As the Covid-19 pandemic continues to unfold and impact services and industry around the globe, Sony has chosen to follow suit with Universal, Paramount and Disney in opting to reschedule the release of Ghostbusters Afterlife for next year, in the hope that circumstances will be closer, if not back to normal.

Ghostbusters: Afterlife will now be released on Friday March 5th, 2021, as reported by Variety. Whilst this development will come as a disappointment to many, we have to remember that the first and most important priority is public safety, and helping to reduce the ability for Covid-19 to spread any further.

Moderator Note: This is not an April Fool's joke.
I'm sad it came to this but it's for the best. I wouldn't have gone anyway if it still released this summer. It's not a bad idea either to wait until this all blows over. When people can finally go out in public in large gatherings again the movies may be packed. Granted I could also see people still being concerned and staying home for extended periods, so who knows. As long as the movie gets a fair shot instead of being doomed due to the pandemic making everyone afraid.
Kingpin liked this
I'm glad it's not currently planned for an online release. Sitting in the cinema is just a whole other world of experience to watching it on DVD, and I've been waiting (initially unknowingly, then knowingly) the better part of 30 years to see this in the cinema... I also want the film to be as successful as possible, and I'm not sure releasing it digitally will allow it to reach its fullest potential compared to a theatrical release.

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]

Uniform Tips

Sorry for the triple post (you guys have gotten […]

Proton Props???

Ugly Little Spud, Did you actually get the pack?[…]