By sietsema02
I watched it a few hours ago but loved it I really liked the rgb touch at the end when you played the gb theme. I all so liked the puppets they just look more real then the cgi ghosts to me. Again great job guys.
By Foom Man
Wow. 5,225 hits in a little over two days.

Thanks a bunch guys. Everyone's said nothing but the kindest of things so far and we've gotten some pretty constructive criticism too (sneakers that sound like high heels are hard to come by, I assure you).

Next? A postmortem or two on this thread followed by the feature-loaded DVD we'll be sending out to a few of the guys here on GB Fans. The DVD should have our trailer, our promo video, the NYC trip video, and probably a handful of other extras (trailers for GB: SLC hopefully?).

I'm going to try and throw together a behind-the-scenes video sometime before the end of November that will incorporate a lot of candid footage and photos we gathered, including some goofs from filming and GhostGuy's on-set clips from his iPhone. We'll try and keep the self-indulgent documentary material to under a collective five to ten minutes, showing how the puppets were made, how we got Sketch involved, all sorts of stuff. That should be tucked away on the DVD alongside my effects tests and probably Kevin Gets A Proton Pack too.

Until all of that happens, thanks once again and keep your eyes on this thread for any reflections we have on the flick.

hawaiiangb wrote:did you eat the potatoes? just details that need to be answered
I, personally, did not. I'm positive someone else did though- we love our baked potatoes at la casa James.

Also, for those interested, we put together a quick DVD this week that Vince (from So-cal) will be giving to Mr. Aykroyd himself this weekend. The DVD also includes trailers for Spilled Milk & GB SLC. Here's hoping he emails us with his comments (a man can dream, can't he?)

And oh- 25 thousand hits!
I came home to find this in the mail today:

Much thanks guys. This combined with the movie's ~40,000 hits certainly make me proud of what we put together with Spilled Milk. I can't wait to see what other fan films arrive further down the line.
Yeah, this & the St. Patty's thread- I'm on a roll with the digits, esepcially if the thread was started in 2010.

I look on the sunnier side of things: Spilled Milk was 3rd runner up for last place. I basically posted this as a thank you to the Louisiana guys for sending me the award.
SlimeGuy wrote:Congrats Pat, Johnny, and Kevin as well as the entire crew. Your filming, humor, characters and effects are an inspiration to all fanfilms, especially SLC!
You're too kind man. I can't wait to see what you guys pump out later this year.
MotherPussBucket wrote:Bump because Kevin did a great job here. Also, kev, if you're reading this, how can I get a DVD copy? Honestly, I'd be more interested in the puppet making and effects work.
Seriously Kevin, what sources do you have for special features like the puppetry making and 'other'?
Come to think of it, I never did make a DVD- I think it could be done. I just recieved the last piece of media necessary to put together a recap of the Boston St. Patty's parade from back in March (thanks go out to Chris & Ronnie!), so why don't I put that together before I start anything else.

I could put the trailer on there and maybe some other extras (whatever I could put together without stretching myself too thin amongst other projects I'm working on), including some footage of the puppets prior to the final effects. Maybe I could put some other fan film trailers on there too and even the St Patty's recap?

I'll mull it over more once I have the parade video in the bag, but I think it's safe to say I wouldn't want to mass-produce these. I mean, if the demand is there I could get a few dozen printed and professionally labeled, but if not I'd probably just make, I dunno, ten or so and mail them out to a handful of you guys who've been asking here, on Facebook, via email, etc. Maybe my goal could be to have this in the bag by Halloween- so here's hoping.
I am in on wanting a DVD copy for sure. Wouldn't hurt to have a signed copy either :cool:
Foom Man wrote:.. including some footage of the puppets prior to the final effects...

You know, it wouldn't hurt to mix that video of the puppetry process with a video interview. If I had time during post-production of Chronicles, I would offer my services. But perhaps someone in the GB community who has valid questions and can record video via Skype conference call. That or a local kid needing an interview for a class assignment.
That may be a bit to undertake, but I personally demand an audio commentary ;)

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]

Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]

Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]