GuyX wrote:
Alphagaia wrote: Ivan was, I repeat was, again one more time, *WAS* against the idea. Obviously he went along with it. He's putting on a good face and promoting it. You are quoting two emails that went down AFTER the stuff I mention. Love how you quote the emails in which he supports the reboot but not the email where he is ticked off. Nicely done.
quotes from wikileaks

Ivan Reitman on March 19, 2014 to Amy Pascal: "CAA said you were out to Paul Feig. [...] I thought we were going to make the Etan Coen draft? And that I was producing the film? It sure feels weird to hear about this the day after I resign publicly from directing."
(they had forced Ivan out as a director, sent him suggestions for his statement in March 2014)

Amy Pascal on August 07, 2014: "we have offered over 3MM in producing fees and 9.33% GP to Ivan, Dan et al. "

Doug Belgrad on September 14, 2014: "[Ivan Reitman] thinks Paul's story should exist in a world where Ghostbuster events of the 80's are known."

Ivan Reitman on October 8, 2014: "This is not what we agreed on. I'm incredibly pissed."

This quote is also used in one of the trailer spoofs on youtube:

Doug Belgrad, on October 9, 2014: "The release played into all of [Ivan Reitmans] anxieties, that we are just shining him on about the brand, and that we are giving away too much power to Paul."

Ivan Reitman on November 11, 2014 "I'm concerned that we are approaching an impasse in our negotiations." [re: GB future]

Amy Pascal on November 14, 2014: "Close Ivan deal on gb"
Could you place your thoughts what each quote means according to you? It's almost midnight here, so I'll respond to your thoughts and my reasoning in the morning.

Also, quick side question: do you believe Ivan is a 1000% against the reboot at this very day just like Guyx?

Edit: you broke the quote tree above your post though. That's Guyx post, not mine.
By Sp9543
Russian Version. Some new footage and a few new jokes. Probably won't change many opinions though...
This Post Contains Spoilers
Last edited by Kingpin on March 8th, 2016, 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Added Youtube and spoiler codes
Alphagaia liked this
If you don't want to see anything from the rock concert scene, it'd be best to avoid the international trailer.

The good:
Getting to see some of Kevin's material
More of the Times Square sequence
One of the rock concert ghosts
Ecto-1's siren (I don't know if that'll be it in the film, but it was kinda amusing).

The bad:
Kevin's early concept for the team logo (at least, that's what I'm guessing).
Patty at the rock concert.

Observations/notes
Our first glimpse of the rock concert.
Possibly a snippet of the Ghostbusters meeting the mayor.
What may be the opening notes of the movie/trailer version of the theme during the Times Square sequence.
By J10kmn
Wow that trailer was pulled quickly. I feel like it would have made a better first impression if it had been the English one though even if it seems to be slapstick heavy. Definitely seems like a Paul Feig movie even in a different language lol
By Sp9543
Yeah, definitely looks slap-stick heavy, and I agree with Kingpin: the Concert and New Logo Design gags aren't the most cutting edge. It will be interesting to see if the Mighty 'Ol Internet's reaction will cause a change in advertising/marketing or perhaps even spur a re-shoot or two.

As of now, I'm still officially in the this will be good camp. But that concert joke... :sigh:
It might be too late for any more reshoots, the material could be excised, depending on how much it'd affect the scene it's in, but that might be the full extent of any further work that could be done.
By GuyX
Alphagaia wrote:
Jangonate wrote:It just makes so much sense, Alphagaia. Unfortunately it doesn't fit the narrative some of us want to have for this film and production. It's not enough to fail. It must be an epic fail. THAT doesn't make sense.

It looks like I shut them up though. They cannot waylay facts, especially now Guyx said he uses the leaks as his source of information as well. :-)
Haha nice try. I'm on mobile for the time being so I can't copy paste the emails I'm talking about. Once I get my comp back I'll give you the emails I'm referring to. way lay facts? You know Reitman was against the reboot. You know it. But all you've done is given out of context emails saying he's kissed and made up which is obvious since he's promoting the damn thing. If they are so happy with this reboot then why form Ghostcorp? Why make an animated film unconnected to the current reboot? Use your head man.
GuyX wrote:
Alphagaia wrote:

It looks like I shut them up though. They cannot waylay facts, especially now Guyx said he uses the leaks as his source of information as well. :-)
Haha nice try. I'm on mobile for the time being so I can't copy paste the emails I'm talking about. Once I get my comp back I'll give you the emails I'm referring to. way lay facts? You know Reitman was against the reboot. You know it. But all you've done is given out of context emails saying he's kissed and made up which is obvious since he's promoting the damn thing. If they are so happy with this reboot then why form Ghostcorp? Why make an animated film unconnected to the current reboot? Use your head man.
We actually don't have enough info to declare the animated film...unconnected.
Jangonate wrote:
GuyX wrote:
We actually don't have enough info to declare the animated film...unconnected.
Plus, even if it is unconnected, Sony never said the original movie does not exist anymore and no new stories could come out of it.
They still sell toys, comics, packs etc for it. So why not a new animated movie of the old universe?Or perhaps an animated series. Doubt if they can get the original cast to voice a series because of paychecks, but if they can I don't think Bill would be against that, so that makes it at least possible.
Though, yeah they need a voice for Egon if they go that route.... Not sure if I be happy or sad if I see him.
It's also entirely possible they connect both universes with this. We will gave to wait and see.

