This is for other Ghostbusters Props that don't fit into the categories above.
gboy6 wrote: but my brother wouldn't wear the costume if I used the rainbow belt.
BAH! You tell him that it's part of the costume!
By odiemodie
El-lo, there!

Just wanted to say "Aloha", and let you all know I'm also a "Luigi Boo-Buster" !

As a matter of fact, I do have the cosplay, as well now the newly built Poltergust 3000 in my arsenal!

Like Christphern, I was so fortunate to obtain an Eureka Maxima canister vac (Canary Yellow too!) to build my P3000... and wot results! It was a long and somewhat difficult search, always looking for a bargain, like a well used one at a reduced price, and it paid off... a demo model in a department store that was $47.99 (retail price was $80.99)... I got it for $23 buckaroos! YESSS!

Quite small and compact, but still alittle bit heavy to be strapped onto one's back, so of course, gut the poor thing... WAH! But I'd done it in a direct yet, loving way, and the proceedure went without a hitch. The vac motor was fairly in prime condition and still smelled new, so I may re-sell it on Ebay to differ the costs more... perhaps to purchase pieces/ parts for my Proton pack that is in the state of non exsistance... dang it! the only snag of it all was the hose attachments were missing, so I was fortunate to obtain replacements from a vac repairman in the area. cleaned it up, then spray pained it from Canary Yellow, to Righteous Red, spraying several coats to make it rather scratch ressistance, as well painting up the rear wheels metallic Chrome, instead of white (thought I'd "pimp it up" abit... lol). Resulting in a nice replica to the video game pack. I called my pack "The Ferrari of P3000s"! Bolted on four metal loops on the corners top and bottom, the sewed on a cushioned pair of old schoolbag straps... coolness! It still needs tweeking, but it is 95% done, got to shorten down the plastic tubing for the "Ghost sucker", and then pop on a battery powered flashing green indicator light in the back. I got to debut the pack with me mates, the GB Hawai'i Chapter at the re-release of the iconic 80's Spook-comedy GHOSTBUSTERS showing at the theaters the last night on thursday, October 27th. Wa-hoo! Luigi meets the GhostBusters!

So this Halloween, watch out boos an' spooks... BOO-BUSTIN' LUIGI and the GHOSTBUSTERS ARE COMIN'!
By odiemodie
Gosh... my first post, and I see alot of flub-ups and typos!

Oh, well... as long you all are OK with that, and got at least an idea of what I was jabberin' about!

And oh yeah... I was able to find my old original GAMEBOY that i can use as the GAMEBOY HORROR... yaz!

Kinda sad though, it no longer works because did a really bad thing: forgot to take the batteries out, had it stored and... well... you get the idea... again...
By odiemodie
El-lo, there! Hope everyone's Halloween was good, fun an' scary!

So here's my almost complete Poltergust 3000, still needs tweeking ( the plastic tubing for the hose is too long, may have to cut it to size, and the straps' metal mounts need to be covered/ cleaned up abit to look sharp). The "Ghost sucker" attachment is not accurate, will be changing that out with a custom handmade version to the video game one... we're here to catch ghosts... not dust bunnies!

Here she is... all painted up and prepped to go do some BOO BUSTIN'! Started off Canary Yellow, then painted righteous Red, which I like to call Ferrari Red, because intead of plain white or silver, I painted the back wheel hubcaps Metallic chrome, giving the pack that "Sports car appeal"! Again, the hose tube needs to be trimmed down, or it would really look like a vaccum! (well... it is, of course...lol...)

It took some tinkering, but I've devised a way without cutting into the casing/ shell of the vac by bolting on four large looped picture mounts on the top and bottom sides, I'd rather drill small holes than slicing big gaps into it, drilled holes are easier to cover up if a redo is needed, and saves me from grimacing so much if I had to I make several reluctant cuts into it.... ACK!

The upper mounts: Not bad, but needs to be cleaned up by covering the exposed unpainted metal loops with bands of the straps, and touch up the mounts attached to the shell with black paint. For comfort and air circulation for those long outings, as like for the GB proton pack, I'll install foam cushion tubing in the back, and maybe something like a small ALICE frame to prop the P 3000 up alittle more... but other than that, Ay, itsa good!

And here's the lower mounts... I was worried that the screws and metal mount plating would be too thick to fit in between the wheels and the pack, but they just made it... whew! One boo-boo: forgot to paint the opposite insides of the rear wheels and the metal mounts themselves, but they're not too noticable, though I will sometime later... I'm having too much fun wearing the pack right now!:cool:

The pack in its' former state, before the transformation. Pretty Canary Yellow, but Red is the correct color... more agressive, and cool!

Ay! Itsa me with my P 3000, and the GhostBusters Hawai'i Chapter ( my pizanos!) at the re-release of the iconic 80's Spook comedy GHOSTBUSTERS in the Ward theaters outside of Waikiki... GB & BB IN THA HOUSE!
ONE NOTICE: Holy Cannoli! Look very carefully at this photoshot: there maybe a translucent visitor in attendance! Hint: "Follow thee bouncin' ball"...
By odiemodie
I'm really jacked about this costume/ cosplay, having the Poltergust 3000 built and my Luigi cos ready up... because of the soon release of LUIGI'S MANSION 2 that will be in 2012 for the Nintendo 3DS! Didn't get all the entire lowdown, but it was said to be in January of next year the release date. With that said, I will be doing a showing at one or two of the Gamestops in Honolulu as Luigi with the Poltrgust 3000... the thing is... it's the same type of game, but a newer, updated version, so... I might redesign/ rework the Poltergust 3000, converting it into the Poltergust 5000, with the updated look, such as the bright green light indicator, cooling air vents, and small console on the back of the pack. The "ghost sucker" now has a red LED mounted on it, and a pistol-like hand guard... errr... I'm tempted to now look for another canister vac that resmbles the newer one in the game... not only to be accurate, but to own two packs... the Poltergust 3000, and the Poltergust 5000!

