Discuss storylines and progress on fan fiction and other works in progress and post links to your Fan Fiction here on Ghostbusters Fans.
By Fritz
I'll try to get caught up with some stuff soon. Real Life has been a bitch and a half the last couple days.

Next item from the vault:

Ghostbusters Nightsquad Apocrypha: Origin
Original Story by Bo Holbrook; Adapted by Fritz Baugh

Apocrypha Era Three--EGB And Beyond
As the original and Extreme Ghostbusters battle the Bermuda Triangle, Egon's niece and three others begin their own march to destiny...

I started this back in 2004 as a collaborative effort with Bo to bring the Nightsquad origin into line with the GBOT fan fic continuity; the class version of their origin tied into the end of the first movie. That presented a huge headache in Timeline terms, so the origin was rewritten to tie into "Back In The Saddle", basically the Third Coming of the original Ghostbusters. It also establishes Nightsquad as the first GBI franchise set up after the company's reactivation.

Unfortunately, my hospitalization in late 2004 kept me from finishing it; the final version was finished by Adam Bestler, and can be found here:
http://classic.nightsquad.net/thebeginning.html
By CJay
Despite all the stuff that's gone down in the last five years, I still like the classic Nightsquad stories: "The Beginning" and "Welcome To Burkittsville" used to irritate me because they were always at the top of GBN's Fanfiction List, but to this day I still like the flow of those tales, and I kinda wish Bo would get back to writing some worthwhile material again.

I think the one that you did excellently with Kingpin and Bo was "All Hell Breaks Loose". THAT one got back to the old Nightsquad flavor of the original team.

Speaking of the OT, are the stories that Kingpin did for the team in continuity? That was when he, Belmont, and Eric Rose were all members.
By Fritz
As far as I know, the answer is still basically "no". As my understanding of Nightsquad and GBUK continuity is right now, the "reinstatement" of much of the Eric Rose/Ben Jr. status quo as seen in "Aftermath" was only temporary--Eric and Ben Jr. are slated to go to the GBUK in late 2003, which is where they are in "Chronicles of Gozer"

I'd originally written Adam Bestler into "Aftermath", but he told me he did not want to be restored to Nightsquad continuity at all, not even a mention, so he was completely taken out. Unless I hear otherwise, as it stands right now he was never a member of the team.

"All Hell Breaks Loose" will be linked here, possibly as soon as Monday.
Yep, instead of the new team being Bo, Jen, Belmont, Bestler, Eric Rose, Leon Vega, and Ben Jr., it's now just Holbrook, Jen, Rose, and Ben Jr. with Belmont occasionally guest starring because he's awesome and we love him. >_>

And even then, that team only lasts for a month or two before Rose, Junior, and (temporarily) Belmont move to England to join Ben's UK version of Nightsquad, Graveyard Shift. (Which is also, conveniently, where Vega and Bestler went instead of Nightsquad. See what Kingpin did there, making sure all the writing he'd originally done for NS didn't go to waste? Except...um...how many Graveyard Shift stories have been released, again?)

Anyway, the whole thing kind of puts me in a weird position because I've volunteered to rewrite the one classic Nightsquad story from the Kingpin-written era that Bo wants to keep, "A Shining Moment".

The original story was Bo, Jen, Belmont, Rose, and Bestler...I can't just take Bestler out and keep the rest the same (even though it would be SO easy because Kingpin gave him nothing to do in the plot) because the story has the team isolated over an entire winter season, but Eric's time as a member was less than that. So the original time when the story occured, the winter of 2003-2004, is out because there was a mid-season roster change.

If I move the story forward a year, the roster is Bo, Jen, Cliff Roswell, and Yeti Crago. Plus I'd have to take Belmont out or put Jill Valentine in, because that was the year they got married, so no way he'd go on a three month vacation without her. While that's a perfectly viable option...I don't really want to write Cliff and I don't know HOW to write Jill. Also, six main characters in a story is tipping the scales of unwieldly. The hardest thing for me, in my writing, is finding ways to give every major character their due in screentime and memorable moments.

