This is for other Ghostbusters Props that don't fit into the categories above.
Well, I almost bought the Tandy version by mistake. Luckily I double-checked the reference page here and realized I had not specified 'Radio Shack' in my Saved Search for a 'PC-4 calculator'.

I decided not to purchase the Tandy and let its auction expire. Good thing, too, as I then found listings for other Tandy's at a third the price. I honestly thought about buying a Tandy, sanding off the logo, and making some Radio Shack stickers for it.

Then I found a listing for the Radio Shack one, at the lower price range. I watched it for a week.

In the last few hours, someone drove the price up on me to *exactly* the Buy It Now price of the first Tandy.

Ironically, that was my max. If they'd bid even another 50 cents, they'd have won it from me, but of course they didn't know that.

So it just arrived and I was surprised how hefty it felt! You could hurt somebody with this thing.

I got out my Panasonic PK-750 camera and my PKE Meter and grouped all my 'TV commercial scene' props together.

Now I'm more determined than ever to own every prop from that scene, buy three blue labcoats, and fly to New York with two buddies to shoot a re-creation in front of the firehouse.

I only need the portable VCR on Murray's right shoulder, the Bacharach Sniffer that Aykroyd is holding, the cassette interface that holds this calculator in Ramis' pocket, and the Walkman/stethoscope.

I know, those aren't going to be easy items to find. But you know what? Two years ago, I'd have said that tracking down ANY of this stuff was impossible. And thanks to websites like this, it's really NOT.

So a big thanks to all those who have gone before me to uncover and share what each tiny item in the film was.

Alex
Last edited by Alex Newborn on January 25th, 2014, 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Me, you, and Jud could split gas and take the Ecto. :shock:
By ramcuda
Nice grab on that !!!!

MMMMMMM blue lab coats .....

let me kick around some boxs and see if something falls out ....
So my girlfriend's dad is the head technical director for her college's theater program and while he was giving me a tour I came across this just lying in a pile of old electronic "props" not sure if it's the right model or maybe a year or two off of being accurate. Unfortunately this was the only pic I grabbed so far.

Well, time to dust off this old thread and give it some updates.

I eventually did get the correct interface for Egon's PC-4 calculator, back in August of 2013...

... but I could never find it by itself, so I had to buy the PC-4 again.

~~~

And most recently, I nabbed this little cutie just a few days ago...

"Ray, for your information, the interest rate alone for the first five years comes to ninety-five thousand dollars."

It's a Casio Micro-Mini M-810. When I compared it to devilmanozzy's reference pics above, it looked like the dark line was too big, but if you watch the DVD in motion instead of a still, it's a really good match.

Alex
jackdoud liked this
It was gboy6 who ID'ed it about a year ago in this thread:

http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... 37&t=28653

It took me this long to find one. Oddly enough, three of them were all up for sale at the same time. This one was the least expensive, the middle price was a $50 BIN, and another went for MORE than $50, even though the $50 BIN was still available at the time, which made me scratch my head. Some people just don't browse enough, I guess.

Alex
Quick question, Alex... have you tried hanging the TRS-80 from the lab coat pocket yet? What is the best way to do this? Did you fabricate a clip of some sort? Thanks!
Alex Newborn liked this
Cool, thanks! If I figure something out, I'll let you know... ;)
Alex Newborn liked this

If you need any clarification at all, PM me or […]

Proton Props UK

Good decision to lift the ban! By the way: I think[…]

I'd use some putty. Yeah. I'm sorry, I'm not […]

Or if you bought the access pack you get them inst[…]