Post pics of work in progress or to your fan art here on Ghostbusters Fans.
By redfive1973
That's some awesomeness there. Really digging it.
midmanc82 liked this
By SCFoximus
I just have to say, this is absolutely amazing. I just got my first wave of Diamond Select figures in, and in thinking about how cool it will be to have the rooftop diorama, I started considering making other display pieces (for my GBs as well as for other properties).

I stumbled upon this thread by chance, and your work truly is an inspiration to me. Thank you for keeping up with progress pics, and also that post detailing your process. Can't wait to see how this all turns out!
midmanc82 liked this
By midmanc82
SCFoximus wrote:I just have to say, this is absolutely amazing. I just got my first wave of Diamond Select figures in, and in thinking about how cool it will be to have the rooftop diorama, I started considering making other display pieces (for my GBs as well as for other properties).

I stumbled upon this thread by chance, and your work truly is an inspiration to me. Thank you for keeping up with progress pics, and also that post detailing your process. Can't wait to see how this all turns out!
Awesome and thank you for the kind words, I've not had the chance to get much work done on it over the past couple of weeks as its my 2 sons world book day event coming up with school so I've been making them their outfits, both want to go as ghostbusters so I've nearly finished one pack made out of foamcore and about to start the other this week so still been busy on ghostbusters themed stuff lol, once that's out of the way I'll be working at this full throttle again to get it finished :)

here are some pics just so you can see what I've been up to while I've not been hammering away at this project, still a tad more to do on the pack but my son's happy so far, my other boy should have his finished soon so I can crack back on with my fire house :)

By midmanc82
Aaaargh this project ended up on the backburner a bit as all my time and cash has had to go into the new tattoo studio I'm opening next month!!! Soon as I have that health cert and registration fee paid then I will have all that free money back to spend on this huge dolly house again :D

I am however decking the place out full of ghostbusters themed pics and posters though for fun so I'm gonna bob a few pics up soon on a new thread, see if any manchester 'busters out there fancy a ghostbusters themed tattoo at a discount for my 'folio. I reckon a pretty mean looking terror dog would look pretty damn swish on somebodies back or arm this summer in time for the new fillum :D
By midmanc82
Hi all, I know I've been away for a while setting up my new business but I've begun to work on this project again having freed up a little more time :) anyway here are some pics for all still interested, have now completed the slimer tank, stained the newel posts and spindles, glued them in place (not touching it now for 24 hours, was extremely delicate work!) and also finished the additional support columns for the upper floor and have completed the painting and gluing of the ground floor walls. Will hopefully have the banister rails and staircase panels complete and glued by tomorrow, also the guys lockers should hopefully be cut today.

Hope you enjoy the new pics!

Probably going to post another set of pics in a weeks time rather than update after every teensy bit is completed, feel free to drop me a comment or question and will get back to you asap :cool:
By midmanc82
OK here are this weeks pics, have ordered the columns for Venkmans office from a company called Miniland in Canada so they will take a while to get here so for now I've been working on as many bits as I can before they arrive.

Hope you guys enjoy the new pics :)

These lockers aren't finished yet, i need to print some walnut panels to insert into the squares on the "doors". Opted to position the plaques above the doors instead of on them as the gap at the top just looked too bare.

From today I will be working on the upper floor banister rail around the gap for the staircase and if the balsa wood strips turn up today I will also make a start on the front of venkmans office, by next week I will hopefully have it for the most part built up and the foam cut and at least patterned for the upper floor walls, my big aim is to have this done and dusted before or by xmas :)
By midmanc82

Couldn't resist popping another couple of pics on now the upper floor is beginning to take shape, I'll post another in a sec of the whole thing built up so far
By midmanc82

Ok that's it for now, have cut two foam board panels for two walls on the upper floor but I have now ran out of the stuff so it'll be a couple of days before I can get my hands on any more, I also have a couple of last minute bits to finish for our big Halloween party on sat night so I'm gonna be fairly busy anyways, I'll pop another update on this time next week anyways, I should have at least the front part of venkmans office done by then and 2 of the walls at least patterned

Hope you all have a fab ghostbustery time this Halloween, I'll catch you next week
By Alex Newborn
midmanc82 wrote:
What desk are you using for Janine? Is it the Edward Nigma desk?

Alex
midmanc82 liked this
By midmanc82
Alex Newborn wrote:
midmanc82 wrote:
What desk are you using for Janine? Is it the Edward Nigma desk?

Alex
It is mate, also not sure if you know but the top actually pulls off that desk and has 3 compartments which are perfect for storing any unused bits and bobs from both Mattel and DST ghostbusters, alternate hands, goggles etc
Alex Newborn liked this
By midmanc82
joeghostbuster wrote:totally awesome, love watching your progress!
Thank you Joe, up and til about 2 weeks ago I hadn't done anything with this project as I've been setting up a new business but now it's off the ground I've got a little bit of free time back to finish it off :)
By midmanc82
Okie doke here we are with the weekly update, getting very close to finally finishing this project now :cool:

Hope you guys enjoy the pics!

