This is for other Ghostbusters Props that don't fit into the categories above.
Small updates on my CU...

I took the window opener, and bits of plywood and made an attachment greeblie for the handle to fit the CU. It was bondoed for more stronger bond, and then sanded prior to painting. The baking paper is there to prevent the E6000 sticking on anything but the bolt that is trough the door. Yes, this handle does twist and turn, just like the one in the movie... It just is not accurate enough for me, but will do for now. I will try to get a machined, accurate one made from aluminum for this...

The labels for the CU that I got from CapnCyan are just fabulous! Thank you for making these, and thanks for Mereel on them too, you guys made these so great that I cannot find the right words..

There is some labels still absent, and some details that need to be included. As I watch the reference photos more and more, there seems to be more details that I need to add... The ribbon cable has been ordered, as are the buttons for the right panel, and the lamps on top of the unit are too, on the way... Much, much work on this, but as with the 1/12 Ecto, you deserve the best I can make.

Thanks for watching, more to follow.
Thanks Mereel, your work both on the labels and their placement has been a great bonus to my work. Without them, this would not look so good...

Some work today, I need to push some overtime at work, and start doing the plans for this for you all..

Today's update is on the top left corner, the electronic box and the ribbon cable, seel here behind good ol' Winston.

Am I corrert on the assumption that I am the first to notice the little label just beneath the Electrical box? I haven't seen it on any other builds...

I took an old C-Cassette, and cut it out to make a custom cable clamb for the ribbon cable. Now, I could have just gone and buy an real from the EL store, but It was near the weekend, the order would have taken to next week. E6000 glue was used to secure the one end in place.

And this is how it looks from the audience point of view. From what I can tell, this end of the cable is going inside of the box.

The EL box screwed in place. Yes, there is a tad extra cable... The minimum order was 1 meter, and you need about 30cm... Enough spares for few mistakes...

I took another cassette, and dremelled it out. It was then filed with bondo, parts of my credit card, and painted black.

Here is the ribbon cable attached on the CU. I still need to tweak the cable into resting as it should, and split it part way. There the extra cable might come in handy...

The little warning label beneath the box it one of Cap's extras, it is perfect in shape, and in general. Untill a better screengrab from the movie can be aquired, this one will do.

There is so much to be done, I am discovering another thing to add after another... Thanks for tuning in. More to follow.

And, for you Finns there, remember to tune in to channel 4 tonight, at 21.30 for Ghostbusters 2.

Another note, the Hell's Inc. Containment unit weights exactly 18 kilograms at the time of this update.

Cheers!
Mereel wrote:Man, great catch on that label! I'll have to get one for Mattel's ECU asap! It's funny, how you can look at something ten times and not see it until someone points it out, lol.
Heh, know the feeling...

Be sure to mail me whatever you get done. The one on my CU is from Cap, and is not correct in regards to the movie still. As said, it will do, as it is in perfect size. At least until a screen accurate one can be produced. I can't do that myself, so I need help on the matter.

Thanks for wathing, now it is time for me to go to work. (Real work, bummer)

-Cheers!
An update, small, but pointless..

The thing is, that when you want to make something as accurate as you can, without a community as great as the GBFans (absolutely no pun intended), I am slow. Sorry for that...

Managed to find some plumbing elbows for our CU, they were brass, but are now aluminum, thanks to Humbrol Enamels...Yes, the top has an elbow, where as the bottom has only the connector. Good thing on this was, that both came in the same package... Just need to check for the cables on this, just as soon as the E6000 glue sets in, or the Tristar feature 'Iron Eagle' stops...

Cheers!
Repurposing the cassette tape casing is a great idea - nice work.

Depending on your OCDness, it looks like you might want less of a severe right angle on that upper plumbing elbow, and more of a slight curve. Something NO ONE would ever notice, obviously, and you probably already are aware.

This thing looks really amazing so far.
Carpeteria wrote:Repurposing the cassette tape casing is a great idea - nice work.

Depending on your OCDness, it looks like you might want less of a severe right angle on that upper plumbing elbow, and more of a slight curve. Something NO ONE would ever notice, obviously, and you probably already are aware.

This thing looks really amazing so far.
Yeah, thanks, I can see what you are saying about the elbow. It was as close to the one on the pic as I could get. I'll have to get it to a vice and grind it a bit smoother... Good thing that only the hex coupler was glued to the EL box, the elbow can be removed by simply unscrewing it..

