Post pics of work in progress or to your fan art here on Ghostbusters Fans.
Hi Sergio, this looks amazing, and I would buy/build this in a heartbeat if it becomes an official set, or when you release the LDD. :)

My only questions is will this be compatible with the official Ecto 1 release? Do the doors open, and if so how wide are they? The official Ecton 1 looks like it will need a width of 10 bricks to fit through the doors, however your doors look to be only 8 bricks wide? The official car looks to be about 8 bricks wide, but when you include the side ladder you will probably need 2 bricks extra to clear the doors.
PssdffJay wrote:Supported the project!! Let's get this official!
Jeah ;) Many many Thanks!
orlego wrote:Thank you Sergio! @Jay: Absolutely! I've told all of my Lego friends about this project as well.
Great share it and spread it to the world. Big Thanks :)
Deadmike wrote:Awesome built, just brilliant :-) really want to build this!
Thanks ;) if it does not go on the Lego official way, then the other... stay tuned
omegaman wrote:Hi Sergio, this looks amazing, and I would buy/build this in a heartbeat if it becomes an official set, or when you release the LDD. :)

My only questions is will this be compatible with the official Ecto 1 release? Do the doors open, and if so how wide are they? The official Ecton 1 looks like it will need a width of 10 bricks to fit through the doors, however your doors look to be only 8 bricks wide? The official car looks to be about 8 bricks wide, but when you include the side ladder you will probably need 2 bricks extra to clear the doors.
Thanks omegaman, yes the doors opens. I made it extra wider than it would be proportionately correct, for the official lego ecto-1 (Unfortunately I have no details of the car). I hope it fits through. Otherwise, I can do some little changes to fit. I look tonight after work. I thought it would be 10 bricks, currently I can not remember...
---- UPDATE ----

I realized that I made a small error counting the number of parts.
The amount of parts needed is (without improvements):

------------ 2751 Parts -------------

I had to order more than 3000 parts because they existed only in 50 or 100 bags in some shops. which has now confused me all the time. And I could have, look up the number of parts in the Lego designer. Well, you never stop learning...

And basically, it's positive that there are less :)

Here are a few pictures along with the official Lego Haunted House, Now I need only the Ecto-1 and the Mini-Figures

Ghostbusters, Here we go!
Finally i have finished the instructions and improvements.

On my New GB-Site you can download the Lego Digital Designer File (.ldd), PDF instructions and a Part-List for an order trough BrickLink.com. - And the best part... it's free! ;)

Download-Link: http://www.swissgb.ch/lego-gb/

I hope you like it ;)

Thanks for your support, feedbacks and any donation, whether big or small will be really really appreciated.
Sergio
joeghostbuster liked this
hey guys,
small update on the interior of the Firehouse - which wall color you like more at the containment unit part? (Brick-Yellow or Dark Stone Grey?). As you can see, the bathroom can easy be removed entire to get to the bedroom. Have gone more ahead, as can be seen in the picture...

work in progress:
1st Floor: Kitchen, dining table, Arcade, Two beds - no more space :(... and a removable bathroom-modul
2nd Floor: Egon's - lab, TV & couch chill-area, pool Table
BIG UPDATE! :)

The Lego Ghostbusters Headquarter is now completely finished. I present to you the full playable interior design.

Ground Floor:

- Flight Suit Cabins with removable Uniforms
- fireman's pole (playable)
- Janine's Desk (here will be another desk-phone added) and maybe the alarm button
- Peter's Desk
- Alarm Bell
- lighting ( missing here Cyclinder Hemisphere 2 x 2 with Cutout)
- and many more details

Basement:

- The Containment Unit is attached to the opening wall, so this is more like a basement.
The stairs could be to get down to the basement or to the first floor, anyone can play on his way...

1st Floor

- Kitchen and dining area with many details
- Arcade area
- Bedroom
- removable bathroom (not seen in this rendering - already built)
- removable stairs to the 2nd Floor (not seen in this rendering - already built)
- fireman's pole hole (railing must be installed, not possible in the LDD)

2nd Floor

- Egon's Lab with many great thinks
- Analysis apparatus and computer attached to the head of Louis "The Keymaster" Tully
- Rack to keep the Ghost-Traps or other equipment
- Alarm Bell (otherwise you can not hear the alarm from below ;)
- Pool Table
- Couch and TV Area
- fireman's pole hole (railing must be installed, not possible in the LDD)

The Roof is removable
and many more details and moving elements distributed over all floors

Next step will be to order all the needed parts and build the whole thing in real. I'm looking forward to the result.
Once I have tested it in real I'll put the new LDD file online.

Have Fun. And see you soon
Don't forget to support this Project on Lego Ideas: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/60632
The Lego Ghostbusters Headquarter is completed! Now Ecto-1 will fit through and has a place. Unfortunately I had to remove a desk. So I joined together Janine and Peter's desk. I think this solution is not so bad. With Lego you have to make compromises... what do you think about the improvements and update, let me know?

HAPPY 30th GHOSTBUSTERS ANNIVERSARY!

LDD File & Instructions will follow soon...
Awesome!

One error I saw was with the Bricklink file. You'll need to remove the following lines:

"<WANTEDLISTID>487328</WANTEDLISTID>"

If you don't remove that, others can't use the wanted list file.
AJ Quick wrote:Awesome!

One error I saw was with the Bricklink file. You'll need to remove the following lines:

"<WANTEDLISTID>487328</WANTEDLISTID>"

If you don't remove that, others can't use the wanted list file.
Hey AJ ;) thanks.

yes, you must make first your own wanted-list, then you get a new ID. now you must replace my Wantedlist ID Number „487328“ with your 6 digit number. There are many text programs with the function “find and replace text“. Then it should work.

I have wrote this explanation in more steps, you can find this in the file: Instructions-gbhq_v2.pdf

Thanks for your support.
you're right :) I did not know that it also works this way. The only thing is that he makes a standard "0" ID Main List. and if I have many other Wanted List, it is an advantage if I have a correct ID. but thanks for your tip.
over 8700 Supporters!
I thanks each and every one of you for supporting this project. I never thought that we find so many supporters, that's just amazing!
Now, to get more supporters and reach the target of 10,000, share the link anywhere you can with people you think would be interested.

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/60632

Many thanks for your support!
Last update from November 7...

https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/1-blog/post/21
Hi
great design, supported it a while back on Ideas (former Cussoo).
Trying to generate the buillding instructions from within LDD, but it won't finish....
Tried different computers but no luck.
Anyone created the instructions and willing to share it?
Cheers!
Hi Sergio, I've been triying to download the instructiones many times and reboot all the time de lego digital designer

How can y have one copy on pdf of the instructions?

Hola Sergio He estado intentando bajarme las instrucciones de tu maravilloso trabajo que tengo ganas de tenerlo y resulta que de 7 veces que lo he intentado he dejado el ordenador toda la noche y no me hace las instrucciones se me reinicia la barra una y otra vez :(

Excelente trabajo

Nice Work

Thanks
GRACIAS!

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]