Was looking over the pack again and when I take a close look I can tell details are off. I mean I'm no expert or anything, never built a pack, but the cyclotron is indeed rather small. As well as the thrower looking really tiny. I'm not a handy sorta guy so building things, such as a pack, I don't think I'd do well or have fun doing. I also don't have 500-2,500 bucks to buy a prebuilt. So this even with it not being perfect is a really nice price for more or less what I want a pack for. To hang on or set up against the wall. Maybe use it for Halloween.

Maybe some day down the line if I get the urge I'll build my own. Would be cool to actually make your own. Don't know why I hate building stuff. Just one of those things. Until then this will tide me over just fine.
Kingpin wrote:
AlexC wrote:Hmmm. I wonder if there's a way to get that cyclotron looking thicker.
Not without substantial modification.

I think that there is a degree of wiggle room with these where they can be modified to look more accurate, but at the end of the day it's still just a toy, and you have to consider if some possible mods are worth the time and effort. :)
My thoughts exactly. I think a motherboard and frame, minor detail replacement (ribbon cable), repaint, weathering should make this thing look pretty decent at minimal effort. Its never going to be 100% accurate but I think the price is more than fair for a very good base to work off of.
deadderek liked this
timeware wrote:Hell yeah I just ordered. I'm going to replace the ribbon cable, switch out the gun with my matty replica, get an alice pack frame. My uniform will be complete! It's a unique opportunity for a fixer upper!
This does make me regret not investing in the matty replicas when they were first released.
timeware liked this
I've been running a tally in my head of how much it would cost to upgrade the Rubies pack, given you already have a Matty thrower and hook. Judging by the videos Ghost Corp posted, The lights only light up when the gun fires. you'll have to open it up and replace the lighting anyway if you're using a Matty thrower because the thrower of the rubies pack activates it. So you're looking at another 70 dollars to get a light kit and the Matty electronics adapter to be able to activate the pack lights from the thrower plus adding an alice frame will run you between 30-40 dollars with straps and swapping out fittings wires and cables could run another 25-50 bucks. So that actually puts it at

Pack: $70
GBfans pack lights: $50 shipped (roughly)
Matty thrower electroincs adapter: $25
Ribbon Cables, fittings: $25-30
Alice frame : $40
(Optional) Matty Gun Hook (Alan Hawkins) $25
So for about $215 bucks ($240 if you have to buy a gun hook) you could make a decent replica pack if 80% scale works for you size wise
TW, I forgot to add sound which would be another 60 or so. So 300 give or take.

You know you could take that 300 and buy a studio creations shell and the fittings and actually have a full size pack if you already have the thrower.

But still a more affordable way to have a pack
JWils23 liked this
My game-plan so far (not that anyone asked and is 100% subject to change upon receiving the pack):

Sintra Motherboard and ALICE Frame - From the video it seems super light so sintra should be perfect.
Repaint Minor Details - Any fitting that isn't the proper color or painted at all.
Ribbon Cable - Simple replace.
New/Missing Labels - Not all labels are present. Might redo them all if the ones provided aren't decent.
New Hook - The peg thing bothers me.
Weathering - I don't want to repaint the whole thing (especially since my painting skills are far from decent and details may fade with a few coats of paint). Based on the photos, a good amount of weathering should be enough.
Neutrino Details - Since I don't have a Matty wand, this one will have to do. Repaint details, cut out vents and power indicator bar (as the photo shows they aren't cut).

Depending on how the internals look, I might just pop a cheap rotating light in the cyclotron and and call it a day. The wand has an unnecessary light on the right side when fired, I'll see if I can re-position it underneath the new power indicator bar hole I'll cut. It'll be a fun little project.
ccv66 liked this
AlexC wrote:Hmmm. I wonder if there's a way to get that cyclotron looking thicker.
You'd have to cut the thing apart. The Cyclotron and bumper are molded as one piece.

I don't want to risk breaking this thing. The most I'll do is color is the lights in the middle of the cyclotron with some red (even though it actually does flash red, the outer covering should have been red too.)
Kingpin liked this
80sguy wrote:
AlexC wrote:So, anyone who ordered from the 8/4 shipping batch get any emails? I ordered from the supposed 8/14 shipping second batch.
I didn't. Why?
I think he wants to know if you've been contacted about your shipping yet to know if he should expect his to ship out on the 14th as listed. Since you haven't heard from them yet its safe to assume they haven't shipped anything.
Yeah, sorry, maybe I was a little unclear.