What that leaves me with, and Holbrook wants me to do anyway, is move the story to 2005-2006 and do it with the modern roster, which is him, Jen, me, and Yeti...with Belmont guest starring because he's awesome and we love him. <_<

It works great there, there's no timeline conflicts at all, no GBWC cases with me in them take place during that winter or anything. But I feel like kind of a dick changing it so much...especially since it means we'll have NO stories with Eric, Tom, or Cliff in them at all. But...the way I see it, and I'm trying not to be insulting or anything, but it's more Ben and his Graveyard Shift's fault than it is mine. He's the one who decided when these particular moves occur on the timeline.

And it's not like this is an easy task. The only copy of Kingpin's original that I have to work from is the one that's archived on the old GBN, which has the ends of parts 1 and 3 cut off. I asked Ben to send me the original file if he still has it, and he said he'd look for it, but I haven't heard back since and that was like a month ago, so I guess I'm stuck with what I've got. :-/
Last edited by TheRazorsEdge on July 12th, 2008, 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheRazorsEdge wrote:
What that leaves me with, and Holbrook wants me to do anyway, is move the story to 2005 and do it with the modern roster, which is him, Jen, me, and Yeti...with Belmont guest starring because he's awesome and we love him. <_<

well if he wants to do it , then shouldn't heel to bad
By Fritz
Ghostbusters: Gemini Rising, Part One

1999--Timeline Year Seventeen
Less than a year after finally getting married, Egon and Janine Spengler recieve the news that their relationship is about to advance another step--to parenthood.

Ghostbusters 2000:Gemini Rising, Part Two

June 13, 1999--Timeline Y//---error---error---error--- //
Lowell, Franky, Moira, and Carla are called when Mayor Zeddemore's speech is interrupted by a time rift. From the time rift comes a mysterious woman demanding to speak to "Professor" Spengler, and telling a strange story about the "Five Who Are One" and the "Gemini Twins"

Slimer! And The Extreme Ghostbusters: Gemini Rising, Part Three

Slimer, Roland, Eduardo, Kylie, and Garrett are called when Mayor MacShayne's speech is interrupted by a time rift. From the time rift comes a mysterious man demanding to speak to Professor Spengler, and telling a strange story about the "Five Who Are One" and the "Gemini Twins"

Ghostbusters 2000: Gemini Rising, Part Four

Pollux and the Five Who Are One--the original Ghostbusters and Janine--confront Nodus. But it's not the Nodus they were expecting...instead, it's a redheaded man that Pollux finds unnervingly familiar. And if they defeat him, they will have to face the most unexpected group of enemies yet!

Slimer! And The Extreme Ghostbusters: Gemini Rising, Part Five

Romulus and the Five Who Are One--the original Ghostbusters and Janine--confront Nodus. But it's not the Nodus they were expecting...instead, it's a blonde woman that Romulus finds unnervingly familiar. And if they defeat her, they will have to face the most unexpected group of enemies yet!

Ghostbusters: Gemini Rising, Part Six

In the Null Zone, two teams of Ghostbusters each encounter each other, convinced the other is some sort of bizarre parody. Romulus and Pollux's secret is exposed, and only half as many Ghostbusters as before walk away from the ramifications...

Ghostbusters: Gemini Rising, Part Seven

June 13, 1999--Timeline Year Seventeen
In the extra-length conclusion, the Ghostbusters and the Gemini Twins confront Josiah Nodus, a man who has literally torn the universe apart. The key to victory will hinge on understanding the mind-blowing answers to one simple question: Why is he doing this?!

There's...a lot going on in this story.

1. The birth of the Spengler Twins
2. The resolution of the Josiah Nodus story
3. Some exploration of the movie, cartoon, and GBOT canons and how they "really" interact in my own mind.
By Fritz
"All Hell Breaks Loose", albeit a day later than originally expected:

Ghostbusters Nightsquad: All Hell Breaks Loose, Part One
By Bo Holbrook, Ben King, and Fritz Baugh

September 2003--Timeline Year Twenty One
It seems like just another day for the members of Ghostbusters Nightsquad. The original Ghostbusters are out of town, and a few small jobs keep things from getting too dull.
But in the shadows, a sinister plot is being hatched...a plot that will change the team forever...
Guest stars Jeff Chrismer, Vincent Belmont, and Fritz Baugh.

