Ivan Reitman was in attendance at Madame Tussauds in Times Square today for the ribbon cutting of the waxwork museum's new Ghostbusters: Dimension and Ghostbusters Experience attractions.
The experience, a combination waxwork gallery and walk-through haunted house - will see visitors traverse a number of locations, including some from the new film, before culminating in Ghostbusters: Dimension: a VR-powered bust of franchise mascot Slimer.

In addition to Dimension, the experience features waxwork figures of the four Ghostbusters, played by Melissa McCarthy, Kristen Wiig, Kate McKinnon and Leslie Jones. The waxwork figures are attired in their uniforms and with an assortment of equipment from the film, providing options for photo opportunities.

Ticket prices are $30 for general entry to Madame Tussauds - including access to the Ghostbusters Experience, and a further $20 to enter Dimension - discounts are available via the attraction website. The running time for the virtual reality experience is between 10-15 minutes.
Ghostbusters: Dimension is scheduled to open to the public on July 1st.
zeta otaku liked this
I was part of the press/fan preview yesterday (our orange/white Ecto is seen at the end of the video). let me say that the entire experience is absolutely fabulous. The recreation of scenes from the new movie, have actually made me really excited for GB2016!. Great place to get close up shots of the new equipment. A holographic Slimer that seems like he exists in re 3-D space.

But the icing on the cake is the Virtual Reality experience. The crew at the Void made a truly transportative experience. you become a Ghostbuster. I have wanted to be a Ghostbuster since I was 5, and yesterday they made a 32 year dream of mine come true. It beyond playing a GB video game wearing goggles, as you can physically react with the environment. See a chair? take a seat. See an open window? feel the air rush in. See something burning? you can really smell it. you can feel the heat emanating from the proton packs. I can't say much more than if you are near NYC or plan on visiting you MUST visit Madame Tussauds.

Oh, and according to Eric, the event coordinator, for Madame Tussauds: this experience is a permanent attraction, so no rush.
Alphagaia, Kingpin liked this
So I did this today. My impression was pretty positive. The experience was pretty good overall, although short. I had a hard time getting the focus right in the goggles. However the 4D experiences (elevator, sounds, walls, wind, vibrations, etc) were spot on. It was strange that I couldn't see my hands and that the other guy's legs occasionally glitched out like the old Counter Strike days (torso looks fixed ahead but legs and waist pivot and move unnaturally). This is probably a good sign that I was so immersed and believing the whole experience that those things took me out of it; my mind believed what was going on.

I put some pictures up here: https://sway.com/xDmsy7MkE2ox3atd

I took my Theta 360 camera which may be worth checking out.
Sav C, Alphagaia liked this
graboskyc wrote: It was strange that I couldn't see my hands and that the other guy's legs occasionally glitched out like the old Counter Strike days (torso looks fixed ahead but legs and waist pivot and move unnaturally).
During the press event last week, I was talking with the designers of the VR software. They said that they will be constantly updating the experience, and one of the things on the horizon is a glove that will allow you character's arm/hand appear in your field of vision.
Despite all the glitches and the 2009 TVG graphics, it was immersive enough for you to forget it and pull you right into it! It was an absolute blast and would love to do it again!

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]