By Ryusui
I'm not exactly sold on this movie yet, but I do plan to see it when it's released because overall, I like the idea of something Ghostbusters being back on the big screen. But this "teaser for a trailer" crap is just...well, crap. Especially since the first actual trailer will only be preceding the movie by little more than 4 months.
Smeghead, tito liked this
By Dr.D
Very odd choice of premier footage for this movie. I get that this is just a very short teaser, but you'd think they'd at least show the leads. Also very peculiar is the tone of this footage...feels very generic action movie and not at all comedy. They're trying to show off the epic scale which it does...but Ghostbusters is first and foremost a comedy franchise. Given how long it has taken for them to release any footage at all, which is in itself strange given most tentpole movies get trailers up to a year in advance of release, it is really weird they chose to show a ton of extras running. While I am convinced this footage will be paid off with a joke in the full trailer, this seems a bit like a stumble.
Smeghead liked this
By kevinj319
UticaGb wrote:When I heard the notes at the end I was waiting for a raptor to pop his head up. Screamed jurassic world to me
Funny you should say that:

But this is the one that makes me laugh:
Last edited by Kingpin on February 15th, 2016, 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Fixed youtube coding
Ryusui liked this
By gold333
deadderek wrote:Ah yes the army and police...right before the big dance number.
...looks like he really did it.
By GuyX
Glad to see they at least shot the movie in 2.39:1 rather than the 1.85:1 mentioned on IMDb. But this footage looks more like Pixels 2 than a reboot of ghostbusters. Check out the likes to dislikes ratio on YouTube. More dislikes than likes. How rare is that? Insanely rare for a movie. Just shows how many people are against this project. All the pictures of the ladies dressed in GB's outfits looks like bad cosplay. A trailer not released until March for a flick coming out in July is a baad sign. Look at Suicide Squad. An August release and they've already go two trailers! They knew of the bad publicity and released a pretty great comic con trailer & reversed the negative buzz. Sony would do the same if they believed in the finished product.
By GuyX
fmvra1s wrote:It seems to be more of an homage to the original than I thought.
I'm not sure my definition of "homage" is the same as yours. Or are you being sarcastic?
rockstar232007 liked this
By Kingpin
GuyX wrote:Check out the likes to dislikes ratio on YouTube. More dislikes than likes. How rare is that? Insanely rare for a movie. Just shows how many people are against this project.
I haven't seen the likes versus dislike numbers, but if the trailer teaser has a resoundingly negative response when it hasn't really shown anything from the film, that might speak of a lot of people who've used the "dislike" having already made up their minds without having anything significant to go on - a knee-jerk reaction.
tito liked this
By Alphagaia
DarkSpectre wrote:Episode 8 already has a teaser of sorts out.
You have been placing this on various threads now. What is your point? It's all behind the scenes material taken from the previous movie, which is something GB16 cannot do as it's a reboot?

I'm fairly certain the original movie (which was completed and in theaters in around 9 months total) had a trailer out in January and was in theaters by June. GB16 is barely a month shorter on that.

But people looking to be biased are going to fabricate evidence out of thin air anyway.
tito liked this
Alphagaia wrote:It's all behind the scenes material taken from the previous movie
Nope, it's definitely from the new movie, as it shows the new director at the helm...
pyhasanon wrote:
Alphagaia wrote:It's all behind the scenes material taken from the previous movie
Nope, it's definitely from the new movie, as it shows the new director at the helm...
I just rewatched it, and you are right! There is a small chance he directed that last scene, but that's probably not the case. That will certainly teach me to post something at 02.00! :walterpeck:
Alphagaia wrote:I just rewatched it, and you are right! There is a small chance he directed that last scene, but that's probably not the case. That will certainly teach me to post something at 02.00! :walterpeck:
...or it could just mean they're posting their first filmed scene, and they wanted to share the occasion with fans? I believe we discussed already before and all agreed that we can't compare GB16 (or the popularity of GB in general) to Star Wars, so why is anybody even trying to make a comparison? Imagine if Feig did the same thing for GB16, it would probably still get flame sprayed by haters just like any announcement nowadays gets attacked...
Alphagaia liked this
By fmvra1s
GuyX wrote:
fmvra1s wrote:It seems to be more of an homage to the original than I thought.
I'm not sure my definition of "homage" is the same as yours. Or are you being sarcastic?
Definitely sarcasm.

