In an update to our previous article on Propstore's upcoming Entertainment Memorabilia Auction 2019 event, the auction house has now posted the PDF version of the catalogue, revealing the full list of Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters II props scheduled to go under the hammer.

Of considerable interest will be the Ghost Trap prop, Harold Ramis costume elements, and the resin Proton Pack shell, pulled from the stunt shell mold. The Ghostbusters lots are located on pages 84-88 of the PDF catalogue.

Visit the topic to view the full the full list of auction lots and photos.
299. Stay-Puft Marshmallow Bag GHOSTBUSTERS (1984)
A Stay-Puft Marshmallow bag from Ivan Reitman’s supernatural comedy Ghostbusters. Dana Barrett (Sigourney Weaver) brought home a bag of Stay-Puft Marshmallows and set them on her kitchen counter shortly before her first encounter with Zuul the Gatekeeper of Gozer.This plastic bag features a white Stay-Puft label adhered over the bag’s real front label. The label depicts a cartoon rendering of the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man and the slogan “STAYS PUFT EVEN WHEN TOASTED”, which did not appear on the bag seen on screen, but did appear on a Stay-Puft billboard later in the film. The expiration date printed on the marshmallow bag is “February 12, 1984”. The bag shows signs of wear and aging, including small tears and crinkling to the plastic, fading and glue residue to the front labels, and discolouration and stiffening to the actual marshmallows.
Dimensions: 30.5 cm x 16.75 cm x 5.25 cm (12” x 6 ½” x 2”)
Estimate: £2,000 - £3,000 ($2,418.07 - $3,627.11)

300. Slimer’s Fingertips GHOSTBUSTERS (1984)
Slimer’s fingertips from Ivan Reitman’s supernatural sci-fi comedy Ghostbusters. Slimer, a glutinous green ghost haunting the Sedgewick Hotel was the first ghost that the Ghostbusters ever caught, and quickly became a fan-favorite in the franchise.The fingertips include all five from the right hand, made of resin caps with a foam latex skin. They are painted in two shades of green, the darker of which being used on the fingernails. The foam latex skin is dry and fragile, and prone to cracking and flaking. This lot comes from the collection of Peter Mosen, widely known as the first-ever "Ghost-head" (super-fan), who was part of numerous official Ghostbusters publicity event; Mosen obtained the item from a production source in the 1980s.
Dimensions: 12.75 cm x 7.75 cm x 4 cm (5” x 3” x 1½”)
Estimate: £800 - £1,200 ($967.23 - $1,450.84)

301. Production-MadeProton Pack Shell GHOSTBUSTERS (1984)
A production-made proton pack shell from Ivan Reitman’s supernatural comedy Ghostbusters. Peter Venkman (Bill Murray), Ray Stantz (Dan Aykroyd), Egon Spangler (Harold Ramis) and Winston Zeddemore (Ernie Hudson) used their particle accelerating proton packs in order to weaken and trap ghosts while working as paranormal investigators. Constructed of automotive filler with a cloth reinforcement inlay, this black painted casting shell with red details was created as a master pattern from the production mold for the rubber stunt packs used in the film. It shows some details found exclusively on the stunt packs, such as a reversed “ion arm” in the upper left corner of the pack. It features extensive wear and cracking throughout as well as some missing paint in several sections. This lot comes from the collection of Peter Mosen, widely known as the first-ever "Ghost-head" (super-fan), who was part of numerous official Ghostbusters publicity event; Mosen obtained the item from a production source in the 1980s.
Dimensions: 66 cm x 33 cm x 19 cm (26” x 13” x 7½”)
Estimate: £4,000 - £6,000 ($4,836.14 - $7,254.21)

