate Mattel's ways, but - they're likenesses, to me, are still better on all the busters. Again, to me, Winston doesn't look like Ernie and Peter doesn't look like Bill, nor on the Hollywood Collectible version either. Like I said, I must be crazy and out of my mind to most of you, but for me Matty still has the best likeness on the busters. I dig what DST is doing and I wish all fellow collectors nothing but happiness on their DST purchases.
Actually I agree with you.... Venkman looks off, to me, and so does Winston. The Ghostbusters themselves don't look good enough for me to buy figures of them (again). I like some of the other figures though.

Maybe not the thread for this, but I wish someone would do some figures of some of the ghost villains from the cartoon, the Boogeyman and Samhain and so on. Be a nice change though I know the sales numbers would be pretty low.
BigTime72 wrote:I think if we get some good set pieces with Peck and Janine, fans will pick them up. The nice thing about DST figures is that they typically come with a bunch of accessories. When all is said and done we could have a nice diorama in the firehouse involving Peck, Janine, and Louis.

I like the boxes of "petty cash" sitting behind the figure. I hope Janine comes with a phone and the bell.

DST's Gotham figures have pretty nice set pieces. Nygma's got a whole desk.
Still waiting to see the Gozer Temple diorama that comes in pieces with each figure. Wonder if getting that whole set-up means sacrificing some other character specific accessories
windycitywarrior71 wrote:They all look good in my opinion. Oddly I'm most excited about Slimer I love the interchangeable heads. I know after a while we will start seeing a lot of Pecks and Janine sitting on the shelves collecting dusk, causal fans won't buy those for the most part. I'm really looking forward to seeing these in person.
What are these "casual fans" you speak of?
    The Video Game Lifegard

Chris Hunt in the Facebook Group 3D Printed Ghostb[…]

We're bringing you the latest updates to the GBFan[…]

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]