Write a quick introduction to introduce yourself.
By 5552368
First post. I’m 57 years old and an original fan from 1984. Saw it weekly (or more) that summer, wore out the soundtrack, had the Laserdisc as soon as it was available, and wore that out as well. Not long after it was released, I used the Laserdisc cover to shoot a three-film-positive set for making silkscreens and made my own T-shirts (not to sell, just a few to wear). If I had to guess, like a great many of us here I’ve seen it 100 times at least.

As to my particular brand of fandom; I did not bother watching the 1989 sequel, nor will I ever. It was answering questions I wasn’t asking. It’s not even on my radar and I never give it so much as a thought. Same for the 2016 reboot/reimagine/whatever. It’s just not something I’m interested in seeing. For me, Ghostbusters is a perfect story and film. No need to risk tainting it. As to the coming continuation of the original story, I’m undecided. I may see it, but it’s not a big deal to me.

I have a handful of collectibles, nothing valuable. T-shirts (store bought), Hot Wheels, etc. I drink my daily coffee at the office in my Ghostbusters cup, and the soundtrack- original Bernstein score - is in fairly regular rotation on my iPhone and in my car.

Anyway, that’s it. I’m primarily a lurker as I’m too busy being an admin/mod on a Star Wars board, a regular poster on a Batman66 board, a Doctor Who board, and a motorcycle board. I’ll be reading your many past discussions and maybe some insight into the coming sequel in case I change my mind on it.

See you on the board.
By 5552368
Thank you, sir.

Speaking of Who, I’ll use that to clarify my sequel and reboot feelings. There are only a handful of films where I’ve never considered watching the sequels and it’s because they were far too important to me emotionally to tamper with. I’ve never seen, nor will I ever see the sequels to;
Alien
Blade Runner
Ghostbusters
Back To The Future
Jaws
2001: A Space Odyssey

There are plenty of other films over the years where I’m fine watching sequels. Also, regarding not seeing the 2016 Ghostbusters reboot, that’s strictly an emotional connection to the original, nothing at all with it being women. I’m a very outspoken feminist and champion of women.

As a point; I argued for years (literally) that the Doctor could be a woman and I wanted it to happen. For the post-Wimbledon reveal of Jodie, I will admit to having a lump in my throat from being overcome with joy that the show was getting a much-needed reboot.

I love love love what Jodie’s done with the Doctor and how Chibnall has returned it to more of a 9th - 11th vibe. If you’re on The Who board, I’m 9RT. I’ve been a member for many years. But I’m veering off topic.
By Kingpin
5552368 wrote: March 22nd, 2019, 9:53 pmI’ve never seen, nor will I ever see the sequels to;
Alien
Blade Runner
Ghostbusters
Back To The Future
Jaws
2001: A Space Odyssey
Please do watch Aliens, it's a fantastic sequel to the original, expanding the mythos and character of Ripley. It isn't just a rehash of Scott's film.

I would also highly recommend Back to the Future - Part III, but because the story ties into Back to the Future - Part II, you do have to watch it to understand how the events of the third film come about. The first half of Part II isn't as good as the second part, or as good as Part III, but the second half of Part II and all of Part III really make up for it.

Don't bother with any of the Jaws sequels. And you probably wouldn't enjoy the Alien sequels after Aliens.

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]