302. Ray Stantz’s (Dan Aykroyd) Ghostbuster Jumpsuit GHOSTBUSTERS (1984)
Ray Stantz’s (Dan Aykroyd) Ghostbuster jumpsuit from Ivan Reitman’s supernatural comedy Ghostbusters. Stantz and his fellow Ghostbusters donned their jumpsuits to track and capture the ghosts haunting New York City. This jumpsuit is made from two different shades of khaki material, features brass zippers, and includes both the “STANTZ” name patch on the left chest and the Ghostbusters logo patch on the right sleeve. It has pockets on the front, back, legs, and left sleeve. There is visible marking and stitching remnants on the left leg where the suit’s rubber hose connector was once fastened. The jumpsuit shows some signs of wear and aging. While it was intentionally constructed of two different shades of khaki material, the contrast between the materials is now much greater due to one of them becoming heavily discoloured with age; this fading giving the affected material a warmer, pink-coloured hue. The unaltered colour is more prominent in areas not exposed to light, such as underneath the collar.
Estimate: £10,000 - 15,000 ($12,090.35 - $18,135.53)

303. Egon Spengler’s (Harold Ramis) Utility Belt GHOSTBUSTERS (1984)
Egon Spengler’s (Harold Ramis) utility belt from Ivan Reitman’s supernatural comedy Ghostbusters. Spengler wore various devices and pieces of technology used for investigating potential paranormal activity on his belt while at The Sedgewick Hotel with Peter Venkman (Bill Murray) and Ray Stantz (Dan Aykroyd).This beige cotton belt with a metal clasp and details is labelled “HR” on the interior and features a leather holster containing a plastic and foam rubber electronic greeblie addition with various wires attached to a metal clip. The belt was custom made for the production by Fred Nidha, who frequently worked with Jim Henson in New York. There is some wear on the belt as well as cracking, paint chipping and some wire loosening on the holstered elements. This lot comes from the collection of Peter Mosen, widely known as the first-ever "Ghost-head" (super-fan), who was part of numerous official Ghostbusters publicity event; Mosen obtained the items directly from the studio shortly after filming.
Dimensions: 99 cm x 22.75 cm x 5 cm (39 “ x 9” x 2”)
Estimate: £10,000 - £15,000 ($12,090.35 - $18,135.53)

304. Egon Spengler’s (Harold Ramis) Boots and Elbow Pads GHOSTBUSTERS (1984)
Egon Spengler’s (Harold Ramis) Boots and Elbow pads from Ivan Reitman’s supernatural comedy Ghostbusters. Spengler wore his Ghostbusters uniform throughout the film, which incorporated elbow pads and black boots.This pair of black leather and rubber boots have laces and zippers on the sides and are labelled “HR” on the interiors, and a pair of grey and charcoal-coloured cotton elbow pads from the uniform. There is some scuffing and wear to the interior and exterior of the boots as well as some color fading on the elbow pads. The items were gifted to a fan who had a large interest in the production shortly after filming wrapped. This lot comes from the collection of Peter Mosen, widely known as the first-ever "Ghost-head" (super-fan), who was part of numerous official Ghostbusters publicity event; Mosen obtained the items directly from the studio shortly after filming.
Dimensions: 32.5 cm x 28 cm x 25.5 cm (12¾ “ x 11” x 10”)
Estimate: £5,000 - 7,000 ($5,000 - $8,463.25)

