This is for other Ghostbusters Props that don't fit into the categories above.
By ghoulishfright
Just outta curiosity, I was watching "Cry Uncle" and wondering - has anyone ever built one of these "ecto helmets" or whatever you wanna call it? I guess, in the episode, they're used for seeing invisible poltergeists, so maybe you could call them "poltergeist detection lenses" or something. PDL helmets?

It certainly looks like a doable prop, although you'd probably be blind as a bat unless you could cleverly devise some kinda mirror system to see. ...Anyway, I always thought it was a really cool looking gadget. Slap a no-ghost sticker on the side, and you'd be totally stylin'.
By Spooky
I actually never understood these things...I mean...
Thats what the goggles do, help see Ghosts and track them.
By ghoulishfright
I know what ya mean. Although these things are for looking at "invisible" ghosts. I'm not quite sure if ecto goggles can do that or not. And I also believe that ecto goggles are for low light situations, correct? Maybe these are for bright daylight situations, who knows. I agree they seem unnecessary, but damn it they look cool!
By gbcreel
I agree they are cool
By Spooky
I know what ya mean. Although these things are for looking at "invisible" ghosts. I'm not quite sure if ecto goggles can do that or not. And I also believe that ecto goggles are for low light situations, correct? Maybe these are for bright daylight situations, who knows. I agree they seem unnecessary, but damn it they look cool!
If you hold the video game as canon the goggles do see Ghosts while invisible.
By ghoulishfright
Ah yes, I forgot about that scene. I guess I was thinking they were for low light settings, cuz well, that's what the decal says on mine, lol - "avoid using in brightly lit environments or severe eye damage may result." I'm not sure if someone just made that up, or GB2 forgot about it, or maybe those are 'improved' goggles, or what... Surely though there's some unique feature to these ecto-helmets. We just gotta figure it out! :P

I think it's pretty unlikely the RGB filmmakers just forgot about the ecto goggles - they're a notable part of GB1, and appear in earlier episodes. The helmets must've been created by this episode's script writer, if not earlier (and maybe the script would explain more about them if we could get it), and had accompanying blueprints. I don't reckon individual animators would've been given that much creative leeway to invent whole new gadgets.
By ShadesMcPherson
I'm pretty sure the goggle label reads with a low light warning seeing as they were originally night vision goggles, and I doubt they bothered changing the labels for the first film ^_^

I have always wanted the ecto helmet. It's so weird, but cool looking IMO.

Bill does things he wants that he thinks are the[…]

Ghostbusters is one of the rare films where every […]

Fitzhume - Proton Pack Build

I apologize for the little freakout there. I have[…]

Hmmmm, this doesn't make me feel any better abou[…]