Write a quick introduction to introduce yourself.
By Westinghouse
Hi everyone.
So - I finally got my ass in gear and registered for the GBFans forum. I’m not sure why it took me so long, this place seems to be the go-to for any GB related queries.

Like many people the world over, I’ve grown up with ghostbusters. I think as a kid I must have seen the films before I saw the “Real Ghostbusters” but I don’t recall it. Anyway - I was a huge fan of the cartoon as a kid. Naturally I had all the figures, the ecto-1, the helicopter (I think), the VW Beetle and so on. Having seen that people are now after these - I wish I’d taken better care of them. But that’s the benefit of 20-20 hindsight, and when you’re a 7 yr old with an imagination and a rambunctious dog - many figures didn’t survive.
Weirdly - the one thing that stuck with me is the “new toy” or “rubbery” smell of the pizza slice that came with Slimer.

Anyway. Grew up. Adored the films. I know GB2 doesn’t get the love it deserves but I’ve never been able to differentiate it as I see it as an attachment of the original - and therefore I find it difficult to see its flaws.

I won’t air my views on the reboot as I know it’s a sensitive subject.

My biggest gripe with the GB franchise - though - is the whitewashing. Wether it’s tshirts or posters, or those awesome vinyl idolZ toys - Winston is STILL missing!

Anyway. I do a bit of living history and educational stuff to do with WW2 and one day, on eBay, I stumbled across a Nomex flight suit. A 27/P. And it was in my size!! For £40 - perfect condition !! So naturally I had it. And patched it up accordingly for GB1. I got the belt, gloves, elbow pads etc. Thought that would do me. Thought I could leave it at that.

Anyway - now, here I am. Half way through building a Proton Pack and wand. I’ve consulted the excellent photos on GBFans (the Sony pack pics) and so thought I’d at least register and say hi, seeing as I’ve been using the resources - it’d be rude not too!

Anyway - I bought a shitty gizmo off eBay at the start. Once I’ve finished the pack, I’m going to look at getting a new gizmo or making a new one. So if anyone had any recommendations - would love to hear from them!

Cheers all and thanks for the great work you’re all doing :-)

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]

I love that. I actually think a better version of […]

Afterlife Ecto Goggles Build

Thank you for posting this information. This is a[…]