305. Radio-Controlled Hero Ghost Trap and Pedal GHOSTBUSTERS (1984) / GHOSTBUSTERS II (1989)
A radio-controlled hero ghost trap and pedal from Ivan Reitman’s supernatural comedy Ghostbusters and its sequel Ghostbusters II. The Ghostbusters — Peter Venkman (Bill Murray), Raymond Stantz (Dan Aykroyd), Egon Spengler (Harold Ramis), and Winston Zeddemore (Ernie Hudson) — used traps to capture ghouls haunting New York. A small number of electronic trap props were made for the production by Academy Award®-nominated special effects supervisor Chuck Gaspar, and reused in the second production. This piece comes with a letter of authenticity from producer Michael C. Gross.The trap consists of a black aluminum box with a handle and four wheels, an illuminating red plastic light, an illuminating electronic charging meter, a yellow plastic light, and two doors with yellow striped caution tape applied on top. When charged, the trap doors open to reveal five 9V batteries in a battery pack, an array of four small light bulbs, and circuitry connecting the doors to the batteries.The original plastic and metal Futaba® radio-control system used to operate the trap is labelled with numbers corresponding to the mechanism that each button controls. The trap has several pieces of functionality: the remote button labelled “5 DOOR” opens the striped hatch doors on top; the throttle labelled “3 BARGRAPH” operates the light bar graph at the top of the piece which illuminates up and down to confirm that the trap is filled up; the “6 FLASH” button initiates the internal strobe-light used for on-set interactive lighting effects when the trap opens; and the mechanism labelled “7 RED LIGHT FLASH” operates the red flashing light at the rear of the unit that signifies it is holding a ghost. The hydraulic foot pedal is made of steel and wood painted black, with red and yellow wires underneath. Also included is a plastic-and-steel cable that connects the trap and the pedal, and a red-and-black AC charging cord for the trap. The round silver bars on the side of the trap’s body were originally painted orange for the first film, and were stripped back to raw aluminium when the trap was reconditioned for the sequel. All pieces exhibit signs of use and wear, including scrapes and scuffs throughout, as well as chipped wood on the pedal. Operating instructions for the functional electronic components are also included.
Dimensions: 75 cm x 58.5 cm x 24.25 cm (29 ½” x 23” x 9 ½”)*Contains electronics; see electronics notice pg 508
Estimate: £80,000 - 120,000 ($96722.8 - $145084.2)

306. Dr. Egon Spengler’s (Harold Ramis) Screen-Matched Jumpsuit GHOSTBUSTERS II (1989)
Dr. Egon Spengler’s (Harold Ramis) jumpsuit from Ivan Reitman’s action-comedy sequel Ghostbusters II. Spengler wore his jumpsuit throughout the film, from the initial reunion of the Ghostbusters,to their triumph over evil spirit Vigo the Carpathian (Wilhelm von Homberg). Wrinkles and stitchings around the patches screen-match the garment to early scenes when the team investigated the museum holding Vigo’s haunted portrait.Conceived by costume designer Gloria Gresham, the jumpsuit is made of tan-coloured polycotton. It has a metal zip front, two breast pockets, two hip pockets, a pocket on the left arm, two thigh and shin pockets on each leg, a thin pouch on the left inner thigh, and four pen slots by the ankle. The waist and wrist cuffs are adjustable with Velcro®, and the ankle cuffs are adjustable with metal zips. The jumpsuit features Spengler’s signature name patch in red text on a black background sewn onto the left breast, and the Ghostbusters logo patch sewn onto the right upper arm. A manufacturer tag with a handwritten label reading “Harold Ramis” is found within. The jumpsuit shows minor wear from production use and remains in very good overall condition. Estimate: £10,000 - 15,000 ($12,090.35 - $18,135.53)
1980Metti liked this
Wow! Such incredible articles from these beloved classics! Congrats to the winners of these auctions for sure to have these rare gems. I’m curious how accurate the pricing will be when the hammer falls. Great reference photos, too.

They posted a video of the traps radio controls here: https://youtu.be/syljoCPELbI
It's up for debate certainly, though it should be kept in mind the lighting circumstances might be affecting the colour grading. I'm hoping to pop by the prop display the week it opens, so I'll try make some notes on the apparent colour when I'm there.
I can't tell exactly from these pics, but maybe someone can help clarify.

1) On GB1 patches, did they sew with a straight stitch following the inner circumference? (as opposed to bringing the thread over the edge). Maybe to clarify what I mean, a straight stitch would basically be like taking a patch of a clock and sewing from 1 oclock to 2 oclock, then from 2 oclock directly to 3 oclock, 3 to 4 etc. Where as the other way would be sewing from 1 oclock, wrapping it around the back, then poking a hole and coming out of 2, then wrap it around the edge again, hope that makes sense).