I assume that those who ordered from the first batch will see their packs ship out on 8/4 and those who ordered from the second batch will see theirs ship out on 8/14.

It at least appears that the third batch will ship 10/15? Which sucks for people who jumped on these late.

I just wish we had more definitive updates on these.
J10kmn wrote:
80sguy wrote:
I didn't. Why?
I think he wants to know if you've been contacted about your shipping yet to know if he should expect his to ship out on the 14th as listed. Since you haven't heard from them yet its safe to assume they haven't shipped anything.
I don't think it's common to e-mail about item shipping date changes. I've pre-ordered things in the past where release date was changed, but never got e-mails about it. I only found because I was checking the item page and noticed it was different.
J10kmn liked this
80sguy wrote:
J10kmn wrote:
I don't think it's common to e-mail about item shipping date changes.
Nope, not a common practice at all for pre-orders. However, I believe (and I could be wrong) he just wanted to verify that you didn't get an email saying that it had shipped, which is a common practice for online ordering. If someone has a shipping date before mine and doesn't have the item shipped on that date then its safe to assume that mine won't ship on the date provided either. A sort-of secondhand verification process, if you will.
80sguy liked this
I am - nope, STRIKE THAT- WAS super bummed. I ordered almost immediately when Ghost Corps published the SDCC video on Facebook. Initially my order status (from the link SpiritHalloween sent in my purchase confirmation email) indicated a ship date of August 14. After reading this thread, I just checked the status link and the new ship date is October 15th. I'm a newbie without a pack and I am planning to mod this thing up as my starter pack. I have my ALICE frame and Matty Wand ready to go and I was really looking forward to doing this right away. Obviously Ghostbusters is for life, NOT just Halloween, but I have an event to attend on October 19th. Now I'm not too confident I'll have my starter pack in time.

EDIT- Right after I posted this, I went back and double-checked because something nagged me about the way the link opened. Not sure why, but when I selected the status link this time, I was taken to a page that asked for my order number and my zip code- which did NOT happen the first time. The details of my order popped up and indicated an expected date of 8/14. To be clear, it doesn't say "ship" or "stock." It just says "expected 8/14/17." Be sure if you are following this link that it takes you to your order info rather than just to what appears to be a new "shopping cart."
J10kmn wrote:
80sguy wrote:
I don't think it's common to e-mail about item shipping date changes.
Nope, not a common practice at all for pre-orders. However, I believe (and I could be wrong) he just wanted to verify that you didn't get an email saying that it had shipped, which is a common practice for online ordering. If someone has a shipping date before mine and doesn't have the item shipped on that date then its safe to assume that mine won't ship on the date provided either. A sort-of secondhand verification process, if you will.
October is more than likely the final release date. I could be wrong though, I just find it unlikely they would be shipping these out on different dates.
J10kmn liked this
If it IS October 15th, that's going to annoy all those people who wanted to customize these things. I was hoping to have this done for my son but with a 10/15 shipping date this thing won't be used until NEXT Halloween now.

The confusion over the 8/14 order pages and 10/15 shopping cart pages really needs to be cleared up.

Very annoyed.
I've pre-order a lot of Halloween merchandise in the past and it's common for dates to be pushed up for top selling merchandise!

I've had orders placed around the end of August with expected shipping date in mid October only to receive them in September!

Spirit Halloween usually opens after labor day so I think we will see mostly everyone will have gotten theirs by the last week of August.
Kingpin wrote:The thrower can be flipped around so it is in the correct configuration, it mounts via an unusual round "peg" configuration, a bit like a enlarged version of how the Proton Guns mount to the Playmobil Proton Packs - rather than a hook or Velcro setup:

I'd actually suggest to anyone buying it that they may wish to modify it so that the Proton gun hangs via a hook rather than the manufacturer's option.

Here's the video on Ghost Corp's facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ghostcorps/vid ... 839124796/
Would you know a specific hook name or type so I can look it up and try out some concepts?
I contacted Spirit Halloween via web chat recently. I asked if the packs would be available online only or through stores too. They said that stores would have a limited supply. Now I think we may actually be able to get them quicker at a store instead of online ordering. Leaving time for mods
deadderek, J10kmn, Desslok liked this

Or if you bought the access pack you get them inst[…]

Now that we at SAGB have actually got through our […]

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal el[…]

I have not heard of this. On the Matty PKE, if the[…]