This is for other Ghostbusters Props that don't fit into the categories above.
By ecto 1 rocks
shortly before mr.staypuft shows up, egon pulls out a little meter of some kind and says somthing to the effect of "this looks extraordinarily bad"
what is that little thing?
is it some variation of the sound level meter in GB2?
also, what is the excact make and model of this prop?

(sorry if this was already answered in another post, but i couldnt find it)
By Spooky
Its an EMF detector.
A standard in all ghost hunter/parnormal investigator's tools.

It could of also been a Tri-Field meter which gauges the same thing but gives "deeper" readings.

http://www.prairieghosts.com/detector.html

both can be seen there.
By prototype7
I could be wrong, not trying to start any trouble... but isn't that a little small for emf technology from 1985? I was a kid then but if a portable phone was huge when I was a kid, I think that would be a little too small for the times.

I wonder though, is that the same meter he's using in GB II when Dana comes to visit him??? If I remember correctly the make the same kind of whiny/clicky kinda noise when he uses them. What do you guys think?
By Spooky
No its the exact same size...wait for the close up...

Plus it has the proper needle gauge.
By ecto 1 rocks
he only pops it out for about 5 seconds, and only about 2 of those seconds can you actually see it. its not the same thing as in GB 2 and it is very small, so thats why im so baffled by it
it appears to have 2 black circles that are probably control knobs or something....i have a pic of it here
http://www.austinfilmfestival.net/aff/n ... usters.jpg
By Spooky
You can see the top gauge when they zoom in on his face and you can see the thickness. Pause it and compare...its an EMF

I also own one...same size.
By ecto 1 rocks
i looked extensivly and the brand that egon has i cant find on the internet
its not that gauss one, its too small, it lacks the knobs and the gauge is black and not white

is it possible that its just an older model?
By Kingpin
ecto 1 rocks wrote: i looked extensivly and the brand that egon has i cant find on the internet
its not that gauss one, its too small, it lacks the knobs and the gauge is black and not white

is it possible that its just an older model?

Well, not finding it is too surprising... we're talking about a guage seen in a movie more then 20 years ago... it's likely been superseded by now.
By Spooky
Yeah man not only has technology you know moved forward...
I'm sure models and companies have come and gone by now.

We're bringing you the latest updates to the GBFan[…]

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]

And, lastly, for now, the video that prompted me t[…]