I would say the sizing is fairly accurate to what Amazon's sizing chart says. I go back and forth between sizes 6 and 8 in Levi's jeans and the Women's Small I ordered is pretty close to a size 6.
MonaLS liked this
You're very welcome. I should say that the suits worn by the ladies in the Reboot look to have an inch or two of positive ease in the waste and hips, so if you're not wanting the suit to be snug, I would order the next larger size.
If I weren't working 70 hours a week, I would. I've sewn a complete Tudor costume including the corset, several costumes including Jedi robes (very comfortable), cloaks, and other miscellaneous bits. The only fiddly bit would be the collar. But time is unfortunately a major factor.
MightyAni liked this
Actually, the quality is much, much higher than the other Reboot jumpsuit I ordered. I sent that one back--and am expecting a full refund--because they sent me the completely wrong size and the only quality thing about it was the material. The reflective tape wasn't tape at all, but satin-y ribbon, the patch was bad, the belt(!) was the wrong color, the gloves and shinguards were ill-sized, and looked cheap. And that whole ensemble was $40 more than the awesome one I got from Stail.

Yes, I had to order my own half-finger gloves, but I found some black weightlifting ones with wrist support that will work well with only a couple minor changes. Yes, I will have to order the correct black boots and shin guards, but I will do custom sizing to make sure I get ones that will fit me.

I am willing to do all of this because I love the movie enough to model my first ever cosplay outfit off the ladies' uniforms. I can sew too, but I am bad at drawing up my own patterns and there's no way I'd be able to finish a Reboot pack AND jumpsuit by Halloween. Like Mona, I simply don't have the time.
MonaLS liked this
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Interested to know if anyone has actually seen/tested one of these yet? Specifically the 1984 costume.

I'm new to Ghosbustering (is that what we call it?) and don't have the time to build or the money to buy a high quality replica pack yet, so I was wondering how the rubber pack would do on an alice frame and with a bit of work, at least as a low-tech stand in until I can make a real one. Last year I had JUST found a flight suit and actually wore one of those awful inflatable get-ups.

Interestingly, these are now listed on Amazon under "Rubie's Costume Kids Classic Ghostbusters Deluxe Costume Proton Backpack"
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01CIOHLAM/ ... UTF8&psc=1

It's just the pack, for $60 with prime shipping. For that price, I figure it could work for a kids costume (I also have the old blue Mattel pack for that purpose).

Interested to hear your thoughts.
Creativeguy wrote:Sad. Not even worth 20.00.
How did the size compare? It lists the length online as 24 inches long, which would not be all that bad; but it is not clear if that is JUST the proton pack, or the "overall length" including the mounted neutrino wand.
You know to be honest, this is not really a bad price and is a great option for groups to use as loaner packs for kids and stuff when taking pictures and different events. Dont need to worry about them breaking or dropping anything really valuable. Probably pick a couple up for my group to use for just this purpose!
1chapelcredit, MonaLS liked this
So managed to see the pack for sale at $100 Canadian at a local Costume store. They let me snag it out of the packaging to have my son try it on and snap some photos. It is really cheap, and kid sized, and almost completely made of foam (smells like crap too for some reason), except for the wires, hose, straps and rainbow cable. Some of the nice things were, it was extremely light, looks decent from a far and basically does the job for most people out there. It may be possible to add a light kit as its pretty thick and dense. Kicks the crap out of stupid inflatable pack too. Anyway, I took a ton of pics so you could see better details of what this thing looks like, enjoy:

SpaceBallz, Ecto-1 fan, Kingpin and 1 others liked this
The only problem I see with adding anything is the fact that it's all made of foam. So adding the Matty Wand would not only look weird with a tiny pack, but it's weight would rip any v-hook mount off of it in seconds. A light ribbon cable should work though. Remember this thing is 95% foam. So any additions would also have to weigh as much as foam, or it will tear it.
Kingpin, MonaLS liked this
Thanks for sharing the hands-on info, tiallr1! You just beat me to it; I just got one in the mail from Amazon last night and was going to add some info. For the record, the size of the proton pack (listed as 24" x 13" on Amazon) is about 18" x 11". Further, the package lists this as the adult pack seen on the Rubie's site with the Grand Heritage costume, even though whoever is selling it on Amazon lists it as a child costume.

Given the size, I would say the Amazon people have the right idea. On the plus side, it feels sturdy, and compared to those inflatable things as the only option, this is actually pretty good for any kids or teenagers who want to do halfway decent GB costume for halloween.
1chapelcredit wrote:Thanks for sharing the hands-on info, tiallr1! You just beat me to it; I just got one in the mail from Amazon last night and was going to add some info. For the record, the size of the proton pack (listed as 24" x 13" on Amazon) is about 18" x 11". Further, the package lists this as the adult pack seen on the Rubie's site with the Grand Heritage costume, even though whoever is selling it on Amazon lists it as a child costume.

Given the size, I would say the Amazon people have the right idea. On the plus side, it feels sturdy, and compared to those inflatable things as the only option, this is actually pretty good for any kids or teenagers who want to do halfway decent GB costume for halloween.
Exactly what I was thinking. Perfect for anyone who can't or doesn't want to lug around a 30+ pound pack. This thing literally weighs nothing.

Curious, did you notice a strong chemical order from the foam?
tilallr1 wrote:
1chapelcredit wrote:Thanks for sharing the hands-on info, tiallr1! You just beat me to it; I just got one in the mail from Amazon last night and was going to add some info. For the record, the size of the proton pack (listed as 24" x 13" on Amazon) is about 18" x 11". Further, the package lists this as the adult pack seen on the Rubie's site with the Grand Heritage costume, even though whoever is selling it on Amazon lists it as a child costume.

Exactly what I was thinking. Perfect for anyone who can't or doesn't want to lug around a 30+ pound pack. This thing literally weighs nothing.

Curious, did you notice a strong chemical order from the foam?
Definitely! Bowled me over when I first opened the package. It seems to dissipate pretty quickly though.
I'm curious on something I haven't been able to get an answer o . The child's costume and adult costume using the same proton pack or is the adult pack suppose to be bigger? Inquiring minds would like to know. I'm half tempted to get 1 for myself as I broke my back 2 years ago, and after a fusion and rods being put into my back, the thought of lugging a heavy pack that I already have around doesn't sound enticing at all. I'm sure with some work, it could look good ?

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]