Ghostbusters Nightsquad: All Hell Breaks Loose, Part Two

Catastrophe!!! The Extreme Ghostbusters defeated!!! Nightsquad's worst enemy has taken over Central Park!!! And Nightsquad can't do anything about it, because they're in jail!!!

Ghostbusters Nightsquad: All Hell Breaks Loose, Part Three

As if the Blair Witch wasn't enough...the cult's plot has drawn in another familiar face, one that had nearly defeated the original Ghostbusters more than once. Will Nightsquad, even with the help of Vincent Belmont, Jeff Chrismer, Fritz Baugh, and Roland Jackson, have a chance in hell against them?!

Ghostbusters Nightsquad: All Hell Breaks Loose, Part Four

It's the final showdown between Nightsquad, their allies, and the Hain Witch. The fate of the world is at stake (again), and even if the Ghostbusters are victorious they will pay a price in dearest blood...

Ghostbusters Nightsquad: Aftermath
By Bo Holbrook and Fritz Baugh

October 2003--Timeline Year Twenty-One
One week ago, the Hain Witch destroyed his headquarters and killed two of his friends. Now, the drunken wreck who was once Bo Holbrook is confronted with the chance to rebuild--problem is, he's not sure it's worth it.
By Fritz
Ghostbusters West Coast: Union of the Snake

June 2005--Timeline Year Twenty Three
Oscar Wallance is in LA, where he spent part of his childhood...but Peter Venkman's stepson isn't going to be able to lounge at the beach...someone is looking for the young man once coveted by Vigo the Carpathian...

Kingpin did a story called "Syren Call" which ended with Oscar going to LA. I knew I would have to use that, and I did. This story also borrowed (with his permission, of course0 a few elements of one of Cliff Roswell's now-Apocryphal Nightsquad stories.
-----------------------------------------------
Ghostbusters West Coast: Word To Your Mummy

August 2006--Timeline Year Twenty Four
As one of the luminaries of Ghostbusters International visits LA to investigate the mystery of Rachel Leavenworth, some creep with a sword is after MC Pharoah and Zagnut. Plus some lighter news from Fritz and Chelsea.
-----------------------------------------------
Ghostbusters West Coast: Flipped Out

October 31, 2006--Timeline Year Twenty Four
It's Halloween and something extra weird is going on...as our heroes are confronted with a team of opponents who are both shockingly wierd and very familiar. Not the least of them, a woman named Ellie...

If the title doesn't tip you off as to what this story involves...

And be on the lookout for more of the story in "Pandora's Box" and the upcoming "Flip Side War"
By Fritz
Ghostbusters Apocrypha: The Legend Of Mary Sue

Apocrypha Era Two--After GB2
Everyone knows what Mary Sues are. If you've read a Mary Sue fan fic--any Mary Sue fan fic--you'll know what to expect here. Think of this as my primer on "How NOT To Write Ghostbusters Fan Fiction"

Basically, the more ways your story resembles this fan fic, the worse it probably is.
-------------------------------------------------------
The next one isn't technically mine, but it was written with my input, and is an important development in the live of one character I created.

Ghostbusters 2024: A Different Kind Of Hero
By Ghostdiva

2024--Timeline Year Forty-Two
The ever-logical Eden Spengler finds herself in unfamiliar territory when she meets a passionate young doctor. Like a Spengler a generation ago, she's torn between her strange new feelings and the safety of logic...and to top it off, not all of her teammates seem approving.
-------------------------------------------------------
Especially as it's helpful to understanding this next story of mine, which started as a character study for Ghostdiva then evolved into a short story in it's own right:

Ghostbusters 2024: A Few Pointers

2024--Timeline Year Forty-Two
T.J. Anderson meets with Dr. Edward Sanders, a newcomer with an interest in the Spengler Twins that complements her own. Even if she really hates to admit it.
By Fritz
The abrupt cancellation of Now's RGB Vol.2 after issue #4 led to a curious situation: the story originally slated for V.2 #5 was printed in the 1992 Annual, and the story originally slated for V.2 #6 was in the 1993 Annual (in 3-D). Thing is, the story ended on a cliffhanger.

