Some extra info on the figures, from Ghostbusters.net via GhostbustersNews:
- Real Ghostbusters figures do share the same torsos as their movie counterparts. They will feature new sculpts in areas like the legs, ex: Ray being shorter, Egon being taller.
- Prices will not change! Ghostbusters Select series will continue to be $24.99 with the regular figures arriving at Toys’R’Us between $14.99-$17.99.
- Future of the line depends on the success of these upcoming figures.
- Diamond Select is looking into upcoming vehicles. For more details on that, be sure to check out the Ghostbusters Interdimensional Crossrip as they’re soon going to be featuring the complete interview from Toy Fair
-Source
H2Ghost, groschopf liked this
Diamond Select, we now need Extreme Ghostbusters figures of Kylie, Eduardo, Garrett, Roland, Janine, the Middle Aged Real Ghostbusters & for added measure The Rookie from Ghostbusters The Video Game! Make it happen...Make it happen!
I could not be happier right now, it feels good to finally see DST's Real Ghostbusters action figures in person. The accessories especially look fantastic. Looking forward to getting these for my collection along with the Ghostbusters 2 action figures.
didn't the DST rep (Zach) start an account here? it would be cool if he chimed in to the thread a little bit! he says in the pixel dan interview that he would like to see a 'spectral ghostsbusters' box set, which would be very cool. anyway, the more I see these, the more I want them. I love that they made the proton streams the same color as their Kenner counterparts. small, pack-in companion ghosts would be awesome, but probably no room (space wise or financially) if they are including firehouse pieces. I'm not crazy about the color of Ray's hair, I think it should be somewhere between the red/orange that they have it, closer to light brown. same with Peter, his hair looks black, I think it should be dark brown...
Kingpin is right. There aren't a lot of complicated shapes in the RBG equipment. As someone that 3D models for work, I can say it'd be far less trouble to model that gear up from scratch than to scan in toys.
3D modeling is above my paygrade. Is that Ghost bomb easy to assemble? My tax returns, and printer can't come soon enough! I'm practically drooling in a sippy cup with what you can do with them!
By mbd
AlTheRelic wrote:Diamond Select, we now need Extreme Ghostbusters figures of Kylie, Eduardo, Garrett, Roland, Janine, the Middle Aged Real Ghostbusters & for added measure The Rookie from Ghostbusters The Video Game! Make it happen...Make it happen!
you read my mind hehe
The new pics of the figures on the main page doesn't make Ray look any better. He kind of creeps me out. Like if you buy the figure and stand it on your shelf it's going to haunt you. Does anyone think it will register on an EMF detector?

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]