By KoCo
TWO PAGES!

Well, I decided to scrap my blower's gun and rebuild it more accurately, based on ThrowingChicken's measurements.

I started with the U-handle.

Here's a picture of the original:

Here are the changes I had to make to the Multimedia Mayhem one:

1. Round out the corners on the U's sides.
2. Make a new mounting plate beneath it. This must be duel-leveled as shown in the picture, where it steps up just behind the hose clamp.
3. Cut the sides off the bottom of the "U", and weld them on, as opposed to just having a bend. (This will likely be done in the future)

Here is a picture of mine, as it stands now:

I cut the mounting plate out of my old gun's body to ensure it is round and about the correct diameter. A new body is arriving shortly, which will be thicker and much more accurate.

I also painted up the old strap hardware:

Updates to come!
By Hammer
By redfive1973
Supporting Member
Sweet build!
By KoCo
As many of you might already know via Facebook, I have officially ID'd the correct green lights used on both the slime blower gun as well as the larger project box which sits to the right of the main tank.

I will soon be selling mine below market value, as I want to make my investment back.

Details to follow!

I'll be updating this thread with all of my recent purchases for the blower within the next week. I just got excited about this one, as it's been a long search for these.

Up next, some accurate strap clips! ;)
By KoCo
The build continues!

It's been a little while since I posted an update, but that's because it's all been boring little things.

First of all, I finally made my money back on those lights. I bought a big lot of them, as they were the only ones available on eBay and have been waiting to get my money back on them to post their part number. Drumroll please.

They're Arcolectric LHM628G panel mount lamps.

Second of all, I created a facebook group called "Slime Blower Builders". It's supposed to mimic the R2-D2 Builders Club, and I hope it will act as a quick way to ask questions and discuss things without having to make a big forum post about each individual topic. Join us! https://www.facebook.com/groups/SlimeBlowerBuilders/

Third of all, here are all of the nifty parts I've been gathering:

Accurate strap clips:

Accurate 5/16" Legris straights for the red hose and a "milky" neoprene hose that will be painted red!:

An accurate-shaped ball valve:

An aluminum cone with the correct angle as the screen used nose cone (pictured with MMM's steel nose cone):

An 4.5" OD aluminum tube:

And to top that all off, I even received and installed the accurate elbow and reducer on my red ball finally.

I also ended up printing out my own modified blueprints courtesy of Throwing Chicken. He did all the leg-work. I just tweaked a few things to make it more accurate. I'd show you the full image, but it has all of his measurements on it.

I ALSO made up some blueprints on the screen-used "pump boxes"/OEM power supplies.

Now that I've got about everything I need, I'll start building. I'll make sure to update this thread as progress is made.
Thanks for looking!
ESpengler84 liked this
By KoCo
INFORMATION IS OUT OF DATE, DO NOT USE FOR YOUR BUILD

I just got done blueprinting out some accurate blower heat sinks for the Oeco "pump box" power supplies!

I intend to 3D print these and add them to my blower at some point this year.

By KoCo

After studying the heat sinks, I'm convinced that both boxes are the same size, with only discrepancies in perhaps the bends on the strips you mount them with, as well as misalignment of holes causing one to look bigger.
The bends on the bottom right and left are kind of complicated. The dotted line is where the bend starts and ends, the solid line represents where the most bent point of it is. Do not cut there.
I plan to print these out full scale and etch them onto some brass, so I really only needed one measurement to get the scaling correct.
Everything is to scale though if you want to go in and measure everything.

By KoCo
Updates coming soon (finally).

In the meantime, here's this cool little image. These parts were made by Heavy Props (Crix here on the boards). Mash that "like" button on Facebook if you haven't already. https://www.facebook.com/HeavyProps/

Next up, a ball valve handle and cutting up my main gun tube.
By KoCo
Well, finally some progress has been made! I'm gonna try to get this gun done as soon as possible so I can start refurbishing the slime blower, itself.

First, I cut down the 4.5" pipe on the bandsaw. The two caps fit nicely after some grinding.

Then I decided it was time to paint the back end cap and get the matte finish I wanted on the nose cone.
I painted the end cap with some black semi gloss paint, masking off areas I wanted chipped. I was going for a worn look so I hit it with some steel wool afterward.
The nose cone, I polished with a brillo pad and some lubricant.

Next up, I drilled out all the holes on the sides of the slime blower gun. I haven't had the chance to pick up the hardware for them yet. That'll have to wait until the next update.

I then decided it was time to face my greatest fear: cutting the trench for the ball valve handle. I also wanted to see how those little green lights looked on the gun, so I drilled that hole as well.

That little "ON ->" sign is present on at least one of the screen used guns, to remind the actors and prop master which way to turn the valve to activate the spray.

All my measurements on the ball valve handle and the trench for it will be available in the near future.

Thanks for looking! More updates are on the way!
By bishopdonmiguel
Supporting Member
Love this build!
KoCo liked this
By KoCo
Time for an update!

I've been preparing to build the internals for this project. It's gonna be a heavy beast, but it'll mostly be for display, so oh well.

I went ahead and started on the nozzle. I ordered two small steel tubes, one slightly shorter and thinner than the other. I heated the large one, and was able to expand it just enough to hammer the smaller one inside. Once cooled, the two became inseparable. I wanted to go with steel, as I want to eventually replicate the rusty look of this tube.

I then took a 1.5" disc of aluminum, and drilled all the holes needed. I created the notches with a dremmel sanding drum. This was done sort of haphazardly, as none of the notches on the real deal are symetrical or evenly spaced. Finally, I tapered the whole thing toward the back with my disc sander.

Here's the evolution of my blower nozzles over the years. The left is an old MMM one, the middle is a styrene one I made, and the far right is the latest and greatest.

I couldn't find a flanged castle nut that looked right to go on the end, so I made a "close enough" one out of a metal skirt and a normal castle nut, which I ground down a bit.

And here it is assembled and test fitted into the front of the gun!

I'm pretty satisfied with this part. It's something I've been wanting to get right, and I think I have.
Hanotron, Kingpin liked this
By KoCo
robandliv wrote:Do you remember were you bought your bollards? I am starting to collect parts and that looks the best way to make the Tanks.

The main tank was found on eBay. Sadly, they sold out shortly thereafter. I want to say the larger side tank bollard cover is readily available on Amazon. I want to say it was 5" ID. They're not cheap, but they're worth it.

PeteVenkman1996 wrote:This is...this Is beautiful!!! Im definitely using this thread as reference when I build my own!

Thank you for the kind words, I'm glad I could help!

Hanotron wrote:Hey mate do you still have the file you used to make the stamps for the pump boxes?

My laptop is sadly still down. I haven't forgotten about your request.
How would you fix GB2016?

To add the icing on the cake is to have Him revea[…]

I have that problem. I bolted an s hook on the gun[…]

GBFans Shop Feedback

AJ just messaged me. He's working on the orders. G[…]

Looks great! Can we see a side and back view of yo[…]