Post pics of work in progress or to your fan art here on Ghostbusters Fans.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/an ... alendar-pr

Anyone here really good at drawing Proton Streams into photos?

I got picked for the Men vs Cosplay 2015 calendar for my Ghostbusters gear and really wanna do something big for it. the other months stuff is really impressive so far.
Full-Roaming-Vapor wrote:I might be able to help. PM me details.
I'm afraid that's all the details I have right now. The photoshoot isn't until next month but I'm trying to secure someone whoo can do it.

Do you have any pics of beams you've done before?

Thanks man!

Jonny
pyhasanon wrote:That's pretty good... got a tutorial, or you keeping it a secret? =P

I suppose I could create one at some point. If you're using CS6, you basically:

-Draw the path for the main stream using the pen tool.
-Stroke that path in white using the brush tool.
-In the Blending Options for the stream, select 'Outer Glow', change it to the shade of orange you prefer, and adjust as needed.
-For the electric blue 'lightning', I draw each line with varying sizes of the brush tool, and add speckles and effects with different brushes, then repeat the Blending Options process, only this time using blue.
-Use soft white semi-transparent layers for the light strobes at the barrel.
-Apply a lens flare on a layer set to 'screen' if you want

That's basically it.
Cool, sounds easy enough... didn't even think of varying the sizes for the "lightning"... nifty trick...
Full-Roaming-Vapor wrote:I think After Effects is probably better for creating a sense of wildly uncontrolled streams that best composite into a photo, but that may be beyond my knowledge.
Yeah, but I only have Photoshop, no After Effects... luckily, I have a general knowledge of some basic functions, so I clearly understood all of your steps! Thanks!
Full-Roaming-Vapor wrote:
pyhasanon wrote:That's pretty good... got a tutorial, or you keeping it a secret? =P

I suppose I could create one at some point. If you're using CS6, you basically:

-Draw the path for the main stream using the pen tool.
-Stroke that path in white using the brush tool.
-In the Blending Options for the stream, select 'Outer Glow', change it to the shade of orange you prefer, and adjust as needed.
-For the electric blue 'lightning', I draw each line with varying sizes of the brush tool, and add speckles and effects with different brushes, then repeat the Blending Options process, only this time using blue.
-Use soft white semi-transparent layers for the light strobes at the barrel.
-Apply a lens flare on a layer set to 'screen' if you want

That's basically it.
That looks great.

You do commissions???
    Hasbro Ghostbusters

Is anybody making Slime Blowers that would fit the[…]

Beautiful!! I'm getting this even if finances don[…]

Super helpful thanks. I will read properly when […]

I just couldn't help myself and had to add texture[…]