By Kingpin
Over the last year or so, a few keen-eyed forum members have noticed a really small trickle of photographs of one of the real Slime Blower props from Ghostbusters II.

What fewer people may've been aware of is that these photos originated from a large collection of images that Brent Kling (Cyland) had taken... and had decided not to pass on to the community.

I became aware of this collection a little while after he decided to part ways with this forum, but I didn't reveal the information as a promise to another member of this forum.

However, as Brent has since uploaded a gallery of photos to his website, I consider the unofficial embargo null and void.

Dig in, gentlemen, and make sure you save them... Cyland may just as quickly decide to remove the gallery:

Slimeblower Prop Photographs
By jackdoud
To clarify, Brent didn't take these pictures personally. I may be wrong about that but that's neither here nor there. These pictures were taken at the Sony archives and given to Terminal Reality as reference material while they were working on GBTVG. I pushed to get these pictures up here but since there was never an "official" release these pictures are still considered property of TR/Sony and couldn't legally be shared with the public without the site potentially getting into trouble.

They have been available for a while now at various places around the internet but it was never brought up here for the reason above. I'm not sure what's changed but I'm glad that these are becoming public knowledge as these pictures hold info that is literally nowhere else. They were used to make the slimeblower labels pdf, ID the brass fittings the project boxes and the Leopard tank parts.
Cheers for this.This will be a tremendous help for all the GBfans in the (Workshop)...but for me this will be a big help for my Mattel Zeddemore & Stantz 12" and 6" figures i always like to be a perfectionist when it comes down to detail as i'm sure the rest of you do :) thanks again.
Thank you very much for the info KP!

Might I suggest moving this thread to the Equipment > Slimeblower section where it would be the most effective? I only found this thread because of the way the GBFans phone app organizes threads. When I got home to try to find it via the website I couldn't. I eventually had to back-track it through your profile.
Remember, the reason that these photos weren't posted before is because of what Jack already stated. These weren't taken by some random fan of a prop on display.

I'm not sure that "Well, Cyland did it, so it's okay now" is the best logic here.
By Kingpin
ChapterMasterTu'Shan wrote:I'm not sure that "Well, Cyland did it, so it's okay now" is the best logic here.
That analogy would be appropriate if we had decided to specifically host the photos at GBFans in addition to their being hosted at Cyland's, but that hasn't happened yet, and may never.

If the photos get pulled because the powers that be decided to pull them, then we'll approach that if and when it happens.

Now that the topic's been up for a few days, I'll now move it to the Slimeblower section.
By AJ Quick
Lets not make this into a anti-CylandProps thread. Most of us know what he did, and what his motives were. Lets just leave it at that.

Besides. I'm still waiting for his prop shop to open up. Coming next year in 2012!
jackdoud liked this

Now that we at SAGB have actually got through our […]

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal el[…]

I have not heard of this. On the Matty PKE, if the[…]

Hard to tell if it’s an actual black fligh[…]