It would take a stupid and bold person to try and finish that story. Fortunately, I was feeling stupid and bold.

Ghostbusters: Pandora's Box, Part One
Original Story by Barry Peterson; Adapted by Fritz Baugh

March 1991--Timeline Year Nine
The Ghostbusters get a call from none other than the President: there's a pesky poltergeist perplexing the Pentagon.

Ghostbusters: Pandora's Box, Part Two
Story by Barry Peterson; Adapted by Fritz Baugh

To unravel the mystery of the disappearance of Professor Ian Epimetheus, Egon and Venkman enter the lost scientist's experiemental portal...and come across even more mysteries, culminating in the return of some very familiar adversaries...

Ghostbusters: Pandora's Box, Part Three
By Fritz Baugh; Based off a story by Barry Peterson

The Peoplebusters are loose in New York City. And then Professor Epimetheus's portal opens again...

Ghostbusters: Pandora's Box, Part Four
By Fritz Baugh; Based off a story by Barry Peterson

The Ghostbusters versus the Peoplebusters with Professor Epimetheus as the prize. Do we really need to say any more than that?
By Fritz
Ghostbusters West Coast: From This Moment

September 3, 2006--Timeline Year Twenty-Four
Many members of GBI come together for a special event: the wedding of Chelsea Aberdeen and Fritz Baugh.

I really try to stay away from doing stories so heavily centered on "myself" but this one sorta needed to be told: sorta like "Forever", this features a bunch of flashbacks explaining Fritz and Chelsea's history. And most of them are told here for the first time.

Just last week I also added the name of Ray's wife in place of the "Redacted" when she's mentioned :D
----------------------------------------------------------
Ghostbusters International: The Spirited Drizzlepuss

January 2007--Timeline Year Twenty Five
Winston Zeddemore takes the two newest members of the Ghostbusters West Coast, Jason Knetge and Aidan Munroe, on a bust that goes awry. As they deal with the watery entity, Winston has an encounter with an old enemy that threatens to topple the pillars of his faith.

I hope people who've read "Chronicles of Gozer Book Six" will give this one a fresh look, too
----------------------------------------------------------
Ghostbusters West Coast: Consequences And Truth

June 2007--Timeline Year Twenty-Five
The only constant is change, and seldom has this been as true as it is for the Ghostbusters West Coast. Another new member has joined the team while a longtime stalwart is reanalyzing his life and his future. Two others regard the joyful changes that are upon them. Meanwhile, untalented spoiled brat heiress London Sedgewick gets possessed and skips jail to great media acclaim.

In part, my snarling commentary on the newsgasm when Paris Hilton went to jail, got sprung after three hours, then got sent back to jail. Why people pay attention to this skank who's done nothing to earn her fame and fortune other than pop out of the vagina of a rich man's wife is totaly beyond me.
By Fritz
Skipping ahead a little to bring you a brand new story, just released today. If you've read "Pandora's Box" and "Flipped Out", though, you'll be okay.

Ghostbusters West Coast: Flip Side War, Part One

September 2007--Timeline Year Twenty-Five
Mick, Jason, Rose, and Aidan are on their way home from a routine case. But then a tornado appears and whisks them away...and it ain't to Oz, either.
By CJay
Been looking forward to this one actually.

This might be jumping the gun a bit, but I've often wondered in the Flip Side universe how the opposites are actually determined? Like, would it be a stretch of the imagination to think that there would be human agents of the Peoplebusters International (if there is such a thing) working for the Peoplebusters? Similar in a mirror like sense, but with the same opposite nature of the other Flip Side citizens.
By Fritz
CJay wrote:Been looking forward to this one actually.

