This is for other Ghostbusters Props that don't fit into the categories above.
I have been working on this concept for my own uniform.

I agree that the pack technology should not be touched. Having something for the hoses and cables so you dont get caught on them then distroy the pack is the most I would do and maybe add the Slime Thrower upgrade from the video game.

The belt gizmo I would say needs a major upgrade (and a reasion to exist). It seams very irrational to keep somehting as delecate as circut board with (presumably) working electronics to be exposed to the elements (and slime) like it is in the movies and video game. I say make it enclosed like the RGB gizmos, connected to a daughter board that is like a relay for all the equipmet. The Ecto goggles, PKE, and Pack can conect to the daughterboard witch can send information to the other equipment thru the belt gizmo circut board (ie the hook up between the goggles and the PKE).

I would also upgrade the PKE meter with a sensor that dose not require an antenna. Yes its makes the meter look cooler and flashy but is it really nesscassry? I would also want to make it more like the a RGB style and have the GB:VG OS with an LED Touch screen and a way to access Tobins spirit guide for information about piticular demons and supstances.

For the traps, I like the wireless trap with a automated sensor in it. But i also say that there still needs to be a way to connect a hose to it, technology is always flawed and will break down at the worst times, and when that class 10 shows up and your wireless trap is not working, what are you going to do? Hose it up and let 'er rip! Plus I really like the Mini C/U in the Ecto.

Im puting my uniform togeather by finding modern day parts to put things togeather. I havent started on my pack yet, but soon. Ill add photos to a post once i get some time.
I did some more 'streamlined' versions of equipment for my old GB:RPG games for my buddies in high school and college. Nothing got miniaturized by much, since this was still the late 80's/early 90's.

The only thing that really sticks out in my mind was that my slightly-smaller trap looked a lot like a metal beer stein on its side. Instead of a shoebox shape, it was a cylinder. The handle attached at two places, not one. And the doors were an iris at the front instead of two rectangles at the top. No cord, no pedal. Plus, I just thought it would look really cool to trap a ghost and then spin the thing around your finger like a six-shooter.

I also remember dividing the equipment into different job specialties. Zappers had the packs. Trappers had a helmet and flak vest, since they're usually in the crossfire zone, and bandoliers dripping with multiple stein-shaped traps. Snooper-scoopers had the sensory equipment (goggles, PKE meters, Giga-Meters) and the sample collecting equipment like the slime scoop. Originally those were gonna be two different jobs, Snoopers and Scoopers, but there didn't really seem to be much call for the Scooper guy, so his duties got absorbed.

My buddies were all playing themselves, a few years older. This led to an interesting re-design on the proton thrower for one friend who was born without a right hand. Instead of a grip handle at the front, it was a cuff that his handless arm would slip into. And since the controls had to be left-handed, he got a pack with everything laid out in mirror image of the regular ones.

Oh, and instead of a Cadillac, their Ecto was a converted school bus. We had so many friends playing, we needed something that would seat eight or more comfortably. So I had the idea to take a bus, keep the first few rows of seats, install a big honking proton pack power unit in the back, and put a B-52-style bubble turret in the roof with particle thrower cannons.

At all four corners of the roof were dedicated ghost traps that emptied into a small onboard containment unit. It could be emptied into the headquarters CU via a purge hose that would socket into the opening where traps are inserted. Of course, this led to a scenario where a villain turned this hose on the heroes, spewing out a dozen recently-caught and very pissed-off ghosts back at them.

Ah, good times.

~~~

By the way, I am surprised no one has mentioned this commercial yet in this thread...

Alex

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]

Uniform Tips

Sorry for the triple post (you guys have gotten […]

Proton Props???

Ugly Little Spud, Did you actually get the pack?[…]