Write a quick introduction to introduce yourself.
Hi folks, Mike here. I made an earlier post in the Ecto 1 replica threads. I did that since I found this site because of it....but anyway, I'd like to take a moment to "properly" introduce myself and why I decided to join GBFANS.com

I remember my youth well and what role Ghostbusters played in it....from my many attempts at trying to build GB gear, as well as exchanging letters back when I was a kiddo with Celeste Cooley and Frank Welker. To this day, I still have numbers 1-28 of the original Now Comics "The Real Ghostbusters" in mint still in their protective sleeves, and on occasion like to take them out every now and then. :)

As you can probably tell from my avatar, I'm a big Knight Rider fan as well. ( I guess good things really did come from the 80s) :) Anyway, I'd like to start by saying that this site looks pretty cool, and the topics I've been reading are really making me feel like a kid again. I'd like to share some pics with you folks to kind of share some of my 80s world with you, as well as some of the many things I've attempted to build including GB gear, and my Kitt car, and with any luck.... get some help from you folks about future projects.

Since I do share a love for Ghostbusters, and I don't want you folks to think I'm trying to advertise Knight Rider stuff here... :) I'll share a few GB items I still have and you folks can tell me if I fit in or not. Heh heh...

Below are pics of 4 Proton Packs I made entirely from scratch using "household" items and a vacuforming table. The two packs on the bottom are equiped with MP3 players on the gun, as well as a sub inside the cyclatron. I know these are not screen accurate, but they served their purpose for a fan film me and some friends made, as well as looking great on Halloween.

Like I said, they are all made from scratch.....so given the stuff I used, I don't think they turned out so bad. Below is the initial vacuforming process.

If you want to see them in action in one of our fan films we did, just check the link below.

"Ghostbusters Vs. Predator"
http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseacti ... d=19051013

Moving on to my other love affair.....

Below is a 84 Trans Am I started with back in 1994.

I'll spare you folks the thousands of "in process" pics over the years, but he went from that above, to that below...

My Kitt was assembled entirely by hand from me, and the conversion parts came from Vendors that replicate KR parts for use in a Trans Am. I've gone with the look from season 3 and 4 of Knight Rider. And yes.....he talks :)

And I just dug up the pics below from Halloween last year.....Yah yah...I know, he isn't ecto 1, but that didn't seem to matter then. :)

Well, if you guys have figured it out by now, I'm kind of a lost cause when it comes to sci fi from the 80s, and for me, Ghostbusters is right there at the top. I don't want to keep plastering this thread with all my pics over the years, but I really enjoy trying to build props....(especially when I can't afford to buy the real thing) :) Oh yah, did I mention I'm also a Star Trek and Star Wars nut??

Below is my C3PO in my Kitt.

And probably my best Trek photo I have to share is the one below with Robert Picardo from Voyager sitting in my Kitt car at a local Sci Fi convention.

Ok, I'm probably going way over my limit on how many photos I can share....:) Just wanted to give you folks a peak into my crazy life and show you that Ghostbusters still has room among all the other strange stuff I get into. But while browsing this site and it's topics, I found a guy with a Jurassic Park jeep. I'm sure you folks have seen his pics. Well that's next for me. I'd like to chat with him if he's out there. I think I have a good donor vehicle.

Anyway guys, thanks for letting me introduce myself and I hope I didn't go too overboard here. All my pics and fan films are on two different sites that I've been working on for along time now. I'm not advertising, just sharing. :)

http://www.myspace.com/kni1ght

http://www.myspace.com/carcharodonfilms

I hope to meet some folks here that share the same love of some of the stuff I've listed as much as Ghostbusters.

Thanks again folks.

Peace

Mike
Thanks for the comments. There are tons of pics of the different stages of my Kitt on my pages, I even made a vid or two of me carrying on a conversation with the car. :) I know the GB Proton Pack animation in that movie is a wee bit crude...but it worked. :)

Thanks again.

Mike
Welcome to the boards. Most of the upper-echelon of users here actually welcome non-GB topics and projects with wide open arms since hearing people bickering over whether or not Louis was a REAL gb makes some of us want to GOUGE OUR EYES OUT!

Maybe it's just me. I had to build the jeep in order to escape the gravitational pull of this fandom and reach a lagrange point safe within general sci-fi fandom.

It looks like you have the tools and talent (and patience) to do a JP jeep proud instead of hasty conversion. Feel free to pick away via PM, or the original JP jeep thread is still open for discussion and add-ons.

Again, welcome!
Umm, this is off topic. Bragging and pic posting is encouraged! MORE PICS!

Make long elaborate posts with lots of pics. As long as its in off topic, you should be ok.

Nice KITT also.

I am curious to know more about it. When and how it talks. Does it have William Daniels' voice?

I think you should post tons of pics and tell the story. You obviously worked very hard, and deserve a place to brag it up. Either way, no one will be pissed or disrupted by it. POST AWAY!

Welcome to the best GB website...ever.
:cool:
Chris
I'll be happy to give a tour of all my Kitt processes as well as what it took to make my proton packs and other goodies, but I have a question for you Boomer. Where did you find the decals for your JP Jeep? And the other question, did you go with fiberglass fender flares when you did your painting? Just a curiosity. :) It's been kind of a late night for me, and I have a car show to go to tomorrow with Kitt. I'll add to this topic tomorrow with many more pics, and I hope I don't screw up your guys bandwidth. :)

Peace all....chat at you tomorrow.

Mike
You guys are cool. :) Thanks for the info on the Jeep Boomer. I had a feeling that either a flex additive would be added for those flares, or something different would have had to be done. I'm having a buddy at a local paint and body shop help me with almost all of the paint work. I don't like doing body work if I can help it. I'm trying to see if he can have my Jeep ready by the end of June. I'm not so sure about those wheels though. I've grown accustomed to mine, and I'm not sure if they should get painted. May just look for a stock set if it comes to that. June is important for me because I'm hosting a gathering in the Oklahoma area on the last weekend of that month. Other than just scifi, I have a love for Star Cars from TV and the movies. I'm getting a great response from a few folks in the area, as well as some friends online. I'll share the flyer with you folks too. :)

How cool would it to be to add an Ecto 1 to the list. :) A local Knight Rider buff and friend of mine just aquired a 59 cadi ambulance. But it's all black. He wants me to help him Ecto 1 it out. Not sure how quickly that project is going to take off, but when it does, be sure I'll share the process with you all.

And the question about my Kitt's voice........ well, I do that two different ways. My Kitt dash has a laptop tied in underneath with two software titles running on it. Dragon Naturally Speaking, and Kitt Talk De. Working together, they allow me to program in voice recognition and have the responses be whatever voice file I want. I made a video of it on my myspace page last year when I was first trying it out. It was before my dash was fully finished, but the test worked great. Check it out..

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseacti ... id=8476524

Once again, it was great chatting on this board. Thanks for sharing folks and making me feel welcome here. Talk to you guys soon.

Peace all.

Mike

I have this week commenced my most ambitious proje[…]

I haven't had Xbox Live for a while, but I'm consi[…]

I cut out the middleman and sprayed my pack and ba[…]

I'm hoping we'll see another set when the next F[…]