I'm done with this thing.

I tried getting it via Spencer's paying with Paypal. I know Spencer's are still connected to Spirit but I had hoped that doing that AND paying via PP would stop the ridiculous holds they were doing.

Well, since ordering it on friday they withdrew and redeposited the funds FIVE times, then had the gaul to send me an email telling me it was cancelled citing "lack of authorisation". They then UNcancelled my order after contacting their customer service...

...and then cancelled it again a couple days later :/

I'm over it. Done, done, done.
Kingpin wrote:Alternately it could have been a costing issue, they may've decided it wasn't productive enough to produce it at 1:1 scale given the production costs of injection moulding, and including electronics.
I'm so psyched to get mine. I wonder if the size is more of a mass marketing decision. Though those of us who live and breathe the franchise are really wrapped up in screen accuracy and having a pack that more closely resembles a full-size one like the boys wore while busting, a business like SpiritHalloween has to consider how to maximize profits. Downsizing the pack means they are more likely to appeal to the masses who won't even know the difference and certainly to the teenage and pre-teen consumer who will be able to strap it on without falling over. Then if it actually gets to the point of having them in store, consider any Spencer's you have ever been in. Their shelves are JAM PACKED. Shelf space is a premium. To carry a larger product would impede that much more on shelf space for other stuff.
Just a thought.
J10kmn liked this
WillS3 wrote:
Kingpin wrote:Alternately it could have been a costing issue, they may've decided it wasn't productive enough to produce it at 1:1 scale given the production costs of injection moulding, and including electronics.
I'm so psyched to get mine. I wonder if the size is more of a mass marketing decision. Though those of us who live and breathe the franchise are really wrapped up in screen accuracy and having a pack that more closely resembles a full-size one like the boys wore while busting, a business like SpiritHalloween has to consider how to maximize profits. Downsizing the pack means they are more likely to appeal to the masses who won't even know the difference and certainly to the teenage and pre-teen consumer who will be able to strap it on without falling over. Then if it actually gets to the point of having them in store, consider any Spencer's you have ever been in. Their shelves are JAM PACKED. Shelf space is a premium. To carry a larger product would impede that much more on shelf space for other stuff.
Just a thought.
I feel like its a combination of the both. Super hardcore fans that care about 100% accuracy aren't the target. They're aiming for that middle ground, those "well this is close enough and well within my price range" crowd, such as myself. So that pack needed to be cost effective as far as materials, time, and energy spend but also appeal to as many people as possible, adults and kids. So the size and accuracy has to reflect that.

I got my email too. Very excited but won't get to do much with it right away as I'm going to be obnoxiously overworked my last week before vacation. It does give some time for other more talented people to step in and give some examples of good mods. I can't wait to get a look at this thing! :blush:
WillS3 liked this
I've been having oddities with this too, Alex. It says my order went through and I talked to someone in their customer service chat and it seems fine. Yet the item is still in my shopping cart and I've gotten three emails saying that I have an item there and if I don't do anything with it, it'll be removed from my cart. Even though I ordered it. I fear if it does get removed from my cart, or if it's taken out automatically, that the perorder will be canceled. Last time I tried to snag one of these packs this happened and the item was in my cart even though I placed the order, removed it, and the order soon after failed. Perhaps a coincidence, I don't know.

Also they seem to have taken money out of my account for the item yet I've gotten no shipping confirmation email. So perhaps that's the issue you've been having. So if my order gets canceled after the item gets removed from my cart after so long I'm going to be very unhappy. I just want my accurate enough affordable pack, dammit. Hopefully it goes smoothly regardless but I'm keeping an eye on it.
VenomSymbiote wrote:I've been having oddities with this too, Alex. It says my order went through and I talked to someone in their customer service chat and it seems fine. Yet the item is still in my shopping cart and I've gotten three emails saying that I have an item there and if I don't do anything with it, it'll be removed from my cart. Even though I ordered it. I fear if it does get removed from my cart, or if it's taken out automatically, that the perorder will be canceled. Last time I tried to snag one of these packs this happened and the item was in my cart even though I placed the order, removed it, and the order soon after failed. Perhaps a coincidence, I don't know.

Also they seem to have taken money out of my account for the item yet I've gotten no shipping confirmation email. So perhaps that's the issue you've been having. So if my order gets canceled after the item gets removed from my cart after so long I'm going to be very unhappy. I just want my accurate enough affordable pack, dammit. Hopefully it goes smoothly regardless but I'm keeping an eye on it.
Couple things- I experienced this weird shopping cart situation too. When I clicked on the link in my order confirmation email to check the status of my order, the first time I clicked it would take me to a shopping cart and when I navigated away from the page, it acted like I was placing a new order. When I went back to my email and clicked the SAME LINK a second time, it would navigate to a page that asked for my order number and zip code to look up my completed order. This happened several times and when I left the shopping cart with a pack in it, I got the "don't forget to buy" email. But they were separate "transactions." Maybe this happened to you too?
As for shipping, I saw posts here earlier today and kept checking my email (between doing other work-related things) and it finally came. My guess is that SpiritHalloween is finally moving through a shipment and emails are going out as the FedEx labels are being printed. So hopefully, you will get an email SOON!
Hope this helps.
Sadly due to the issue with the first order that got canceled I had to order another which says it will ship on or before October 15th. Dunno if anyone else who ordered one with that as the ship date have had shipping confirmations yet, but if any have I'd like to know. I guess their cart or system is just wonky if others have had issues too. Hopefully mine is shipped soon or at least does get sent in October. I've wanted a pack for a long time but due to funds and not being very handy, never had much of a chance. This would be great so if their site ends up constantly messing up and I miss out on one, I'll be one sad Ghosthead.
I too received a shipping notification for mine, and I'd only purchased it a few days beforehand.