I'll try ti get this as nuts as I can, accuracy related, that is.. This forum deserves nothing less from me.

Still, today, I have not been able to do much. The buttons and lamp cups are in the mail, but coming from Hong Kong and Germany, it might take some time. I have very few labels that I need to add to this, and some cables, but not today. My mind has been set on the plans, and I've taken some serious thinking on those, and I need to take a break.
Ok, a little bit further...

The weather is just about worst for my Ecto project, it is warmer when I am at work, and frozen at other times, when is does not snow, that is...

So, I might as well do work on my Containment Unit...

The Trap Enclosure needs bellows on the rear of the unit, so I unscrewed the door from the hinges, and built a frame from scrap plywood from other project.

I bought some rubber insulation tube with a flap on it. From the end it looks a little like letter P with rounder top.

It was cut to lenghts, and each was then thoroughly stapled to the frame. This took some time, as you might guess...

But soon enough the whole frame at the rear of the Enclosure was filled, and looks like it should.

The frame, with attachements and staples and such, from the rear..

The door, with the Enclosure and Bellows was re-attached to the Containment Unit. The faux hinge that I added to the bottom of the door keeps the door at level when open, handy for photographs.

I am content with the Bellows at the moment. There shoud be 17 contours on the bellows, but I only managed to get 14 in to it. The smallest rubber tubing was just too large for me to add the remaining three...

The pink rubber band is there to hold the door closed as I work, so the hinges won't break - Again...

I got some mail for this project, namely the push buttons. I took the instrument panel for these, and cut out the holes for each button. These buttons can handle 230VAC, and 5Amps. That will be put to use in the future...

In their place, they got the labels next to them. Thanks Cap & Mereel, these are just great!

The other instrument panel got some attention too. The meter was changed, and by a little trimming, the other two labels are good and in proper place. The 'Unit Configured' needs to be changed when I rig this up with 230VAC. We need to be precise, after all...

This panel needs a third knob, I need to remember to place my order to Nick A Tron for it.

There it is, in it's glory. I do have the cables for the top left Electric Box, but those can wait 'till I've slept some. I need to get the other EL Box for them too, so they do not just droop somewhere..

With the door open, showing the Enclosure and Bellows.

Again, but from a bit higher...

Thanks for tuning in, more updates as I get them, and hopefully, soon some plans. I know there are folks who are waiting for them.
Gretings, and warm welcome to the weekend where ever you all are. Here in Finland, the temperature just dropped to -25 degrees Celcius, and with the breeze from the sea, it is cold. VERY cold.

Nothing serious work done today, on my part, but I am happy to announce that a friend of mine had free time on his hands, and was able to conjure up some plans for our Containment Unit. Nothing serious, just the Motherboard and the basic box. The rest are to follow, the plans will be updated for you. My friend cannot help me on this matter in the two upcoming weekends, but after that, we will take our CU to the table, and do some serious work on the plans. It is, after all, kind of hard to do plans on cad, without being even ten kilometers from the Containment Unit...

Attached are the first two pages. All measurements are in Millimeter, as in Metric standard.

Have a good one!

Cheers!

Oh, forgot to mention to JC that the CU Box' corners are rounded with a 19mm diameter circle. You in the states know this as the one cent coin.... Just make your box with sharp corners, put your nickel there and draw, and round your corners...
Words do not express the thanks the community can give you for making these plans available for future ghostheads.

:crunch::crunch::crunch::crunch::crunch::crunch::crunch::crunch:
Thanks for the kind words, they mean a lot to me.

A quick teaser, I am in a world of hurry to work.

My friend had some free time, and with some pictures of our Containment Unit, he was able to dabble these up... They will be cleaned up and cleared, before plans can be offered.

A heads up on the opening of the CU door. As the plans currently are, the CU door has little room for all the detail bits to be like they should be. I'll post more tomorrow, but beware that the hole behind the door could be a little wider.

Cheers!
Thank you all for the comments!

I see that the preliminary plans for this unit has been downloaded quite a few times. I cannot say how much that means to me, thank you for your interest. The plans will be updated SEVERELY, in two weeks, if all comes together. 'Tlill that time, I can work on the details and other bits on this.

I bought the heatsinks from Ebay for this, there are several to choose from, and as I had a sample from an old stereo, I could easily see what fits my needs. The heatsinks I bought are a tad too wide, so they will be cut, but that and other stuff on them can wait untill they get here.