Upper floor bedroom side and main room side cut on Tuesday.

Interior bedroom wall, the bedroom walls will be patterned today and will be roughed up a bit to look a little weathered like the downstairs wall. Will also just maybe get to the prime coat of paint later on too depending on what other building supplies arrive in the post today :)
Have ordered more balsa wood for the window frames, transoms and mullions, also a pack of smaller cut balsa wood for the dado rail, once cut to size they will be stained the same walnut colour as the staircase spindles and newel posts.

Couldn't resist this! Although I think I could do with a smaller pic of the grey lady pre monstering out lol

Now this locker unit didn't stain as well as I would have liked, I don't think it's dark enough compared to the balsa strips I used for the doors so I decided rather than remake the thing to print off a walnut coloured patterned sheet and make up some panels to glue inside the gaps in the balsa wood, that way at the very least the doors will look somewhat right. Anyway, this prompted me to have another go at staining it and it has brought the shade down another notch so I'm hoping another couple of goes at it will do the trick. To save myself a bit of time and cash though I have ordered some walnut wood patterned self adhesive vinyl to stick over any other panels I need to make. See the pic of Venkman's office to get a better idea, all panels are now cut, am really hoping that vinyl arrives today!

Made a start on Venkman's office. Had to simplify it a little bit but am hoping no purists out there (which I usually am to be fair lol) won't mind :blush:

Stained and glued, the white panel is just some foam board which will have the vinyl stuck to it hopefully later on today.

I'm really excited to finally be making a start on the office, for me it signals the beginning of the end of this mammoth project which despite my break from it, have loved every minute of. I just really can't wait to get my figures on this and display them properly. I won't be putting all of them on it, there are too many and will detract from the actual fire station, I do however have 4 glass display units so I can chop and change the display with diff versions of the guys as I see fit, expect a great many pictures of various scenes lol.

Upper floor main room with a few wall crack as you can see, still needs distressing and priming but that will be one of todays jobs if the vinyl doesn't turn up.

Different angle shot of the office.

Had to order those connector columns from canada, they were the closest thing I could find that matched the ones used on film and I'm really happy with them :)

Quick pic of everything, as you can see it really doesn't look like there is long to go, certainly will be done and dusted before christmas!

Said pool/snooker table costs £30, it's going to be the first thing I buy when I make a start on kitting the place out with furniture :)

OK so that's pretty much it for this weeks pics, hopefully by this time next week there should be very little left to do aside from some minor touch ups on any goofed up bits of foam, the top roof still needs doing so I think if anything is left to do aside from furnishing the gaff it'll be that that needs doing.

Here's hoping you guys had a safe and happy halloween!
ccv66 liked this
By midmanc82
Venkman's Swagger wrote:Awesome as usual dude
Cheers mate, I've just finished Venkman's office, it's not as screen accurate as I would have liked but I'll be cutting out newspaper clippings and sticking them to the panels to pull it up a notch closer to at least the videogame, I am happy with it anyway though :blush:

By midmanc82
Venkman's Swagger wrote:You're welcome pal. V's office looks great. Can't wait to see this project finished
Well hopefully all being well either today or tomorrow you might get to see it all done and built up minus a few bits of doll house furniture etc.

Today I ordered an actual 1:12 scale (the same scale as the Mattel figures) qbert arcade machine which they used in the video game fire house. Now in the film I'm not sure what the arcade machines were but I know they had 2 of em and a pinball machine but sadly I only have room for 2 of those three so I'm deciding just to give it a bit of variation to go with the one arcade machine and a pinball machine as long as the specs match up to how much comfortable space I will have left, lol it would be no good if I could just about fit a lengthy pinball machine in but there be no room for one of the guys to actually stand in front of it lol.
Also ordered a walnut coloured desk for Venk's office and a decent sized picture frame for the main picture of the firemen and horses on the main panel of said office (another godsend from this amazing site).
Today's jobs will be priming all the walls, front doors and fire pole hole bases in grey and while that's drying I'll be popping up some newspaper clippings around the bottom office. So not really a great deal I can do while the paint dries, that's how close this project is before it gets put to bed!

I did actually make a list of priority furniture items though, I need a 1:12 scale snooker table which I've found for £30 and also a minimum of 4 beds, a round dining table, another arcade/pinball machine, an over or kitchen worktop and also a chair for the desk in Venk's office. Secondary stuff (but still important) will be work benches and warehouse type racking units (for the guys equipment etc) but that stuff seems to have to be imported as I can't really find any uk dollhouse sites selling that type of stuff lol.

Anyway I've rambled on long enough, keep an eye on this thread and hopefully if the numerous coats of paint dries I'll be able to get some pics on later, I'd better get my boy to school lol.

Have a fab morning all
By midmanc82
Ok taking slightly longer than I anticipated but that's nothing new really lol.

