Dr. Stantz Jr. wrote:
zeta otaku wrote:Am I the only one not 100% on board with the Extreme Ghostbusters being added in? I mean, sure, yay more characters, but... I dunno. I kinda wish they would have made new sculpts of the additional characters from the first game. Meh, it is what it is. I'll just make new cards for the expanded crew using the new cards as a base.
Would you have preferred the Feigbusters?

J/K
Seeing as how they made a VERY subtle appearance in the last issue of Ghostbusters International... sure :D See, here's the thing with the EGB team. The games are supposed to be based off of the IDW comics, so seeing the EGBs in full EGB gear just looks totally off to me. Had they been given the IDW treatment like Kylie did, I think I'd be warmer to the idea of them in the game.

I'm sorry, I'm just really nit-picky with this for some reason =_=
MotherPussBucket wrote:Sorry, didnt see the follow up question.

Yes, you can add the original base game for 50 dollars.

Now that doesn't include all the stretch goals from it. To be honest, you're better off getting the Throwback Pack for 60, as it has ALL the characters
So I will only miss the board?

Another noob question: how do I add the throwback pack or original game to my pledge? I don't see it as an option when I manage my pledge.
Zeta, I'm not a big XGB fan, but i know a good amount of people are, or at least they were very vocal during the last campaign?

Alpha, you want to pledge for THIS game, you'll get WAY more stuff than you would at retail.

Anyhow, I have it on good authority that the next stretch goal to be revealed (not unlocked but previewed to be unlocked) is the ECTO 2

Pledge pledge, reach out to the franchises! You'd think each group could afford at least one.
zeta otaku wrote:I'll be honest, I did too. The way they mentioned it being an expansion of the first game made me think it was going to reuse stuff from the first game allowing for a full game like they have now as well as a cheaper expansion set for those with the first game.
It did irk me when I saw the same price and that they were dangling two separate expansions in addition to the second game.
zeta otaku wrote:Oh, I'm an EGB fan, I just don't feel they fit with everything else being IDW and tied to the comics/movies, but that's just me. I'm not cancelling my pledge or anything :D
The IDW comics just came off two mini-series that involved inter-dimensional travel, one of which that had a cameo from the Extreme Ghostbusters. I imagine these a new type of Spirit Gate, which was introduced in the first board game, might come into play and allow for another crossover of sorts with characters from the Extreme Ghostbusters series at least.
Kingpin wrote:
Doctor Venkman wrote:Plus I can't be sure but it looks like only the Deluxe pledge gets the stretch goals.
I think as long as you've pledged $115 or higher (Proton Slinger Edition or above) you should be entitled to the stretch goals that get unlocked.
Yea, that's my point. That's the Deluxe version of the game.

On the first Kickstarter, you got the stretch goals for the $80 pledge level. You didn't have to upgrade to the Deluxe version.

I'm just disappointed that the stretch goals are only part of the Deluxe pledge this time.
How do you define interest? I'd say there is interest here. Not as rabid and hard to keep track of as on the Kickstarter comments section. People are posting about it now and the first one during the campaign.
Doctor Venkman wrote:I'm just disappointed that the stretch goals are only part of the Deluxe pledge this time.
Not all of them are only part of the Deluxe pledge this time either.
Doctor Venkman wrote: Yea, that's my point. That's the Deluxe version of the game.

On the first Kickstarter, you got the stretch goals for the $80 pledge level. You didn't have to upgrade to the Deluxe version.

I'm just disappointed that the stretch goals are only part of the Deluxe pledge this time.
On the first kickstarter there were 3 stretch goals only the Mass Hysteria pledge level got:
1) Shandor tiles
2) Libary Tiles
3) Tobins Spirit Guide

But I do understand your frustration, they are definitely limiting the base pledge stretch goals this time. It actually seems like they are doing the reverse with the retail pledge. Whereas in the first kickstarter you got the base game with the retail pledge, you didn't get the stretch goals. This second one the retail pledge is getting all the stretch goals.