2) Same question with the name patch

3) same question with the GB2 patch.
Glow in the Dark wrote: September 9th, 2019, 2:54 am (Where as the other way would be sewing from 1 oclock, wrapping it around the back, then poking a hole and coming out of 2, then wrap it around the edge again, hope that makes sense.
That’s called a whip stitch. :)
Glow in the Dark liked this
Demon Vice Commander wrote: September 9th, 2019, 6:18 am
Glow in the Dark wrote: September 9th, 2019, 2:54 am (Where as the other way would be sewing from 1 oclock, wrapping it around the back, then poking a hole and coming out of 2, then wrap it around the edge again, hope that makes sense.
That’s called a whip stitch. :)
I thought so couldn't be sure, I saw a video where they were sewing two lips together, like sewing up a pillow. But yeah..were any of the patches whip stitched?
The answer is both.
From the reference we've seen of the GB noghost at least, it seems like the red border of the symbol was stitched on, following the edge using red thread.
Then the parts of the ghosts hands and head that protrude past the red border were whip stitched in black thread.

I haven't thought to post that info before as I thought it was already common knowledge?

The namepatch was just attached following the border.

Difficult to tell from the above image if the GB2 noghost followed suit from the Original but it would make sense if it did.

Check out this patch on a screen used Venkman suit.

I used this method myself when I attached the patch to my flightsuit.

One time liked this
Oh I see haha, my bad.

It's really difficult to tell with the GB2 noghost due to the black border around the ghosts extremities being so thick but if you look at the right side of the head and foot here, you just make out a whip stitch so I'd wager its the same as the GB patch.

As for the namepatch its definitely sewn on following the border all round with no whip stitch.
I have a pretty clear reference pic for that one but i can't seem to find it right now.
Glow in the Dark liked this
After talking with a member of staff at Propstore, it appears that the following items will be on display:

•The Ghost Trap
•Dan's jumpsuit
•Harold's jumpsuit
•Harold's uniform belt
•The Stay Puft Marshmallows bag

A pity the Proton Pack shell won't be there, but I guess it's just considered too fragile to display publically.
Fantastic!
Thats more than I thought there would be, honestly.
I wish I could visit myself to see these in personal but I just cant justify the cost and time away needed for a trip down south.

The shell pulled from the stunt mould appears to be almost entirely comprised of bondo with numerous splits already , so its not surprising that they wouldn't want to ship it all the way over here just to display it.
Kingpin wrote: September 11th, 2019, 2:44 am After talking with a member of staff at Propstore, it appears that the following items will be on display:

•The Ghost Trap

Would it be possible for you to try and snap a couple specific photos of the trap:
  • Lower front section where the L-bracket is holding the cartridge in
  • Area on the side where the "battery" box attaches to the handle plate
  • Bottom view of the trap where the bearing wheels bolt into
  • Bottom views of the pedal showing the feet
  • Below the vector plate on the pedal where the tubing terminates
  • Any other interior shots of the cartridge if the trap is open (specifically the sides and bottom)
I know it'll probably be hard to get these photos but any of the ones listed above would help tremendously! Also, a video would be great in case there's some detail photos can't pick up well?
I know it isn't a top priority but I am interested about that key fob on the belt.
when Peter Mosen shared his photos of the Screen used belt a few years back I noticed that the leather isn't shaped like the main fob.
the leather pattern has a curved shape to it and everyone replicates that fob with a rectangular shape.

After seeing that pic back then I really notice that Aykroyd and Murray belts shares the design when looking though production photos.
Cole Funstuff wrote: September 11th, 2019, 3:03 pm Would it be possible for you to try and snap a couple specific photos of the trap:
  • Lower front section where the L-bracket is holding the cartridge in
  • Area on the side where the "battery" box attaches to the handle plate
  • Bottom view of the trap where the bearing wheels bolt into
  • Bottom views of the pedal showing the feet
  • Below the vector plate on the pedal where the tubing terminates
  • Any other interior shots of the cartridge if the trap is open (specifically the sides and bottom)
I'll try to get what photos I can, though it'll likely be like the previous exhibition I attended, with everything displayed behind glass.
Glenn Frederick wrote: September 11th, 2019, 4:06 pm After seeing that pic back then I really notice that Aykroyd and Murray belts shares the design when looking though production photos.
I'll see if I can snag a photo, prop arrangement permitting.
Anyone able to shed some light on the use of 2 almost identical colored fabrics for the GB1 suit. I don't think I've noticed this on any other suit, or have I just missed something well know for years, and why would they use almost identical fabric, if as the description says it was intentional?
Take those descriptions with a pinch of salt, some of the auction houses are notorious for using incorrect information.

