Discuss storylines and progress on fan fiction and other works in progress and post links to your Fan Fiction here on Ghostbusters Fans.
By GBFan1981
I suppose this could go in the General GB Discussion forum, too: Has anyone ever envisioned a Ghostbusters / Close Encounters of the Third Kind crossover?

I mean, who would envision a synthesizer being used to call on ghosts?

~Ben
By SPJ
I could see it being used to perhaps create a medium to communicate with non-human spirits or perhaps with otherwise non-verbal ones. It would be rather difficult to transport the assorted required equipment though. One of those specific instance use of equipment. May only be the type of gear that gets used only once or twice. Still it would make for an interesting story.
By GBFan1981
I also wonder if any references to "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" are seen/heard in the "Ghostbusters" films and/or in the "Real Ghostbusters" cartoon? Like the 5-note music (G-A-F-low F-C) used to communicate with the mothership?

~Ben
A most perfect fusion of the two:

From the old West End Games GB role-playing game supplement "Hot Rods of the Gods". Came out about 1986.

The back cover even uses the definitions of the various kinds of Close Encounters, familiar to anyone who recalls the movie's trailer.

The entire game can be found here:http://www.ghostbustersinternational.com/hotrods.htm

Alex
    PKE Meter build project!

DO you have this files on sale?

Also, sorry I can’t answer the question, but[…]

There's some fun dialogue TV-edits, a replacement[…]

Thanks The_Y33TER ! Confirmation there's no elect[…]