Post pics of work in progress or to your fan art here on Ghostbusters Fans.
By Ramjet
Kylie who?
By Ramjet
Yeah, dude, just put an orange motocross chest protector on Avril Lavigne!

(I will have to create the better bait)
By enchanted unicorn
keoni wrote:f*** it, do it if you want to. id be interested in seeing it
yeah, I'm just trying to see how much interest there was in it before starting. I'm always doing portraits so I'll check my folder of upcoming drawings, maybe find one suitable and just turn it into kylie.

Yeah Ramjet, I almost fell for it there, and your avril lavigne comment is totally right :)
By JackIvyGB
I always thought that Kat Dennings was very live action Kylie-ish.

I love seeing anything you do unicorn. :cool:
By Krenzy
A few years ago, the word for her would have been goth, but now it's "scene". She needs to be attractive, but at the same time, feel like a girl you could easily have been friends with from birth. Serious, but also mellow and confident.
By Ectofiend666
*Just call her "spooky" and be done with it...I hang around with girls whom are to this day like that [and I commend them for that], but trust me - The older you get, the more asinine "labels" become :sigh: ...

*Anyways - I say do it, but just don't deviate from the original too much...

*Avril?! PUKE!!

*Cheers.
Last edited by Ectofiend666 on January 23rd, 2009, 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
By enchanted unicorn
I will have to find the perfect girl to capture that kylie "essence". so I understand that I can't just take a pic of kate winslet and goth her up and call it kylie. I also want to avoid those gargantuan shoulder pads so there will be some alterations made. This is why I want to be very careful here as I realise I'm tinkering around with a popular character.

I need to locate some clear pics of her outfit. found some, but need more.

I also will need to make the outfit more real world, like a cosplayer has to make their characters outfit.
The first model that comes to mind is Elena Melnik. I've drawn her before and she does some "edgy" stuff.
By Spooky
Krenzy wrote:A few years ago, the word for her would have been goth, but now it's "scene". She needs to be attractive, but at the same time, feel like a girl you could easily have been friends with from birth. Serious, but also mellow and confident.
Goth and Scene are completely different.

Goth is an actual scene
"Scene" is a generic term used by horny man children who like to see teeny boppers in thick makeup, big dyed hair and piercings.
By enchanted unicorn
here's a pic of elena melnik I drew recently or the original photo anyways. I think she'd make a good Kylie, what say you guys? I think I'd find a different pic though.

By enchanted unicorn
Krenzy wrote:What about the lead singer of Flyleaf?
yes she's got the look I'm going for. But I don't want anyone too well known so people don't say hey, "why is Lacey Mosley wearing motocross gear?" Thank you very much for the suggestion. Keep them coming- it helps me work out the plan.

I also need some good reference pics of Kylie's suit. I'm surprised that there isn't much out there from what I've seen.
By enchanted unicorn
Krenzy wrote:I'd recommend going away from the motocross, and creating your own iteration of her outfit.
Oh I am, it'll probably be a simple orange vest with 2 sets of strap / buckles across the front. Perhaps some decorative cargo pockets on the front- and I'm avoiding the cheesy super shoulder pads. for a cartoon it's fine, but in realism it would look goofy.
Just like with props, a lot of the work in any artwork is in the planning. like the saying goes, if you fail to plan, then you are planning to fail.
thanks for the input and helping me plan.
By Ectofiend666
enchanted unicorn wrote:I also need some good reference pics of Kylie's suit. I'm surprised that there isn't much out there from what I've seen.
*Will this do? ;-):

*Cheers.
By enchanted unicorn
yes that is a nice pic! thanks for taking the time to post that. I'm still looking for the perfect Ms. Lady to use as the model, I also need a good idea of what's on her belt. I've been watching youtube vids to catch a glimpse. My 9 month old girl enjoys extreme ghostbusters I have discovered.
By enchanted unicorn
UK Ghostbuster 89 wrote:you know UNI, i actually cant wait to see this. get cracking!
Yes thanks! but the girl I'm going to draw has to be Perfect with a capital P. any suggestions? I have a few picked out but nothing that really jumps out at me.
after lots of searching I've picked out Allesandra Ambrosia as the model for Kylie( altering her skin tone,hair, and make-up). I'll be getting that started in the next day and posting work in progress picks of her. In the mean time I'm taking screen caps of Kylie's suit and equipment from youtube.

Question: It appears that her gun hangs from a hook of some sort on her belt.. correct?

One more thing I've learned. EGB Jeanine is a dead ringer for Sarah Palin.
enchanted unicorn wrote: EGB Janine is a dead ringer for Sarah Palin.
hahahhaha yer , wink wink.

sorry i didnt get back sooner, i was tryin to think of some1 but your choice is probably better than what i would of chose,

well as i stated before, get crackin lol
By Ectofiend666
*This might be too late but, more reference pics:

ImageImageImage

*But please leave the big/tousled hair be ;-):cool: :

*Cheers.

*EDIT: ImageShack seemingly wants to keep resizing my pictures smaller than they originally are [and no, I did not choose the option for this to happen], so "Enchanted-", if you need a bigger version, I'll e-mail them if need be...
By Kingpin
Something I wish someone would do, which you're part doing through this, would be to try do as realistic a depiction of the cartoon Ghostbusters as possible, some concessions would likely have to be made, such as Egon's hair and such... but it'd be interesting to see renders of how they could look in the real world... Kinda like when Homer had a nightmarish vision of his kids as "pink skinned freaks":

By enchanted unicorn
right on kingpin, that'd be a cool idea...perhaps someday...someday.
here's my underdrawing of Kylie thus far.If anyone wants to give critiques, now's the time to do it, not as I'm getting done! note..I'm still working out the design of her vest, though I may have it opened in the front, but I don't foresee any cleavage, well maybe a little. I plan to put a pke meter in her left hand, and will have the radio and proton gun on her belt.
Reboot Proton Pack build 2016

Hi Y'all! :) I am resurrecting this thread because[…]

Did it come out today? Ugh the art is so bad tho[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

I thought 6 inch was 6 inch.. I just looked the m[…]