LawgSkrak wrote:When's episode 5?
It's in preproduction. Sorry about the long wait. :( we have a script and are prepping it but I can't say yet when exactly we're going to release it. I've been very busy with another project that has, unfortunately, consumed most of my time. I hope to be able to say more soon - as we get deeper into prep, I'm going to update our FB page as often as possible to keep folks in the loop. You can follow it at facebook.com/algbseries.
By M.Thunder
I really love this series.

I love the more serious tone and the fact that there's a mystery to solve. I like that we're learning at least one person's motivations for even becoming a Ghostbuster...which is a question far too many fanfilms never bother to ask, even though it's the fastest way to make us connect with a character.

I love the melancholy that comes from being a GB franchise in a rural area with barely enough business to keep the lights on. What lead a franchise to be established here? Was it always this quiet?

I love that we're four episodes in and haven't even SEEN a proton pack yet....not only that, but the cops don't recognize the GB logo at first, and when the PK meter finally goes off, the guy looks at it like "I forgot it did that!" This leads to a mounting tension, because you're just waiting for that "lock and load" moment, which will be so sweet when it arrives...

It feels like this series is heading somewhere very deliberate... How many episodes are you planning to make for this particular story?
Yup! We actually have one more really small scene to shoot but we did shoot about 95% of episode 5 last weekend! Hoping to shoot the last scene next week. Then it's all postproduction from there. We hope to be able to post it online soon!
We finally see a Hero Pack in this series...and it's a dream sequence. Wah-wah-waaaah...

Poor Rookie. All he wants is his hero moment, with his perfect one-liners and his sunglasses, and his damsels who are oh-so-grateful not to be in distress anymore! I liked the touch that both of the girls were nerds who were into manga and Green Lantern. It is Rookie's fantasy after all. He wears his Green Lantern ring without irony.

The whole sequence where they went undercover at the Winthrop House was great. Freya Stark once said that "the great, indeed perhaps the ONLY real benefit of being female is you may pretend to be a good deal more stupid then you are and no one is surprised." Apparently the same is true if you put on a thick Southern accent and call yourself "Bob." I'm sure somewhere there is a real "Bob" with a strong Southern accent and he's as intelligent as anybody. But apparently, even in Alabama, if you hit certain boxes on the yokel checklist, you can then get away with stuff because, ya know, everyone figures you're just an idiot who doesn't know better.

They weren't in trouble until Rookie dropped his act because he was so excited about the radio. Careful Rook, your smart is showing!

I'm also guessing .... Mr. Winthrop constructed Houses for free means he was probably pulling a Shandor and placed them in strategic places around the state, so that if you look at the location of the houses he built on a map, it will make that symbol. Which would be great if he hadn't also used the symbol to decorate his house. I don't know why evil occultists announce their plans like that.

That'd just be my guess though.

So is it too early to start asking about Episode 6? Huh? Is it?
bpontheair liked this
EctoPrimer wrote:The Rookie is now my favorite, And Parker is a great father figure
I really appreciate that! I was called a lot worse after our first couple of episodes. :-D I'm glad you like the series. Hopefully we'll be able to work on Episode 6 soon!
By PssdffJay
I hope so cause this waiting sucks! Its like watching the Walking Dead when they do their mid season break... except this is after every episode of yours!! Haha!

Need more!!
bpontheair wrote: I really appreciate that! I was called a lot worse after our first couple of episodes.
Who?? Who called you worse? Give me the names! :angryvigo:

Seriously though, your character rules. He's a mellower kind of Ghostbuster then we usually see and I like that he seems to have a calming effect on everybody around him.

It also means that when we see HIM getting scared or freaked out by something, we know it's serious.
bpontheair wrote::-D I'm glad you like the series. Hopefully we'll be able to work on Episode 6 soon!
Insert me nagging about episode 6 here! Where is it? I need it for my brain!
bpontheair liked this
mbthegr81 wrote:
EctoPrimer wrote:The Rookie is now my favorite, And Parker is a great father figure
That Bearden guy is terrible.
That Bearden guy is the best, and without his quest to prove himself, make some money, and marry his girlfriend, the series wouldn't have most of its drive. Bo is the one wih the most at stake, and he makes us care.
bpontheair liked this
mbthegr81 wrote:
That Bearden guy is terrible.
First off, thank you, I try, but again, I coincide most of the credit to our wonderful cast and crew.

Second, you'd be surprised how often people think Brock actually IS my dad, despite the clear age difference not making sense, but we're more brothers than anything.

Thirdly, it's like I said, you know?
The Rookie wrote:Second, you'd be surprised how often people think Brock actually IS my dad, despite the clear age difference not making sense, but we're more brothers than anything.
This is the truth. In order to be his dad, I would've had him around age 16. Let me tell you what was NOT going on in my life at that age. :-D

I consider Rook my little brother. Both he and Bo are two of my dearest friends. I think that also helps our interactions in the series. The chemistry is already there in real life.
[/quote] I consider Rook my little brother. Both he and Bo are two of my dearest friends. I think that also helps our interactions in the series. The chemistry is already there in real life.[/quote]

I would agree that your guys chemistry def helps out on screen. It really shows through. Just like you can tell Murray, Aykroyd, and Ramis where good friends in real life and had spent A LOT of time together. Too have that kind of chemistry is just magic and unbeatable!
Prince Vigo liked this
GhostBustin_84 wrote:Hmmm..... that quote should be credited to Brock. Not sure why that did not show up with the quote...... Sorry bpontheair....
No worries! :) We all appreciate the compliments.
Thanks, everyone, for the kind words! It's truly touching and I know the crew is appreciative as well. :)

If you get a second, please submit a fan nomination for us for the Streamy awards. You can click here to do so, all you have to do is click submit, as all of the information is already put in. Thanks so much again! And we hope to have episode 6 in preproduction soon!
I can't believe I spent my afternoon watching this. It was just so addicting! I didn't think it'd hold my attention just because these kinds of things aren't usually something I'm interested in, but the story is intriguing and the acting keeps me entertained. I'm really impressed by the sets you guys have been able to get your hands on. Always wanted to do something to this scale (not necessarily ghostbusters, but the whole web series thing), and I love all the hard work and attention to detail you guys obviously put into it. :)
bpontheair liked this
By bpontheair
ladydragonqueen wrote:I can't believe I spent my afternoon watching this. It was just so addicting! I didn't think it'd hold my attention just because these kinds of things aren't usually something I'm interested in, but the story is intriguing and the acting keeps me entertained. I'm really impressed by the sets you guys have been able to get your hands on. Always wanted to do something to this scale (not necessarily ghostbusters, but the whole web series thing), and I love all the hard work and attention to detail you guys obviously put into it. :)
Thank you so much for your kind words! We love doing it, and we're hoping we can get the sixth episode going soon. :)
M.Thunder, SPJ liked this

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]