What I saw didn't really impress me--it comes across as dull and bland.
By Dr.D
I really hate the fact that any criticism of this movie, any at all, is suddenly denounced as either being a fanboy or being sexist. I'm genuinely disturbed by the fact that people don't want to accept the fact that this movie could be bad regardless of who is in it. Another aspect of the trailer that seems like a bad sign is the fact that it comes across as a huge scale action movie. Feig is not a big action movie director, Spy included in that assessment. It doesn't matter that this clip is so short, what matters is they made the conscious decision to take the years of work dedicated to this film and decided "This is the first footage we're gonna go with". With social media being what it is, they knew this would be scrutinized by people and still felt confident in releasing it. Since when did any of us care about the scale of a Ghostbusters movie? I'm asking genuinely. Call me a fanboy all you like, but I wanted this movie to be good and so far everything from costumes to props has been uninspired and screams of "the same but different".

Sony wants to have its cake and eat it too. The fact of the matter is Sony was desperate to make a Ghostbusters movie and Feig is the one guy who said yes on the condition it be a reboot. This was a movie made on his terms because before her departure Amy Pascal knew Sony desperately needs IPs and they lost Spider-Man. So they gave Feig the sandbox and threw in a bunch of SNL alums to try and copy the original.

And if this dance number rumor is legitimate, you watch how many people get turned off by it.
fmvra1s, deadderek liked this
By fmvra1s
Dr.D wrote:I really hate the fact that any criticism of this movie, any at all, is suddenly denounced as either being a fanboy or being sexist. I'm genuinely disturbed by the fact that people don't want to accept the fact that this movie could be bad regardless of who is in it. Another aspect of the trailer that seems like a bad sign is the fact that it comes across as a huge scale action movie. Feig is not a big action movie director, Spy included in that assessment. It doesn't matter that this clip is so short, what matters is they made the conscious decision to take the years of work dedicated to this film and decided "This is the first footage we're gonna go with". With social media being what it is, they knew this would be scrutinized by people and still felt confident in releasing it. Since when did any of us care about the scale of a Ghostbusters movie? I'm asking genuinely. Call me a fanboy all you like, but I wanted this movie to be good and so far everything from costumes to props has been uninspired and screams of "the same but different".
I feel the same way. I am in my early 20s and was introduced to the franchise through EGB (as you can probably tell from my avatar). With that in mind, the idea of new GBs is not inherently bad to me. They could be any race, gender, demographic, etc. But instead we still have a smart one, a snarky one, a goofy one, and a token black one that does one-liners. The only real difference is that they are all female. So far, this reboot strikes me as a missed opportunity not only in that area, but in more generalized terms as well.

Considering the genesis of the original film, and how it was, in large part, a pastiche of/homage to old slapstick comedies from decades past, why couldn't they do that with the new Ghostbusters? Why even call it "Ghostbusters"? The basic concept is something that could be reimagined in a myriad of different ways.

The only silver lining of a cash grab like this is the release of peripheral franchise material on DVD. Maybe they'll press more RGB steelbooks or actually release EGB legally in the States.
gold333, deadderek liked this
By GuyX
Dr.D wrote:I really hate the fact that any criticism of this movie, any at all, is suddenly denounced as either being a fanboy or being sexist. I'm genuinely disturbed by the fact that people don't want to accept the fact that this movie could be bad regardless of who is in it. Another aspect of the trailer that seems like a bad sign is the fact that it comes across as a huge scale action movie. Feig is not a big action movie director, Spy included in that assessment. It doesn't matter that this clip is so short, what matters is they made the conscious decision to take the years of work dedicated to this film and decided "This is the first footage we're gonna go with". With social media being what it is, they knew this would be scrutinized by people and still felt confident in releasing it. Since when did any of us care about the scale of a Ghostbusters movie? I'm asking genuinely. Call me a fanboy all you like, but I wanted this movie to be good and so far everything from costumes to props has been uninspired and screams of "the same but different".