There are several small socket head screws on the inside, as well as on the outside of the Trap Enclosure. I've come to the conclusion that there are more of them on the inside of the Enclosure, than on the out. As I had already assembled the Enclosure, I needed to hacksaw the screws to the end, so they could be glued on.

The sidebars were made from 20mm MDF, which was cut to 20mm x 20mm square, and about foot long rod. This was glued on, and then filled and sanded smooth. The same hex sqrews were also added.

The 'Danger High Voltage Bars were cut from 25mm square alum tube. In the original, this was a bit higher than on the side of the enclosure, and open on both ends.

All bits were then painted with the red paint that I bought for this. I got the right amount, I have painted every surface twice, and the jar is still not empty...

For your information, the hex sqrews are the same screws that are on the forward Indicator Box on your traps... And, There is a LOT of them in this thing, about fifty, If I am correct....

There were some labels that were needed, so I glued them on. The 'DANGER HIGH VOLTAGE' was either missing, or too small on every label sheet I could find, so I simply printed the text in red. Size 20 Impact, centered.
The triangle labels were a bit of a problem for me. The sheets I had, Including Cap & Mereels, were either too large or small. I took the larger (Cap & Mereel's) and printed it roughly in half the size.
Now it fits, seen here withe original size for comparison.

As it is Valentine's Day, and I know that one certain Swedish Ghostbuster needs it, I made a littel Valentine's Day present for him. This was done as the glue and paint was drying, and went on smoothly between the Containment Unit work... It is now painted black, and awaits for some steel wool, and green tubing, labels, weathering and it is done. It really is astonishing how fast you can make one of these, when you have a example next to take measurements... And, I used much of the extra alum tube from the CU for this...

But, that is all for now, it is payday, I need to get to the bank and steal some money (from my own account, mind you...) and then hit a newly renovated supermaker in the next town. A co-worker informed me that there were some interesting Hot Wheels toys for less than two bucks.. One being the Delorean Time machine.. I REALLY need to go and check the lineup more thoroughly... Who knows wht can be found there....
Ok, I'm working overtime... Not on this project, but on the real life works... Three weeks straight in the row, starting monday next... Sorry for lettin my projects fall back a little... The 1/12 Ecto project is on hold until the weather straightens up. It is now about -4 on celcius, might try to paint the caddy, but, I will not risk it. So, sorry for your addicts, you all need to feast on this...

I ordered the heatsinks for my Containment Unit. They were found cheaply from England through Ebay, and oh BOY, was the shipment FAST!! Ordered in tuesday evening, postal note by Thursday, and package claimed in Friday....

The Heatsinks have brass greeblies on them, and I set out to make them from MFD I had lying around. Here is my trusty vice set on a niche on my kitchen. The Vice is attached to a plywood for easy use. There are rubber feet uder it so it will not damage anything when used.

The Heatsinks I ordered can be seen on the pic too...

Cutting, filing, sanding, etc.... You all know the works...

Looks the part, on the floor...

And, on the Trap Enclosure...

I had extra bit of green tubing, and I am not one known to throw away good things, I did another set of Trigger Box / Slo-Blo Box.... Now, Anton has to choose which he wants to have, and I will need to know what to do withe the other...

By the way, the only paint used on both of these is black satin. The weathering is by sandpaper and cinnamon...

The Greeblies have their brass/gold sheen, via gold spray can. I wonder if someone I know is able and eager to do these in brass for me....

Now, the rest of the detail. I am stumped on the two thingies attached to the heatsink. Can anyone clarify the picture for me, or does someone know just what the heck are those things....?

Cheers' and thanks for tuning in!
Skully wrote:The additions to the heat sink look like replacement female ends to extension cords. With the rear cap removed ,they have the screw terminals and all. Im fairly sure .
Can you get a picture of those so I can see for myself. They propably are different than those used here, as the current here is 230VAC. Those do not resemble any extension cord parts that I am used to. More looking like some part from dismantled lamp or something..

Thanks for the input, I'll need to check those US extension cords. I am making one test piece from cast nuts and bolts. The plaster is drying, then I can see if I can show you my version of them.
Hasbro Ghostbusters

I know very little about Five Nights at Freddy's […]

Doug Keithley/sponge face/Ghostlab42 made a excell[…]

Did it come out today? Ugh the art is so bad tho[…]