By Ecto79
So i haven't thrown my hat in the ring with building anything in about 6-7 years . My last stop was my Ghost trap, which when i look back at it now was way to big and weighed about 20 lbs lol. So i recruited the help of my old man because, he helped me with my pack back when and it only felt right to help with he slime blower.

We decided to Use Both Slimer 7's and The collaborative plans as reference, in this project. Also GBash who's a friend of mine let me Borrow his Slime Blower as a size reference as well. WHILE I DO NOT INTEND THIS TO BE A 100% ACCURATE PROJECT I do hope it respectfully represents the slime blower.

Here are the early stages of getting things cut, for the pump boxes, and other nessacary compartments on the blower. We also made the base as well.

While we did Use a Nail gun/ JB weld and Bondo on this project we also used some Liquid nail to reinforce some of the seams on the boxes.

A little Pump Box Fabrication action.

I originally wanted to Use a 9in carpet tube i snagged form the hotel i worked at when they were changing their rugs int he rooms. But in fear of it not being sturdy enough and having things screwed into it and bolted I opted for an 8" piece of PVC.

I felt much more happy with this change in plans

My dad and i were scratching our heads as to what the hell to use for the domes on the tanks. I kept saying to use bowls and things that would of worked but just wouldnt look as ice as they should of. Then my dad said LOOK if we are doing this project and putting so much TLC into it, we might as well do it right. So after a couple days searching the endless reaches of the internet. He Bought these bad boys. They took a few weeks to come in. But my god are they awesome.

We ended up sanding down the flange that' s on them to make them fit correctly on the tanks.

So after we sanded down the edges, they fit like a glove! So we took some bondo and went around the edges and threw these puppies together. Image

After they dried and weren't going anywhere, we skim coated everything in bondo that way we would have a nice even surface to sand and make them look mighty purty.

We also skim coated the base and the other boxes as well for sanding
I used Norton 3x grade sand paper to do all the nessacary sanding.

All sanded down and ready to go, for priming and painting WOOT

But Before we primed and painted we wanted to make sure we got the correct way we wanted to mount these suckers. We used some Pieces of metal and we cut and sledged them to size. We also used some self tappers and i forgot what they are called but the screws with the clamps on them to keep things snug. (See why i the chef and my dads a contractor lol).

There They are all pretty maids all in a row lol. All primed and ready for actual color on them. Image
I was a little worried about them hanging from the tape like that.....but whats the worse that could happen right?!?!?!....WRONG lol. The tank on the right, the tape broke and the bottom dome smashed a good chunk out of the bottom. But nothing a little bondo couldn't fix.

This Time around we opted for something a little more sturdier. First few coats of pain are on the tanks and the base. We also sprayed some clear coat on them this way it would give them nice shine, plus no fingerprints lol.

We also painted the pump boxes and drilled the holes for the correct pattern on them, Seeing as these were made out of wood and not the metal real deal.
I know each box is missing a row of holes under the main spot where the hose goes into, but thats cool with me. I love how they turned out!

Probably the biggest thing we didn't know what to used, was for the Aux sphere connecting to the pump box. We tried filling a toy ball with spray foam, we try Styrofoam, craft foam. But we finally went to the craft store again and found a 3 tiered craft tree that you could decorate and the middle ball was a perfect 6" and we said BINGO!. So we bought it and took what we needed.We then Skim coated it in bondo and sanded it down and left it to dry with another coat.

So today i had a day off, So my dad and I did some mounting with the finished painted tanks.....and man and i one excited guy! I love the way this thing is turning out!

I also have purchased the boxes for the gun from Nick-a-Tron, as well as heat sinks. I know they are pack heat sinks but i have an extra one at the house and will modify them to my liking and use them. I also bought the project boxes that house the lights from the GB fans shop as well as the Grip for the handle. So Far this build is over the span of a month and a half, and i'm excited to continue and look forward to sharing my progress with you fine people! I have so many more progress pictures almost step by step but i don't want to go to crazy with the pictures haha.

Oh and here is the light kit i bought from eBay, off of Jupiter electronics. Sadly it doesn't fit in the box provided buy the gbfans shop. But i' m going to fabricate on myself anyways.