This might be jumping the gun a bit, but I've often wondered in the Flip Side universe how the opposites are actually determined? Like, would it be a stretch of the imagination to think that there would be human agents of the Peoplebusters International (if there is such a thing) working for the Peoplebusters? Similar in a mirror like sense, but with the same opposite nature of the other Flip Side citizens.
Well, there was a human version of Rachel Leavenworth seen in "Flipped Out", but she was definitely not on good terms with PBI. All I can say right now is that I may give some more answers in upcoming chapters.

---------------------------------------------------------------

My brother Al (who very sporadically posts on my board under the user name OgreBBQ) is a writer too. In some ways, I think he's better than I am, but on the other hand he's not very motivated. He created the Inquisitors and other characters I've written over the years, and I finally prodded one story out of him:

Blood Feud: Prague
By OgreBBQ

August 1998--Timeline Year Sixteen
There's carnage in the streets of Prague...and smack dab in the middle of it is a former member of the Inquisitors: vampire hunter turned vampire Anatole Vashnivski. And somebody is not happy he's there...

We've done an outline for the Inquisitors origin story, set in 1990, but no telling when or if it will ever come out.
By Fritz
Ghostbusters West Coast: Nights of Blood

August 2007--Timeline Year Twenty-Five
Even after the destruction of Teth-Apophis and Master Orus, the vampire problem continues to get worse in Los Angeles. Fritz is "invited" to a meeting with a powerful player in the vampiric scene as more than one non-Ghostbuster attempts to check the undead in their own ways.
By Fritz
Ghostbusters: For The Best

December 1980.
It's been ten years since the tragic death of David and Carolyn Stantz. The intervening ten years have seen their three children--Carl, Ray, and Jean--grow very far apart. Can they bridge the gap, or is it for the best if they continue to lead seperate lives?

With that, my backlog is finished. Future updates to the thread will be upon the release of new material.
Ghostbusters 2021: The Eye Of Aretpo, Part One

2021--Timeline Year Thirty-Nine
A strange murder in London brings a young detective to the United States in search of answers. Three children of legends are reunited. Behind the scenes, a plot is in motion that will force all of them to embrace the legacy of the Ghostbusters.

You've seen them in stories such as "Future Shocks", "Seperated At Rebirth", "A Different Kind Of Hero", and "Gemini Rising". Now, at long last, the story that tells how the Ghostbusters of the 2020's came to be a team for the first time.

Check out the newly-expanded Ghostbusters 2023 gallery page for some new pictures, including some civilian clothes and the flight suits that the new crew wears later in the story (It's not a huge spoiler--a group shot is seen right under the story title here in part 1)

(And yeah, I hope that you'll all forgive me one more "describe the original Ghostbusters in detail" scene. I almost replaced the bit with a picture, but thought that might be worse...)
Read it and enjoyed it Fritters. I haven't read "A Different Kind of Hero" yet so I'm gonna go take a look at that one.

One question though: shouldn't the Timeline Year be Year Thirty-Eight, rather than Thirty-Nine? Not trying to be snarky or anything just wondering if that was just a typo on your part.
It's a bit confusing (I think I've had to stop and think about it a time or two) but mathmatically, it works like this:

1983 is Year 1 (this is when GB1 happened in GBOT terms). So if 1983=1 then 1982=0

So consider 1982 "Year Zero"

Subtract 1982 from any year to get the Timeline date:

2021-1982=39
2008-1982=26
1997-1982=15
1991-1982=9
1989-1982=7
1986-1982=4

It is, however, thirty eight years since the founding of the company, because 2021-1983=38. The thirty eighth anniversary of GBNY takes place in Year 39. Just like 2008 is the twenty-fifth anniversary of the founding of GBNY, but considered Year 26.
Left some comments on Ectozone about the story, but it's still an awesome continuation.

Hehe, you know, you should get some local kids in your neighborhood to record "Mood Slime" songs and include them with your parts. :cool:
Proton Props UK

Considering David orders most of the parts he do[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]