Write a quick introduction to introduce yourself.
By karbonbasedlife
Good day, I hope the weather's pleasant wherever you may be.
I'm Chris, but I go by karbonbasedlife online. I've been a Ghostbusters fan since my parents took me to see GB2 in the theater when I was quite young - in fact, it's one of my very earliest memories. The image of the pink slime working its way up through the ground coupled with the opening riff to Flip City still gives me goosebumps to this day.
Grew up on RGB, had the Kenner toys, geeked out on XGB when I learned it was a thing. Gave GB2016 a shot, and while it wasn't what it was cracked up to be, I hold on to hope that it didn't tank the franchise. Just recently discovered that the IDW comics are a thing, so I'm buying those as fast as I can read them. My son is following my footsteps, not by force mind you, and I can't pry him away from RGB on Netflix or his Playmobil firehouse and Ecto.
I recently joined my local franchise, GBNC, after thinking about doing it for a long while; it was when my boy, the only Ghostbuster we saw on Halloween '17, saw an Ecto-1 drive by and I got it to stop for some pictures with him - the way it was, for a moment, REAL to him - that told me I needed to get in so that I could a) hang out with a group of geeks with a shared fandom, b) do great things in my community and show my son how great pitching in can be, and c) keep that magic alive for him indefinitely.
Today, I'm keeping it up as best I can. I'm reading through the 2013 IDW arc. I've got 2 uniforms, a GB2-ish gray and a modern reimagining, and I've got my pet project here in the prop forums, my modern redesign of the proton pack that also boasts considerably more scientific grounding.
Thanks for reading up on me, and I look forward to more fun ahead. -KBL
jpetrutis81 liked this

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]