I'm excited to share this project with you guys! and feel free to comment or give me suggestions that would help, with anything i may encounter while building this piece of slime awesomeness. I hope to update soon!
Kingpin, Ecto716 liked this
We found them online. I'll have to check and post where my old man found them. I believe this is the sight, http://www.eztopsworldwide.com/domes.htm I know they are the domes that go over security cameras in department stores, offices, etc. I'll tell ya this much they weren't cheap. We selected this site out of many, because their increments in inches are pretty vast with their domes. But man are they amazing quality, and they look gorgeous once applied properly to the tanks.
Thanks for the compliment and feedback Ecto-1D. I agree definitely get together and throw some pics of our equipment on the FB page. Sadly we hit a little snag In the progress of the blower too. Our tanks have to move over a few inches to the right. We tried to attach the right pump box but it doesn't sit center flush with the right tank. It's off center about an inch and a half :x But it's definitely fixable. Only about 30 mins worth of work. Then we will be back on track.
Thanks a bunch ecto85! I never realized the real amount of fabrication, that goes into this kind of project. That or I just couldn't remember from 8 years ago when I built my pack. But I know the end product will be very rewarding. I'll definitely have to check your photos out when you start your post as well. I wish you the best of luck also.
We took a month hiatus on the build. With work we just haven't had a chance to work ok the blower. We have the left pump box (if your looking at it from the back) mounted. But when we went to mount the other we found out that the tanks aren't off set enough and the box doesn't sit center flush with the tank. So we have to shift the tanks over..but I hope to have this done before our groups next event in December. So check back soon lol.
Ok So its been a while since i last posted about my Slime Blower. We are closer than ever on this sucker. Just have to add the LEDs and the Lights on top of the Side Tanks, Also switch out the wrong heat sinks with the new ones and we are golden!

My old man and I tried to finish this thing before our groups (The Buffalo Ghostbusters) event on December 6th. But alas it didn't turn out that way. But i said oh what the hell, and decided to take it out for a Beta test run HAHA.

So here are some pictures(I'm very sorry that they are so huge!), feel free to check em out and let me know what ya think. Remember, this isn't intended to be 100% to every detail.

Front View....man i'm ugly LMAO!

Back View, with obvious wrong heat sinks which will be changed.

Proper Heat Sinks that i bought from China off of Ebay

Had to add these 2 pictures!

THE BUFFALO GHOSTBUSTERS... -1 (Dr. Paul Zoda / GBash couldn't make it)

Oh and of course...The Gear!

So let me know what you guys think. I will be posting more pictures once the LEDs are done and of course final completion.

Im also starting on a vest as well, so wish me luck!
twmedford23 liked this
Why thank you very much! I've learned that patience is key when putting together a project such as this. But the end result is worth it. Oh and the Door is pretty sweet. The comic shop we were at have a plethora of homages to comics movies and pop culture, inside the store.
Well a little more progress so far and i can honestly say this bad boy is almost completely done. Slow and steady wins the race is definitely a proper term for this build as it was started in July of last year. I couldn't be happier with the results so far, and lets just say you tend to forget how much work goes into these things after not building one for a while.

We had to fix a little bit of battle damage to the Aux. Ball after tripping up some stairs carrying it to our event back in December. As you can see on the right we have J.b Welded in place the new heatsinks. Which look 100% better than our previous temporary ones we had.

Here is the view of the opposite Heatsink that we installed as well. (soeey for the blurry picture)

We finally got around to installing the lights for the top of the green side tanks on the blower. Now we did not have access to the normal screen accurate lights, So what we did was use Small LED Head lamp lights from Cabelas. All we did was cut the straps and used a heat gun to flatten out the curved base that they were sitting on. Good thing with these is they are powered by small watch batteries, so we don't have to worry about running power to them at all. As you can see they are very bright. Another ting too is we were afraid that if we drilled into the top of the tanks, the pressure would be a little more than we bargained for and were afraid the would crack. So what we did was, we had small brackets out of Aluminum stock (very light weight) and colored them half grey half green this way we could camo it into the design of the blower. Plus it helps the back tubing covers 90% of them. Then we just used small self tappers and attached it to the side of the main tank and to the base of each light. Once again sorry for the blurry picture, oh and the lights are level with each other its just a bad angle.