Sony wants to have its cake and eat it too. The fact of the matter is Sony was desperate to make a Ghostbusters movie and Feig is the one guy who said yes on the condition it be a reboot. This was a movie made on his terms because before her departure Amy Pascal knew Sony desperately needs IPs and they lost Spider-Man. So they gave Feig the sandbox and threw in a bunch of SNL alums to try and copy the original.

And if this dance number rumor is legitimate, you watch how many people get turned off by it.
This, this a thousand times this! Thank you! I'm tired of the sexist arguments. I loved EGB and Kylie was one of my fav characters. I loved Rey in the new Star Wars flick. But shoe horning an all female cast in a franchise reboot no one wants(except one or two people on this board) after 15 years of GB3 anticipation! I just can't even.. I'm a massive GB fan and we are finally getting a new movie, yet I could care less. I never in a thousand years thought this would be possible. I'm 28 years old and it makes me want to cry.
I know those 2 films and cartoons will always be there. But a Ghostbusters movie without Dan Aykroyd's beautiful exposition writing/delivery just won't be a ghostbusters movie.
deadderek liked this
By GuyX
Kingpin wrote:
GuyX wrote:Check out the likes to dislikes ratio on YouTube. More dislikes than likes. How rare is that? Insanely rare for a movie. Just shows how many people are against this project.
I haven't seen the likes versus dislike numbers, but if the trailer teaser has a resoundingly negative response when it hasn't really shown anything from the film, that might speak of a lot of people who've used the "dislike" having already made up their minds without having anything significant to go on - a knee-jerk reaction.
That's exactly what I said. It shows how many people are against this project. I have a funny feeling that when 3/3/16 comes around even the people who are looking forward to this movie will be singing a different tune. You know I never thought about it before but if this movie is as bad as the rumours suggest, it could kill the franchise if the box office numbers don't add up. Yikes. I really hope I'm wrong.
By pyhasanon
GuyX wrote:It could kill the franchise if the box office numbers don't add up.
Nothing can kill the franchise... Transformers and TMNT are doing just fine, and they can't go back and take away the older movies from us either...
By Dr.D
While saying this will kill the franchise is a bit of an overstatement, it won't do it any favors. Fans will keep it alive regardless of how good or bad this movie turns out. The real problem is that we have seen in multiple forms of media that there are good Ghostbusters stories to be told without rectonning everything and adding a gimmick. Yes I said it, gimmick. While it is unfortunate, this will always be know as "The one with all women". That doesn't mean it will be a bad movie, but it does highlight how pigeonholed this movie will be, no matter the quality. It is also unfortunate they are so desperate to capture the spirit of the original movie that they literally cast straight out of SNL as if to say "Hey most of the original cast were SNL people too, remember? There are so many talented comedic actresses outside of SNL, who have also been in films before, unlike some of the cast who haven't acted in a feature film. Their tone in the press doesn't help win people over either, as most of them have project an air of "well people are stupid and sexist that is the only reason they don't like what we are doing"

And let's look at Feig and his filmography. Nothing he has done is anything TONALLY close to Ghostbusters. While I won't go so far as to call Ghostbusters high-brow humor I will definitely say it is far from low-brow, which is the kind of humor Feig seems to like. Bridesmaids has a scene where a bunch of women literally crap themselves in the street. While I want to give the guy the benefit of the doubt, nothing I have seen so far gives me any reason to do that.

And this just applies to myself, but I can't stand how overtly excited people seem to be about these characters of which we know nothing about. Seeing tons of fan art of these characters just reminds me of Seth Rogen's character in Fanboys with the gigantic Jar Jar Tattoo on his back. It's okay to be excited for the movie, but don't act like these characters are already somehow classics.
deadderek liked this
Proton Props UK

Hey guys, I just wanted to give a quick update on […]

Ecto Containment Unit

First off awesome work!!! second of all where did […]

https://i.imgur.com/cMwtW9y.jpg Where do th[…]

Greetings from Montana

Hey and welcome