However, base game so far is still getting:
1)Statue of Liberty
2) Brain Matter
3) Soar Throat
4) X Cop
IT'S TIME TO GET REAL!

This one’s for the REAL Ghostbusters fans out there! We’re proud to announce an awesome add-on called the Get Real Pack with 23 minis inspired by the classic The Real Ghostbusters cartoon! And that’s not all: The pack comes with Ally Cards that introduce exciting new gameplay elements. The add-on is a CZE-exclusive that you can get for just $45!

Let’s do a rundown of the minis! First, you’ll get the Ghostbusters team—Peter, Ray, Egon, Winston, and even Janine—with the minis designed to resemble the characters from The Real Ghostbusters (RGB). They can be used as cosmetic swap-outs for the regular Ghostbusters in the game OR they can be used as Allies, which we’ll explain below.

The next RGB mini is the Ecto-2! Survey the city for paranormal hotspots with this 50mm vehicle. An autogyro that up to two Ghostbusters can ride, the Ecto-2 moves up to eight spaces uninhibited by map obstacles or other Entities. It has a fuel limit, though, and will become unusable if flown too many times.

If that weren’t enough, the add-on pack includes Real Ghostbusters plastic minis that upgrade the cardboard tokens in the game: eight Goo Piles, five Gates, and four Traps. These minis can also double as figure stands for those of you who want to display your paranormal paint jobs.

The five poker-sized Ally Cards in the Get Real Pack are additions to the Event Deck that will bring more friendly figures onto the map . . .. in the form of The Real Ghostbusters! When you draw an Ally Card, that figure is placed onto the space where the Goo Pile was, and you gain control of that character, taking his or her turn after you finish yours. Ally characters have unique abilities that assist the Ghostbusters in their fight. Allies only lasts for a little while before the rift in the dimensional fabric repairs itself and they return to their parallel universe, but while they are around, they can do pretty much anything a Ghostbuster can! Make the RGB team—including Janine—your Allies to add another cool wrinkle to your game. We’re all big fans of The Real Ghostbusters (so much nostalgia!), and we know many of you will love seeing the familiar art again and having the RGB team join Ghostbusters: The Board Game II with the Get Real Pack add-on!

zeta otaku wrote:I could take or leave Peoplebuster Egon, but... it'll be a DAMN shame if we can't complete the XGB team (what? I might not be all for them being in the game, but if they're there, I really want them to be a complete team!)
Considering the "Get Real" add-on, they could have made an "Extreme" add-on and left the goals for ghosts/spectres, and other IDW characters *cough* Ghost Smashers *cough*
But the Get Real add on is not completely the same as the EGB busters;

the Get Real add on is basically a "summons", you can summon an RGB through a dimensional vortex for a brief time from what I read; they're not full fledged characters (unless you replace one of the original GBs with the RGB one)
JayTigran wrote:But the Get Real add on is not completely the same as the EGB busters;

the Get Real add on is basically a "summons", you can summon an RGB through a dimensional vortex for a brief time from what I read; they're not full fledged characters (unless you replace one of the original GBs with the RGB one)
True, but they could have done the same thing with the XGB characters gameplay wise. Don't get me wrong, I love the XGB characters, but I'll always be using the OGB characters as the primary players.
The Get Real Pack is an intriguing idea. Like JayTigran likened it to a summon, I immediately thought of Final Fantasy as I read the update. Also intrigued there's the Ecto-2 vehicle but they bothered to add the "(Gyro)" to the name. Hmm, if they're planning the RV from the IDW comics for a stretch goal... :) But please please, I hope the campaign gets past Peoplebuster Egon and we get Eduardo. Would be so odd to not all 4 of them.

But I do admit I get a little more sad when they announce another add-on I can't afford. :sigh:
Fritz wrote:Oh f***...I guess I gotta go rob a bank now...

(not really)
Let's not-plan something this week. ;)
zeta otaku, Kingpin liked this

A little sneak preview of one of the bedrock parts[…]

Where do the other ends of the red/yellow wire[…]

There's some fun dialogue TV-edits, a replacement […]

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/37016683[…]