Seems like they're not following a first in/first out approach.... or they actually have the stock to fulfill orders?
:-?

Either way, can't wait to see it in person! It's an upgrade for my son's Halloween outfit, and he's excited as one would expect a kid to be.
In Canada we do not have permanent stores but temporary ones that open a few months before Halloween. I saw one close by being loaded up with stock. I asked someone there when they planned to open up and was given a vague 1-2 weeks. No firm opening date to give them solves some buffer space.

I asked about the Ghostbuster Pack and the lady said she was not sure if they would have stock. So I guess I will be doing some drive bys to see if it is open.
I was going to make a new post about the Proton Packs and yes they even have the Ghostbusters's suit. Does anyone know where I can get a reasonably prices EPK Reader and Ghost Trap? As of right now I am just saving up for the Pack and Suit. Oh, and is there a Proton Pack Wii Remote for sale yet? I only seen some demos of those,but not seen any in stores or online.
ROBOrob77 wrote:I ordered on 07/24 and have not received shipping confirmation ... however, they did send me an email stating ship date was changed to 9/15. :whatever:
They say it should be delivered in Oct. about a week or two before Halloween. If you do not get yours, since you have already ordered one, by Halloween I would email them.

I was going to make a new post about the Proton Packs and yes Spirit Halloween even have the Ghostbusters's suit(s). Does anyone know where I can get a reasonably priced PKE Meter and Ghost Trap? As of right now I am just saving up for the Pack and Suit. Oh, and is there a Proton Pack Wii Remote for sale yet? I only seen some demos of those, but not seen any in stores or online.
Well I just came from my local Spirit Halloween and they have a few Ghostbusters Suits it comes with only one name badge, but the name bag sticks on with Velcro, so it can be easily changed. It has some other badges to that stick on with Velcro. The person at the store stated that some people have gotten there orders early too.
I pre-ordered on July 21st, and the ship date was pushed from mid-August to mid-September, but I actually received mine 4 days ago, so if you pre-ordered, you could be seeing yours soon. it is a really well done pack toy for $70, the lights are bright, the sound is loud. there are quite a few inaccuracies and the scale is about 80% (gun is pretty small about 60%) but for $70 you can't go wrong, as much as I would love to own one of the professionally made fan props, I don't have $2000 available, so this will do the job just fine. I plan on customizing it sometime, and i want to figure out if I can swap out the little gun for my mattycollector gun.

joeghostbuster wrote:I pre-ordered on July 21st, and the ship date was pushed from mid-August to mid-September, but I actually received mine 4 days ago, so if you pre-ordered, you could be seeing yours soon. it is a really well done pack toy for $70, the lights are bright, the sound is loud. there are quite a few inaccuracies and the scale is about 80% (gun is pretty small about 60%) but for $70 you can't go wrong, as much as I would love to own one of the professionally made fan props, I don't have $2000 available, so this will do the job just fine. I plan on customizing it sometime, and i want to figure out if I can swap out the little gun for my mattycollector gun.

Looks awesome guy! Grownassnerds has done a few reviews of the pack itself and describes that all the electronics are on a motherboard inside the shell so it should be easy to modify. He also shows how he added an Alice frame to it.

Spongeface has a 3D printed adapter for the Matty wand so that should make it really easy to swap out!
joeghostbuster wrote:I pre-ordered on July 21st, and the ship date was pushed from mid-August to mid-September, but I actually received mine 4 days ago, so if you pre-ordered, you could be seeing yours soon. it is a really well done pack toy for $70, the lights are bright, the sound is loud. there are quite a few inaccuracies and the scale is about 80% (gun is pretty small about 60%) but for $70 you can't go wrong, as much as I would love to own one of the professionally made fan props, I don't have $2000 available, so this will do the job just fine. I plan on customizing it sometime, and i want to figure out if I can swap out the little gun for my mattycollector gun.
Did you receive a shipping confirmation from Spirit before your package arrived?
Anyone else receive their pack damaged? The wand's clippard and ion arm fitting came off at some point prior to boxing because it isn't in the box.

ROBOrob77 wrote:
Did you receive a shipping confirmation from Spirit before your package arrived?
yes sir, I got a shipping confirmation email on 8/25, and received the pack on 8/28 - super fast shipping! and luckily nothing broken like mentioned above (though the images aren't showing up, for me anyway)
I'm in a weird zone then....I ordered mine on the july 21th, got a shipment notification on the 24th, but then got the email that everyone else got about the date being changes to mid Sept. My shipment still says a label was created but no updates since so I don't know if I'll get a new email or have to keep checking mailing updates.....
Well finally got a shipping notice. Mine's expected to ship within the next week or two.

Watching some video reviews, I am annoyed that the backing or "motherboard" is made of cardboard. For $70, I expect the back to be plastic so it's solid. That's my only real problem with it.
Glenn Frederick wrote:
Use the Promo Code DONTLEAVE25 for 25% off! :cool:
sand17 got me free shipping since my order was over $100. I ordered three of these for my kids. Ended up saving me almost $50!

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]