So far the walls need their last coat of paint, the doors need another coat and have made some bases that sit on rhe upper floor around the fire pole holes, they've had their first coat of paint too so I'll need to see how it looks in daylight tomorrow to see if they need another coat. Also made and painted a picture frame for the Vigo painting you get with the Vigo figure and have popped a few newspaper clippings on the panels of Venk's office but I need to print, cut and stick a few more up as it still looks a bit bare.

I'm holding out for this to still be built up properly before the end of the week, still got the window and door frames to cut, stain and stick but I'm hoping I can get the majority of it all done tomorrow. Wherever I get up to I will throw some pics up here anyways :crunch::crunch::crunch::crunch:
By midmanc82
We're close on this one, I can feel it!

Finally the last coat of paint has dried and now has been stuck to the upper walls of the fire station, just a few more little bits and finishing touches to go :blush:

Windows and door frames need cutting to size, staining and sticking, same goes for the dado rails. The main doors have been cut, patterned and painted, just need to give the internal side one more coat and then I can get them hinged onto the sides of the main door. I've cut out the no ghost logo from a couple of old mattel figure packaging so it still has the slight hint of a 3d effect which I'm going to stick to some foam for the sign outside the building and also just need to tidy up a few bits and bobs like fill in some gaps where the foam hasn't met as flush as I'd aimed, finishing off that one support column near the front entrance and a few touch ups of paint here and there. Then it's just a case of furnishing the rest of it!

Here are the latest pics of how it's looking so far.

Not sure how much more I'll be able to do on this project for the rest of this week now as I have a couple of busy days at my studio but hopefully I will have something else finished before the weekend is done :cool:

Hope you guys enjoy the pics and unless I get the entire thing finished off before the end of weekend I'll fire another post up this time next week!
By redfive1973
Elm Street 2 on the telly and a fantastic dio. Loving it. Great work. Still wanting to do a GB dio of my own and your work is an inspiration to do so. Nagging voice in my head of course asks where would I ever put a dio of that size. Anyhoo, outstanding work mate.
midmanc82 liked this
By midmanc82
redfive1973 wrote:Elm Street 2 on the telly and a fantastic dio. Loving it. Great work. Still wanting to do a GB dio of my own and your work is an inspiration to do so. Nagging voice in my head of course asks where would I ever put a dio of that size. Anyhoo, outstanding work mate.
Thank you for the kind words red, I really can't wait to put the finishing touches on and get it all set up on display, I know what you mean about the size as I am going to have to rearrange my whole living room for this lol!
Actually saying that it's not the first time I've gotten rid of staple home ware for the sake of toys, I recently binned a dining room table in favour of three new display units for all my figures lol! To be fair though it had just become a work bench for all my dio projects and had massive chips and drill holes all over the show!
I have a busy day at my studio today so I doubt I will have much time to work on it today, I'm due there tomorrow for a consultation too so it might be after the weekend befor I put all the finishing touches on but I have managed to cut the balsa wood to size for the upper main room dado rails and door frame, maybe if I finally get a lightbulb for my bedroom I can get the bedroom window & door frames sorted and the dado rail in there, enthusing comments from members such as yourself and venkmans swagger do make it easy to carry on til midnight lol
If you like the freddy films I will send over a couple of pics to your inbox as I made a mini dio that I built to insert on one of the shelves in one of my units, only took me a few days but I managed to whip up a boiler room for a couple of my freddy figures :-D
By midmanc82
Ahh sod it I'll just put the pics here as trying to navigate between photo bucket and here is a bit of a ball ache when using my iPhone lol, hope you enjoy the mini projects leading up to starting this big boy again

By midmanc82
Venkman's Swagger wrote:Immense as always. This has been a pleasure to watch unfold
I'm happy everyone's liking this project, it's been a pleasure not only working on it but also getting it up on this thread and I can't wait to finally get pics up of it finished!

Just ordered my 1:12 scale snooker table for the upstairs, fingers crossed its here by Monday and thank you for dropping me all the awesome comments :-D
By redfive1973
Sweet horror stuff there.
By midmanc82
Ok another few pics of some finishing touches, the balsa wood I ordered wasn't big enough to use on the transoms and mullions of the window frames so I decided to use them for skirting boards and the two door frames.
Also added a framed certificate to Venk's office along with the firemen and horses picture. Have cut all the balsa wood for the main upper room but I need to fill in some of the unsightly gaps where the foam walls haven't met flush so I will need to do that first before I stick any more to the walls :-D

Will be sorting out a threshold for this internal door plus getting a cover on the sides and top etc

OK so that's today's effort, now I'm off to my local pound shop for some cheap polyfiller for those corners and gaps :-)
Also have ordered these nice little bits to furnish the place too

I've just ordered the qbert one for now, will get another one next week

This was only £2.50 as the fella was selling off old stock so I thought it will do for the downstairs office

I can't wait to get some snaps of the guys stood around this :-D

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]