This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

As the road towards the next Ghostbusters movie grows ever shorter, Sony Pictures is helping to pass the wait with some brand-new 4K Ultra HD steelbook Blu-rays of the 1984 and 1989 movies, due for release this summer. The full list of extras is visible below, but two notable inclusions are the famed Fort Detmerring scene, which GBFanspreviously reported on the rediscovery of a little over two years ago, and the full commercial from Ghostbusters II.

Ghostbusters
•6 previously-unreleased deleted scenes, including "Fort Detmerring"
•Raw takes for the Central Park "Bums" deleted scene
•12-minute 1984 ShoWest Exhibitor reel, featuring Dan Aykroyd, Bill Murray, and early footage of the movie
•Full Ghostbusters TV commercial, and outtakes
"A Moment with the Stars" - original press kit featurette
•Domestic teaser trailer
•Original stereo audio
•Fan commentary featuring Troy Benjamin, Chris Stewart, Ashley Victoria Robinson, and Sean Bishop - moderated by Eric Reich

Ghostbusters II
•Audio commentary featuring Ivan Reitman, Dan Aykroyd, and Joe Medjuck
The Oprah Winfrey Show: Cast of Ghostbusters II
Ghostbusters II Electronic Press Kit
•Unfinished teaser trailer - featuring the full TV commercial.
•Original stereo audio

The new Blu-rays are expected to go on sale on June 11th.

Pre-Order Now Available on Amazon.com
deadderek, mrmichaelt, RedSpecial and 3 others liked this
I'm so used to seeing film grain on Ghostbusters 1 that the clarity of Bill & Dan is throwing me off. :)
Kingpin, NSGhostbusters liked this
I've hated that logo ever since it first popped up. Just use the classic logo.
I'm wicked pumped for the Fort Detmerring scene and -- finally! -- the GB2 commentary. I wonder if one of the 7 deleted scenes on the GB2 disc will be possessed Ray driving the Ecto 1A...
Sav C, RedSpecial liked this
Wow, awesome news. I wasn't expecting all of this stuff to be included for a re-release - I assumed they would've just repackaged the 30th Anniversary discs with new art.

The fact that we have 6 new deleted scenes to digest for the first film is almost too good to be true. Aside from Fort Detmerring, I'm guessing one of the other scenes will be the Nobel Prize discussion which has been absent on every home video release except for the Criterion Laserdisc from 1989.

The additional Ghostbusters II supplements were also a nice surprise, but it's a shame the rest of the delete scenes aren't included. They're just including the 7 that were on the 2014 Blu-ray.

Does anyone have any insight as to why these may not have been included? Since Ghost Corps consulted fans directly on input, I assume there was push for these to be on this release. Just wondering if the footage is so far lost that they'll pop up like Fort Detmerring did 30 years from now.
Here's my guess on the six deleted scenes:
•Fort Detmerring
•Louis vs. punks in the park
•Nobel Prize scene (from the laserdisc)
•Egon testing the prototype Proton Pack (storyboarded and at least partially-filmed)
•Egon converses with Janine in the lab whilst building one of the Ghost Traps (though, this could be part of the same Pack-testing scene)
•Ecto-1's parking ticket
Coover5, deadderek, Sav C and 4 others liked this
As a kid I'd show my dad the photo of Egon working on the trap in the GB storybook and ask him if he remembers that scene in the movie. he would always say yes probably out of politeness. But that only resulted in me watching and rewatching the film looking for the scene being so sure it was in there. It'll be great to finally see that scene if they include it. Wasn't there also some early containment unit scenes filmed? Perhaps that will be included.
Sav C, NSGhostbusters liked this
There was definitely stuff planned, but ultimately discarded - some were visual effects shots that were deemed tricky to achieve, and would've been considered rather depressing - showing the Unit's inhabitants.
Sav C liked this
What about the interview outside the Sedgewick? I also had the notion that was, similar to the Fort scene, something cut up and used in the montage but filmed in a more complete fashion. That's where Egon's infamous Superman line was in the script and we know they did roll sound on the guys walking to the Ecto because the first featurette has a snippet of Ray screaming "We got one!" to the reporters.
Color me excited! I am really looking forward to seeing all of the new features especially the new deleted scenes from Ghostbusters and the promo pitch with Bill Murray and Dan Aykroyd. Also I must say that it nice that Ghostbusters II is getting a few more features( as much as I enjoyed the 2014 Blu Ray's extras I still wanted more like Run DMC's Ghostbusters rap music video and an audio commentary). The cherry on top for me is the restored version of The Real Ghostbusters pilot episode. I followed the restoration efforts on Facebook and I cannot wait to see the completed effort.
Sav C liked this
Dr.D wrote: April 6th, 2019, 2:57 pm What about the interview outside the Sedgewick? I also had the notion that was, similar to the Fort scene, something cut up and used in the montage but filmed in a more complete fashion. That's where Egon's infamous Superman line was in the script and we know they did roll sound on the guys walking to the Ecto because the first featurette has a snippet of Ray screaming "We got one!" to the reporters.
Good point. If that's featured in an extended capacity, I wonder how far it'd run, given the "sing the jingle" bit may not have gotten past the scripting stage.
Dr.D liked this
Hopefully the Fort Detmerring scene starts with the Ecto-1 pulling up and ends with Winston knocking on the door instead of being broken up into two different deleted scenes.

I feel like them pulling up and speaking to the guy would possibly be considered one deleted scene and Ray with the ghost could be considered another deleted scene?

I hope I'm wrong.
Glenn Frederick wrote: April 6th, 2019, 3:55 pm Hopefully the Fort Detmerring scene starts with the Ecto-1 pulling up and ends with Winston knocking on the door instead of being broken up into two different deleted scenes.

I feel like them pulling up and speaking to the guy would possibly be considered one deleted scene and Ray with the ghost could be considered another deleted scene?

I hope I'm wrong.
It does!

-V71
back, Kingpin, Dr.D and 1 others liked this
So this will be the 3rd Disc copy of Ghostbusters I'll own now... 99 DVD, Blu-Ray release and NOW The 2019 Blu-Ray box set... Saves me from buying Ghostbusters 2 on Blu-Ray at least. :whatever:

Id still rather the packaging look a little more FAMILIAR to us all though ;-)
NSGhostbusters liked this
Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]