This next piece of this project im quite proud of...well my old man and I lol. I can't leave him out. I bought my light kit from Jupiter electronics on eBay and it turned out the board was too long for the box from gbfans. So we knew we had to fabricate a custom box to fit the board properly. So what we did was we bought a very large electrical box, and took a dremel tool and cut the longer sides of the box off, sanded them down and glued and bondo-ed them together and painted it to make our custom box.

Now here she is in the fitting stage on the almost completed box.

We also had to do a little repair on the gun, I keep the blower stored at my parents house because my wife said there is no room at ours...which there really isn't lol 90% of all my gb collectibles are taking up space here haha. But my mother went into the basement and knocked my blower gun on the floor and BAM snapped the handle and barrel of the gun right off. But no bigge we just went ahead and fixed it.

And lastly for now, i seen on one of the Slime Blower forums (i can't remember which one) but someone bought shrink fabric for their hoses. So i figured what the hell. Ill do the same and went ahead and got some off of ebay that they recommended.
Here we are test fitting a piece before we commit and make sure it shrinks down enough in size.

Well that's all for now, i cant wait to share more with you guys! Once again let me know what you think and don't be shy with comments and suggestions!
jackdoud, Kingpin liked this
OK more progress! Now all thats left to be done would be the head rest and some paint touch ups on the gun. But all in all this bad boy is 98% DONE! lol 8 long months of patience and hard work. Let's just say i learned the true meaning of fabrication from this project. But i hope you enjoy these pictures! Check em out and please feed back is encouraged!

We ended up shrink wrapping fabric around the hoses. We are going to wait till they cool and try the heat gun on them again to maybe get them a little tighter onto the hoses.

Here is the finished box for the blowers power cell. Vast difference from the unfinished photo above. We bought the correct gbfans lenses for the LEDs as well. The Smaller box LEDs aren't working because of faulty LEDs, so we bought new ones to replace them.

The mounting process was quite the fun one. We ended up cutting and fabricating a bracket out of aluminum and screw one side of the bracket into the main tanks and other into the green tank. The box is secured with small screws and a washer.

The next pictures are just some various shots of the blower from each side, and of course with me wearing the sucker. I have to say DAMN THIS IS HEAVY! lol its definitely heavier than my proton pack.

With the LEDs we ended up giving each set their own switch and power source. This way it wouldn't all drain from one battery. The power cell is a 9v, Smaller box lights are a 12v and same goes for the light on the gun.

WARNING UGLY MUG INCOMING! :sigh:

If anyone wants to see the power cell in action click on the link for a small video of me wearing this monster. Its nothing much, but i figured i would post it anyways.
http://vid227.photobucket.com/albums/dd ... 47.mp4.mp4

I will update once the head rest is complete and minor touch up painting is done. I hope to hear from you guys! Feel free to comment and let me know what you think.
Thank you very much methos2523! There were times when I wanted to get this thing done asap. But in the long run taking our time definetly paid off.
Over the weekend I had the opportunity to wear my slime blower to the Buffalo NY Motorama in my home town. The Ect-OHIO was there and was a beautiful sight to see for sure. Only thing missing is the head pad on my blower and exhaust vents on the front of the barrel.

Some of our friends of the Ghostbusters of Rochester NY came out too. It was an awesome time and we have decided to do more joint group events down the road.
twmedford23 liked this
One small addition to the blower so its looking goof for the Niagara Falls Comic Con. The Head Pad has been fabricated, using grey and black fabric and some pillow stuffing. i did 7"x 2.25" x 7". I cut each piece of fabric individually and sewed the trim on the middle length portion of the fabric then went around and sewed both front and back pillow pieces onto portion with the trim. Then once that was done, the stuffing fun began and sewn up the rest of the pillow. It is securely fashioned with some sticky back Velcro.

and for @#$%s and giggles here is a back shot with the lights on.

Remember feedback is always welcome and encouraged :)
twmedford23 liked this
Wellllllll.... I'm just gonna keep this handy for when I go to build one of these bad boys. Right after I finish my first pack.

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

EDIT: Accidentally left out a chunk in chapter one[…]