This is for other Ghostbusters Props that don't fit into the categories above.
Since there doesn't seem to by many pictures of Bacharach 300 Series Sniffers, here are a bunch of the one the Arizona Ghostbusters use.

http://www.gbfans.com/fans/props/2095/

The Sniffer is owned by our team Captain Matt Haynes and was found on ebay. The Sniffer came complete with carrying case, probe, hoses, instructions, and charge cord. The only thing missing was the bladder which we replaced. An important item to note is that the probe is actually only about 6 inches long. We added a long aluminum tube to make it more like the film version. The Sniffer is a 302 model and slightly different than the one used in GB1. The 302 model has a digitial display and different labels. Otherwise the body, knobs, and shoulder strap are the same. This particular sniffer still works and is still rechargeable. The trigger must be pulled and held to get a reading of the gases. I did not take exact dimension but a rough estimate is 6 inches tall, 3 inches wide and 8 inches across. Again just guesses on those.
You're welcome. Hopefully they're useful to some. Wearing the Sniffer is pretty awkward but fun because people instantly recognize it. I can't think of a time when someone didn't walk up to whoever was wearing it and ask if they're using it right.
Necro bump!

Do you happen to still have these photos? The link above no longer works... I was able to find a 302 on eBay, but I don't have any of the hardware... Wanted to see some reference photos of people who have owned one... Considering he had a complete set, that would be perfect!
Ah, so it was you who outbid me on the Bacharach 302. Congrats.

I would've bid higher if it had been complete, or the correct model.

But that was a little more than I wanted to pay for one that would require so many additional pieces to track down and/or fabricate.

In the description of the 300 on the Equipment pages here, it mentions that the 302 doesn't actually use the squeeze-bulb, but you can affix one to make it look like the one from the film.

http://www.gbfans.com/equipment/other/b ... h-sniffer/

Quoting the text: "Subsequent models such as the 301, 302 and 303 frequently pop up on Ebay or other sources, but they lack an attachment for the hand aspirator. ... It may appear as if the rubber hose connects..., but there is just a blind port in the location where the attachment for the hose would be on the 300 sniffer. "

The second sentence actually refers to a 301, but that's just because the photo showed one. I presume from the previous sentence it holds true for the 302.

Alex
Understood, I've been in contact with Adam (the author of that reference) and only the 300 has an aspirator... the later models do, however, have a blind port under the probe connection where an aspirator would have been connected to if there was one, so it can be "fabricated" to look as if there was a hand aspirator attachment... I too was initially not willing to spend that much money on just the body, but after inquiring with Adam, he said that I would never find a better deal than what was being offered.... the connecting hardware is just too rare, and finding a full kit is almost damn near impossible, so I went ahead and pulled the trigger...
Oh? I balked because it was nearly twice as much as a friend of mine paid for a similar one just a few months ago. He too got a 'close' number, not a 300, with no attachments.

Of course, in that case, the seller neglected to list the words 'bacharach' or 'sniffer' anywhere in the auction description, so it was a much more generic search term that helped him find and win it.

But my luck inevitably goes like this: if I buy the 'pretty close' one, I will later find the correct one and decide to upgrade.

I'm trying to force myself to hold out for only the right items, but the reality will probably be that if I DON'T jump at the wrong one first, I'll never find the right.

Alex
To my knowledge, Adam owns the last existing 300, confirmed by Bacharach themselves...
pyhasanon wrote:Necro bump!

Do you happen to still have these photos? The link above no longer works... I was able to find a 302 on eBay, but I don't have any of the hardware... Wanted to see some reference photos of people who have owned one... Considering he had a complete set, that would be perfect!
Sorry for the delay in response. Yeah I still have all these. Just need to dig them up
Another 302 with no attachments has turned up on eBay. Bidding shot up really high in just a few hours.

Wondering if someone from this thread had perhaps found the correct model and decided to flip their 302?

If so, looks like you're making a tidy profit already.

Alex
Funny thing about Sniffers (other than the 300) is that not a lot of people who have them know of their value, and not a huge amount of people are looking for them at any given amount of time (sometimes they're in demand, sometimes not)... I just happened to have been lucky with mine and got it for cheap, not many people were bidding on it (I think it was just myself and Adam, and possibly Alex), so the price didn't skyrocket... but this time, it did, so it went to $200+...
The owner not knowing the significance was also how I got mine cheap. It had been listed as part of an estate clearance, and it was my luck that nobody else had gotten to it before me. Mine's a 303, and was missing both the wand, rubber bulb and strap.

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]