This is for other Ghostbusters Props that don't fit into the categories above.
Ok. This is not exactly a "prop" question but I would like to know what kind of camera Dan Aykroyd carries around in the library. (Not the still camera, but the movie camera.) Is it Super 8 format, or Betamax, or...??
~5B
Last edited by fifth_beatle on November 15th, 2005, 5:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By gbnick
Its a Nikon SLR FM2 SLR stands for Single Lense Reflex My photo teacher has the exact same model and hes been doing photography since he was a kid so he should know
By fifth_beatle
Yeah, that's the camera around his neck.

But, I'm trying to find out the video camera he carries. That one's a big mystery to me.
Thanks, tho.
~5B
By gbnick
Thats what im wondering to i know its vhs a teacher of mine had it it belonged to a school i use to go to i will go there and see if they still have it and if i can have it
By KitsuneStarr
Well I am new, finally got around to posting, but I looked into this and cross checked the image from the movies (what i could get off DVD) and dug around the time the movie was made, 1984. the Hitachi VK-C1000 was the first public consumer video camcorder around 1981ish and has the same shape as whats in the movie. I think the one in the movie was either modified from that model or it was a diffrent model. Sorry I couldnt be much more help. I'm busy tracking down a that nikon camera mentioned earlier

One Other Note. The VK-C1000 had a recording Device attached that was a tabletop recording unit plugged into the camcorder and held on a shoulder strap. As they pass the ooze on the library cards, you see that clearly, I am now confident that has got to be the model they used.
By fifth_beatle
After searching and searching and searching the internet, I believe I have found the camera model used in GB1. I located it on eBay and won the auction this afternoon. Since the auction is closed, you would have to have an eBay account to view it, so I snagged the picture and put it on my personal site:

http://www.questvideoproduction.com/ima ... camera.JPG

It's a Panasonic PK-750. There are some missing items from the auction, though, notably the carrying handle across the top, the windscreen for the mike, and the tape recording part (older cameras in the 80's had the two elements split up - the tape housing was connected to the camera via a video cable.) I doubt if the camera even works, but I don't care too much. It's a "prop" in my book.

Thanks to you guys' input, and thanks for steering me in the right direction K-Starr - I knew it had to be an early generation recorder like the Hitachi, so I searched for the term "vintage recorder" on Google. (At first I was going through all the Betamovie cameras one-by-one, until I switched gears to the Panasonic models.)
Thanks again,
~5B

Preview for #2 on DH's page. https://www.darkhors[…]

The_Y33TER , since the majority of the maker sc[…]

PKE Meter build project!

DO you have this files on sale?

There's some fun dialogue TV-edits, a replacement[…]