Write a quick introduction to introduce yourself.
By deejeerie
Hi! I'm Dionne but go by Dee in many circles. I'm an artist, crafter and fairly nerdy. My art studio is in Cuyahoga falls at Studio 2091 Mothersbaugh.

I instantly and completely became obsessed with Holtzmann's character. I wasn't sure about having women in the reboot but was gonna come into it with an open mind. I wish they had not gone with the beefcake, Kevin angle and removed the safety light line but other than that adored the film.

I have begun the process of creating a Feig pack. I created the file I will use for my motherboard. We have a place in Akron called Akron Maker space that I will utilize to fabricate and weld my parts. My newly learned LED lighting and coding is gonna really come in handy!! The elusive hand grips will likely be custom casted rubber. I have not cast rubber yet but have experience casting resin.

I really look forward to entering a new community of creative minds.

HI!
By abaddon5
This is one great thing about the remake: not to sound sexist, but women basically now have a Ghostbusters team that's *theirs*. It's something that can really make the female members of these fan teams really pop. New exciting pack builds will really add something!
By deejeerie
abaddon5 wrote:This is one great thing about the remake: not to sound sexist, but women basically now have a Ghostbusters team that's *theirs*. It's something that can really make the female members of these fan teams really pop. New exciting pack builds will really add something!
First, please know that I am not trying to be defensive with you. If it comes off that way, I'm sorry.

I never really needed a "team" that had girl parts, to be passionate about them. This reboot happened at the right time for me and Holtzmann will be easy for me to pull off. (Other than the doctorate, I have a ton of Holtzmann characteristics.)

Unfortunately in the Cosplay world there are gender expectations. My son's girlfriend Cosplays as male characters for the most part. She has to deal with a ton of gender crap. Hopefully people can learn to relax about the gender thing or creatives can learn to shrug off the negativity. Until then, similar to what you said, this does give some women an opening to create awesome art that mimics their own gender, ones who may have felt awkward going as a male character.

I am so glad that the characters were not represented as decoration but instead actual people trying to do a job. :-) That ROCKS!
By Skyknight
deejeerie wrote:Unfortunately in the Cosplay world there are gender expectations. My son's girlfriend Cosplays as male characters for the most part. She has to deal with a ton of gender crap. Hopefully people can learn to relax about the gender thing or creatives can learn to shrug off the negativity. Until then, similar to what you said, this does give some women an opening to create awesome art that mimics their own gender, ones who may have felt awkward going as a male character.
But from what I know it's pretty common in cosplay. I go to a lot of anime conventions and about 70% of the people there are females and roughly half of them cosplays as male characters. It's really normal. Nobody gives a crap! At least not the convention goers. I don't know about outsiders they meet on their way to the con. Now, a guy that cosplays as a woman is more rare to find, but also accepted.
I'm in Germany, so I don't know if the people in Ohio are more stuck up than here, but you'll always find some who'll hate and some who'll like. But here, in the end of the day, the haters are in the minority!
deejeerie liked this
deejeerie wrote:
DarkSpectre wrote:Welcome from the Southeast Ohio Ghostbusters
Thank you DarkSpectre. :-) Are you Columbus, Youngstown or lower like Marietta? I'm near Akron.
Cambridge/Byesville Area. So about 45 mins from Marietta.
deejeerie liked this
By abaddon5
deejeerie wrote:
abaddon5 wrote:This is one great thing about the remake: not to sound sexist, but women basically now have a Ghostbusters team that's *theirs*. It's something that can really make the female members of these fan teams really pop. New exciting pack builds will really add something!
First, please know that I am not trying to be defensive with you. If it comes off that way, I'm sorry.

I never really needed a "team" that had girl parts, to be passionate about them. This reboot happened at the right time for me and Holtzmann will be easy for me to pull off. (Other than the doctorate, I have a ton of Holtzmann characteristics.)

Unfortunately in the Cosplay world there are gender expectations. My son's girlfriend Cosplays as male characters for the most part. She has to deal with a ton of gender crap. Hopefully people can learn to relax about the gender thing or creatives can learn to shrug off the negativity. Until then, similar to what you said, this does give some women an opening to create awesome art that mimics their own gender, ones who may have felt awkward going as a male character.

I am so glad that the characters were not represented as decoration but instead actual people trying to do a job. :-) That ROCKS!
I didn't take it as you being defensive, but I don't think that I was quite clear enough in my original post. I was only trying to say that it's basically like female X-Men characters: women don't have to change things for things like costumes. That said, I would have no problem with men building a pack and uniform like the ones used in the remade Ghostbusters movie. But, in many ways, women are underrepresented in many ways.

Awesome! It's a complex but very fun build... Went[…]

Just to throw my experience in there. I've bough[…]

I haven't had Xbox Live for a while, but I'm consi[…]

I cut out the middleman and sprayed my pack and ba[…]