A few suits have surfaced with the colour differences between parts.
It didn't look that way back in 83, that's just the result of certain peices aging differently.

It's anyone's guess why they used slightly different fabric on some of the suits as not all of them that have surfaced show this discolouration.
The 2 shades is actually really interesting. I've seen it for a long time (Venkman's top right shoulder is very noticeable), but always thought it was due to an inconsistent dying or layering of fabric. Just an organic part of making the uniforms.

With the clarity here you can see how symmetrical and structured the pattern is, it's obviously by design. But it was done so subtley you can barely tell in the film, so much that they didn't even bother with it in GBII.

When you know to look for it it becomes more obvious;

In the book, Ghostbusters: The Ultimate Visual History, the original costume designer is said to have wanted the flightsuits to be a "taupe grey", which is a color that borderlines grey and khaki. My guess is that they took the pockets and sleeves off of khaki army surplus and re-cut them with a grey fabric to create a new look for the film.

It's possible that the material aged differently depending on what fabric the sleeves and pockets were cut from, but I've had snowsuits that aged so much that they went from a green to a grey, and the original color was still in the stitch, so the flightsuits original color of khaki is probably right.
Glow in the Dark wrote: September 4th, 2019, 7:02 am Sooo does this mean the GB1 belts were khaki, and not gray? Because I've been obsessing for the past 24 hours on that one detail.
I think the lighting conditions for the auction photo affected the colour grading a little, as reviewing the photographs I'd taken of it yesterday, the stunt belt appears closer to white/light grey rather than khaki (the suits, as is now becoming common knowledge, are about as Khaki as a modern Nomex, not a hint of grey in them - the likely product of the lighting equipment and the film stock).

Cole Funstuff wrote: September 11th, 2019, 3:03 pmWould it be possible for you to try and snap a couple specific photos of the trap:
Cole, here's what I was able to get:

*Lower front section where the L-bracket is holding the cartridge in (hopefully this reveals what you were looking for, unfortunately the back of the Trap was angled away, and going too far to the left left it obscurred by Dan's GB1 flightsuit):

*Area on the side where the "battery" box attaches to the handle plate:

*Bottom view of the trap where the bearing wheels bolt into:

*Bottom views of the pedal showing the feet

[*] Below the vector plate on the pedal where the tubing terminates (did you mean the pneumatic tubes, or the bellows? I'm afraid that I didn't get a shot of the underside of the plate where the bellows connected, sorry. :()

*Any other interior shots of the cartridge if the trap is open (specifically the sides and bottom)

One of the Propstore staff enquired about whether the Trap could be removed for a closer look, but her request was turned down. The Trap was displayed in the middle of the case, which was packed in with two costume-adorned mannequins on each side, and only opened at the sides, meaning a lot of disassembly would've been required to bring it out. :(
Glenn Frederick wrote: September 11th, 2019, 4:06 pm I know it isn't a top priority but I am interested about that key fob on the belt.
Unfortunately I wasn't able to get much in the way of photo reference of the keyfob :(. The belt was curled up on a transparent shelf high up in the display case, preventing me from easily taking any overhead shots, and obscurring the underneath shots. Here's the best I was able to achieve:

And regarding how the patches were attached:
Those things are notorious for looking completely different colours on camera depending on the lighting.
Even original light khaki m1936 belts and pouches have that issue.

Must be something with the way that shade absorbs and refracts the light , much like the khaki suits.

It seems almost impossible to accurately portray how they look to the naked eye because of it.

This is the same belt in natural light and incandescent light. ImageImage
Kingpin, Glenn Frederick, Theoderic and 1 others liked this

Just seen this thread add me JudgeGerry to London

Proton Props UK

I would like to apologise to everyone for the dela[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

How feasible would it be for Hasbro to release &[…]

Proton Props???

Ugly Little Spud, Did you actually get the pack? I[…]