We'll see how it goes! :cool:

Here's Luigi sporting the newer, updated and redesigned "Boo-pack": the Poltergust 5000. A more powerful, and more high-tech-looking ghost catcher, with some new additions/ options that maybe revealed later... time to make another Boo-buster!:sigh:
By Ryusui
I was wondering if you were gonna post that pic. I have a couple of great ones with you, Frank and I think Gordon. I really need to get off my ass and put those in the GbHD Facebook album. -_-'
By odiemodie
Lewis Tully wrote: I like that there's a Ghost in this picture... :D
DING! DING! DING! WE HAVE A WINNER!:-D

Thanks, Lewis! I thought on this kind of website, there might be an Egon or some other Paranormal Ecto chaser who would notice that!

Aye, just about like everywhere else, here in Hawai'i has it's share of spooks running around... this one happen to be what I would classify as a "Cinema spirit"... a "Theater ghost", alittle sprite that once was a wondering entity on an old building site before the theaters were built over that one lot. it seems to have taken a liking to movie viewing... no wonder some people said they felt something weird while watching GHOSTBUSTERS!:shock:

The way it is nestling on one of my mates shoulders, I prefer to see it as our own SLIMER!8)

@Ryusui: Aloha, mate!

Nice to see another Islander from Hawai'i on the forums, here! Mahalo! :blush:
stephens540 wrote:everyone looks great...except for the guy with the Rubies costume, i mean come on its a rubies COSTUME not a uniform
Hmmm? You noticed that? Who would that be? :-|
By JayM
Sorry I've been away for a while. Work has kept me busy. If anyone is going to Spooky Empire/May-hem in FL I'll be reviving my GB Luigi with a new suit and I'm working on a Poltergust 5000 for Luigi's Mansion 2! :)

Btw odiemodie, I love how you attached your straps!
By odiemodie
JayM wrote:Sorry I've been away for a while. Work has kept me busy. If anyone is going to Spooky Empire/May-hem in FL I'll be reviving my GB Luigi with a new suit and I'm working on a Poltergust 5000 for Luigi's Mansion 2! :)

Btw odiemodie, I love how you attached your straps!
Thanks, JayM! :-D

(speaking in Luigi's accent): AY! Itsa nice to see you on this a hea forums, my pizano!8)

Though, I could have used brown padded straps to make it more game/ screen accurate, but eh, this will have to do for now... again, I'm having too much fun wearing it... with or without my Luigi costume! :)

Oh yeah... that gathering on your side... wish I could make it to that one. So far, I'm the only Luigi here in Hawai'i who has a Boo-pack... feelin' kinda alone, but... HEY! Thatsa what makes me also feelin' kinda special too, eh? We have an Anime Convention coming up in March, the 16th thru the 18th called KAWAII KON, so I won't feel too out of place since Luigi is a gaming Anime character... I'll be hanging out in the game rooms section at the Kon, should they have the original LUIGI'S MANSION game console on XBOX there! :cool:

Here I am with my Completed Boo Buster Back Pack: the Poltergust 3000 at a photoshoot out in the country in the windward side of O'ahu in Hawai'i earlier this year in January... AY! Isa caughta bigg ghost wearing a bigg boot!:lol:

MAMA MIA! Plumber vs. Trekkie! Which arsenal is more favored? A fed issued Star Trek 1st gen phaser, or a JACKED UP SUCK ANY GHOST AND YOUR EYES OUT BUTT KICKIN' BOO-BUSTIN' BACK PACK VAC?:-P
By odiemodie
Boo! Thought I post this pic up... it is me as Boo Buster Luigi with a youngster Sonic the Hedgehog at the AAFES PX for the Halloween Parade party on post, Schofield Barracks, Wahiawa, the island of O'ahu, Hawai'i. An event for and in support of the Military families and their kids who were home and some still on deployment. They asked for Anime characters, so from GBer to CPer was in order. Had a costume contest, a scary fun monster parade, a limbo contest, then a dance party afterwards, with yours truly pumpin' out the tunes, both ipod/iphone and CD old school style!

As you can see (well, what you can see), my P 3000/ BBP is externally complete, the only thing missing is a suitable "hook" for the vac wand... still trying to find a way to get it to neatly "stow" itself on the side of the pack without it falling or coming off.. Also, the strobe in the front vac port for the flashing lights effect is missing. but what made up for that was I used it as a candy holder and went around giving candies to the kiddies who were Trick or Treating to the various stores there on the mall. Some thought I was going to suck their hands off until they saw the candies in it...lol... And oh, yeah... "What's up with the hair?" I was sporting as "Cool Luigi"... the one with longer, hipper, looking hair... just change from the "clear cut look" Luigi!

Hope all of you Ghostheads had a good, safe, and scary HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

And remember: KEEP ON BUSTIN'!
By odiemodie
joeghostbuster: that's totally AWESOME! That BBP looks kick arse,
for something made in short order, like a week... Impressive! :D

Your nephew is lucky to have a uncle like you... a GHOSTBUSTER, at best!

Keep on Bustin'! :cool:
Proton Props UK

Hey guys, I just wanted to give a quick update on […]

Ecto Containment Unit

First off awesome work!!! second of all where did […]

https://i.imgur.com/cMwtW9y.jpg Where do th[…]

Greetings from Montana

Hey and welcome