This is for other Ghostbusters Props that don't fit into the categories above.
By belldandy4087
Catch 22! and I just completed the dancing toaster from Ghostbuster 2

here is the Original

the 12 volt. car door actuators that We used. We got them off of ebay for 15 bucks

Here are picts of the actuators mounted onto the frame

as you can see here, the Negative leads are grounded to the frame. (similar to a car trailer) and the positive leads are individually wired. I wired them into 6 wire telephone wire. yes its old stuff rated for 12v

This is the Control box. I used a 4 pack of Momentary Push buttons from radio shack, the smallest project box that they had, a DPDT Switch for the on and off.

And here it is in action!
By Porturtle
That's sweet we just finished up one. Gonna post up some pics soon.

Nice to see more toasters popping up!
By alphabeta001
The new Christmas gift boutique item!! :-)
By Judhudson
Awesome job!!! I would love to make this one day. What did you use for the batteries if I may ask?
By belldandy4087
I didnt use a battery. I used a 12v transformer, all though I am making a cord so i can run off a battery.
By goldenhawk
I have a similar set up. Finding the damn toaster was the hardest part. The car acuators run off heavy ass 12 V batteries.
By Catch22!
Finding the toaster is the hardest part on this build. While that toaster is listed as one of the most purchased toasters, it is still not easy to find.

The actual build took a couple of hours. I had old 6 wire telephone wire used to put in home telephones. One of the best things is to give it an authentic looking cord, I used an old power tool cord, pulled the wires out and ran the telephone wire inside it fit like a glove.

We were a bit concerned if the door lock actuators would react fast enougt. Turns out they work perfectly.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Ghostbusters Fans on Android
By Alex Newborn
I'd love to try one of these someday, when I get a bit more learned on the electrical end of things.

I noticed yours has a pattern on the side, but the one in the movie is smooth. Did they modify it to be more generic?

Alex
By belldandy4087
no, the movie one was a b700 , mine is a b700e. the only difference is the pattern'
By Catch22!
Alex

This is actually a great project to lean on. Electrical is really straight forward. A good project to practice your soldering on. No circuit boards, just push buton switches. We added a plug to plug a 12 v power supply in to the control box, but that was easy also. I would be happy to give anyone wanting to make a similar system tips/assistance.
By Alex Newborn
I may have to start looking for the right model and give this a whirl eventually.

Last year, I noticed that my own toaster looks fairly similar. I brought it into the den where the TV and DVD player were and compared it to freeze-frames from the movie.

I left it in the floor when I went to pick up the kids from school. When I got back, my youngest immediately asked if I had been making it dance. I said no, I was just looking at it. He stared down at it for a moment and then nodded sagely and said, "If we only had a pool table."

Poor kid's got the gene. He sees one item from the movie scene, he wants all the rest.

Alex
By Catch22!
MrLunacy wrote:Need help finding a picture of what he power supply looks like please

Depends on how you want to run it. The car door lock activators that was used in Belldandy's run on 12 volt. I used an AC power transformer that runs on 110 volts but the output is 12 volts. Lots of these at thrift stores.

I then just put a RCA micro jack on the control box (4 radio shack mini push buttons mounted in a Radio Shack project box). Each button is attached to the two wires from each activator.

You can also run this off of a 12 volt battery. You can get a 12 v rechargeable battery at most hardware stores. It does not have to be big. Battery's are rated in Amp hours. for this, a small battery is fine.

You can write me at cunhab52@gmail.com if you need any more help.
Alex Newborn liked this
    Hasbro Ghostbusters

Is anybody making Slime Blowers that would fit the[…]

Beautiful!! I'm getting this even if finances don[…]

Super helpful thanks. I will read properly when […]

I just couldn't help myself and had to add texture[…]