They always said GC was allowed to expand the universe. I hope they mean the old series gets some love as well, and I see no reason yet it should not.

Edit: I'll wait with my response on Ivan until you have made your case then.
GuyX wrote:If they are so happy with this reboot then why form Ghostcorp? Why make an animated film unconnected to the current reboot?
Easy answer - money...
Alphagaia, J10kmn liked this
By GuyX
pyhasanon wrote:
GuyX wrote:If they are so happy with this reboot then why form Ghostcorp? Why make an animated film unconnected to the current reboot?
Easy answer - money...
The timing of it is my point. Why wait until after the GB reboot has been greenlit? Of course they did it for money. I think they also did it to protect the franchise. One of the leaked Sony emails gave a breakdown on what percentage each of the main players get of merch profits and net gross thanks to the Mike Ovitz GB2 deal. So they were always going to get money even without Ghostcorp. They started Ghostcorp to be a Ghostbusters version of Lucasfilm. I remember reading somewhere that Ghostcorp would form a GB cannon of sorts ala Star Wars, Marvel and Star Trek. I wish I could remember my source on that, it wasn't in the Sony emails. Maybe the press release of the announcement? Again-- I'm on mobile & have limited access(I'm typing this on an old 3G flip phone) so if anyone wants to look that up I would be indebted.
I personally would love any kind of GB-related TV series... A CGI (or even hand-drawn) cartoon is awesome, as we've all seen how successful the TMNT series has become, that would be great for the kids and adults alike, but I keep thinking a "Supernatural"/"Agents of SHIELD" style live action TV show would so totally rock! Netflix, you listening...?!?
pyhasanon wrote: I keep thinking a "Supernatural"/"Agents of SHIELD" style live action TV show would so totally rock! Netflix, you listening...?!?
I've been thinking exactly the same thing. They could have like "a ghost of the week episodes" and an ongoing investigation / hindering of the next coming of Gozer.
The IDW Comicbooks is a treasure trove for scriptwriters when it comes to both storylines and New ghosts.
International Trailer (this time in English):

...Yeah, not a fan of Patty's concert scene...
pyhasanon wrote:International Trailer (this time in English):

...Yeah, not a fan of Patty's concert scene...
Now I might understand some of the more negative reactions for the first trailer, because this looked bad IMO.
All added scenes lessened the trailer, especially the concert scene [emoji45]
This Post Contains Spoilers

Feels like all the subtle humor from the original gets full-blown exposure in GB16.
Morfeusoneiros wrote:
Jangonate wrote:I laughed at this trailer, too. Maybe there's something wrong with me. Still excited.
Sounds like you're the lucky one. I'm back from euphoric to nervous [emoji23]
Hold on to hope, my friend.
GuyX wrote:
Alphagaia wrote:

Haha nice try. I'm on mobile for the time being so I can't copy paste the emails I'm talking about. Once I get my comp back I'll give you the emails I'm referring to.
Is this going to happen soon? It's been two days...
By GuyX
Alphagaia wrote:
GuyX wrote:
Haha nice try. I'm on mobile for the time being so I can't copy paste the emails I'm talking about. Once I get my comp back I'll give you the emails I'm referring to.
Is this going to happen soon? It's been two days...
I hope so. Starting to go through Netflix withdrawal. I guess I shouldn't have smashed it so hard in anger after watching that crappy trailer(just kidding). Don't worry. The prospect of proving you wrong is all to tempting. In all seriousness though I'm hoping to have it back by the weekend, granted I was hoping to have it back by now. Maybe if I explain to the guy I have an Internet debate at stake he will work a little faster. Or laugh in my face. Probably the latter.
By Alphagaia
He he, don't worry, it's all in good jest.
Prove me right or wrong, I just like to see how you interpreted the leaks. Who knows, maybe I learn something new, maybe you learn something new.

Alphagaia wrote:He he, don't worry, it's all in good jest.
Prove me right or wrong, I just like to see how you interpreted the leaks. Who knows, maybe I learn something new, maybe you learn something new.

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]